Greenhouse gases overpowering natural cooling

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat.

We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

We are adding 10 BILLION TONS of CO2 to the atmosphere every year.

The Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years.

The earth's orbit is in a positon that the earth should have been cooling for the last 100 years, but instead it is heating up.

Those are the facts.

You are the liar.

Vapidly repeating your dopey mantra does not suffice to overcome the stark lack of support you have for that stupid theory you embrace.

You can CALL them facts, but they still aren't. And you remain the liar.

Which of these facts can you disprove?

And please provide links, not just your opinion.
you got it wrong, as usual
you are the one that needs to prove your facts
its not up to anyone to disprove them

Too funny!

First we get:
Chris said:

CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

The earth's orbit is in a positon that the earth should have been cooling for the last 100 years, but instead it is heating up.

Those are the facts.

Then this little gem:
Chris said:

Typical commie statist moonbat...One set of rules for himself and another set for everyone else! :rofl:

Eat shit and die, dickweed.

I am still wondering something ... yes, it's a different wonder this time since I can't get an honest or even attempt at my other wonder.

Do the environuts stop to think that maybe we are suppose to be warmer than we have been?

That's something that I've asked in various forms. The orbit of the Earth about the Sun will be most circular in about 10,000 years and so the optimum for warming from that forcing will continue to increase for that period.

Actually, I've read sources that place the circular optimum from 6000 to 10,000 years away, but it shouldn't make much difference to me in any event.

This little factoid relating to orbital eccentricity, the thing that actually starts and ends Ice Ages, is left out of most discussions by those who tout the effect of CO2. Why do you suppose it is left out?

It can't be taxed.

Those are the facts.

You are the liar.

Vapidly repeating your dopey mantra does not suffice to overcome the stark lack of support you have for that stupid theory you embrace.

Some of those are facts, some are half truths and the one about the orbit is absolutely false. Please see the links in my posts previous to by a couple for more info on the orbital ecentricity.

That CO2 helps to retain heat is not in question. How much heat it will retain is. We know that for every succeeding incremental increase, twice as much CO2 is needed to achieve the increase. We know that only 3% of the CO2 currently being emitted is anthropogenic.

We know that while the TSI is at a low point over the most recent 100 years, and we also know that the current level is at a historically high level compared to the last 500 years.

We know that CO2 has been much, much higher in the distant past than it is now and we know that when an Ice Age occurs, the level of CO2 will drop precipitously.

What you are stating is akin to saying that if you throw a ball in the air it will rise. You fail to mention the obvious or inevitable next step. Not mentioning it does not mean it isn't there. It only means that you either don't know about it or are trying to hide it.

Why you continue to say the Earth's orbit is conducive to cooling at this time is beyond me. Google Milankovitch Cycles and then search eccentricity.

Some of those are facts, some are half truths and the one about the orbit is absolutely false. Please see the links in my posts previous to by a couple for more info on the orbital ecentricity.

That CO2 helps to retain heat is not in question. How much heat it will retain is. We know that for every succeeding incremental increase, twice as much CO2 is needed to achieve the increase. We know that only 3% of the CO2 currently being emitted is anthropogenic.

We know that while the TSI is at a low point over the most recent 100 years, and we also know that the current level is at a historically high level compared to the last 500 years.

We know that CO2 has been much, much higher in the distant past than it is now and we know that when an Ice Age occurs, the level of CO2 will drop precipitously.

What you are stating is akin to saying that if you throw a ball in the air it will rise. You fail to mention the obvious or inevitable next step. Not mentioning it does not mean it isn't there. It only means that you either don't know about it or are trying to hide it.

Why you continue to say the Earth's orbit is conducive to cooling at this time is beyond me. Google Milankovitch Cycles and then search eccentricity.

No links, just opinion.

As I suspected, you have nothing.

No links, just opinion.

As I suspected, you have nothing.

Are you really this dumb?

Still waiting for someone to disprove that CO2 causes the earth to retain heat.

Anybody?

Oh you're so subtle Chris, NOT.

No one disputes CO2 is a greenhouse gas. We need greenhouse gases for life to survive on this planet. The question is can our contribution to it be considered significant? Here are some actual facts.

FACT: It is beleive the earth has warmed roughly 1.4 degrees F in the last hundred years.

FACT: It is know that even if man contributed nothing to greenhouse gases, the earth would still be warming as we are still coming out of the little ice age.

FACT: CO2 is a trace gas comprising about .038% of the atmosphere.

FACT: mans contribution to that .038% is estimated to be somwhere betwee 2% and 5%.

Based on those simple numbers which you are welcome to attempt to refute it is amazing how people like yourself can believe man is causing a global warming crisis. Here is more actual evidence. Evidence I am sure will require you to attack the source due to your inability to credibly refute the actual findings.

Global Warming:A Chilling Perspective

Anybody?

No one disputes CO2 is a greenhouse gas. We need greenhouse gases for life to survive on this planet. The question is can our contribution to it be considered significant? Here are some actual facts.

FACT: It is beleive the earth has warmed roughly 1.4 degrees F in the last hundred years.

FACT: It is know that even if man contributed nothing to greenhouse gases, the earth would still be warming as we are still coming out of the little ice age.

FACT: mans contribution to that .038% is estimated to be somwhere betwee 2% and 5%.

Based on those simple numbers which you are welcome to attempt to refute it is amazing how people like yourself can believe man is causing a global warming crisis. Here is more actual evidence. Evidence I am sure will require you to attack the source due to your inability to credibly refute the actual findings.

As a part of Earth's atmosphere, CO2 is a molecular rounding error. However, NeoMarxists have no chance at crashing our economy if they focused on the greater molecule H2O.

What would be their motto: "Save the Planet, Stop taking hot showers!"?

Anybody?

As a part of Earth's atmosphere, CO2 is a molecular rounding error. However, NeoMarxists have no chance at crashing our economy if they focused on the greater molecule H2O.

The link I posted is pretty interesting. It highlights that peopel like Chris, really have no concept or persepctive of their place in time on this planet, seeing as how it has been pretty damn cold for last couple million years. We are lucky right now that we are living in a warming trend. A trend that relatively speaking doesn't occur very often. What we need to be panicking about is what to do when it gets cold again. I am fairly certain the existance of man on this planet is going to be put at much greater risk if it is put under a mile or so of ice then it will if it gets a couple degrees warmer at worst projections.

The link I posted is pretty interesting. It highlights that peopel like Chris, really have no concept or persepctive of their place in time on this planet, seeing as how it has been pretty damn cold for last couple million years. We are lucky right now that we are living in a warming trend. A trend that relatively speaking doesn't occur very often. What we need to be panicking about is what to do when it gets cold again. I am fairly certain the existance of man on this planet is going to be put at much greater risk if it is put under a mile or so of ice then it will if it gets a couple degrees warmer at worst projections.

The biggest problem with the new breed of environuts is that even if there was a real problem we could fix, they wouldn't focus on that, simply because they just want to get rid of all corporations and give only a few of them monopolies. Gore Inc is one of the biggest, and the truly interesting factoid is that Chris hates rich people (or so he claims) and yet supports giving all the money to only a few companies who wear the label "green", this is telling of their mentality.

Anybody?

The source you quote is one that is hated by the Alamists. However, it is sourced to the sources that the alarmists revere.

This must be confusing.

more blah, blah, blah, bla, bla, and yet here we are alive, getting fat on McDonalds french fries. If only we had somewhere to turn to save us, if only someone somewhere could save my world for me, those super smart politicians, maybe they can help, I forget which one ran his own corporation, I forget which one is not a multi-millionaire, if only they could do something, they need more power to save me.

The good news is that it won't get cold in the Ice Age Sense for another 6-10 thousand years. That's the astonomical/geological reality that cannot be affected by mankind.

The bad news is that we are being herded along by idiots who have no real answers to real problems so they want to create fictional answers to fictional problems. Enter AGW.

There are some real problems like world peace and a failing economy which could be addressed, but these snake oil salespeople prefer to say they are trying to help these things along and, in the mean time, display consistantly that they both have not the first clue what it is they are doing and that they want to cite these problems only as a means to the end of stealing money to give to their friends.

The campaign for 2010 needs to be nothing more than to construct a montage of Obama's promises and the results of his programs. Bi-patisan governance? Gitmo Closed? Taxes not increased? The Good War? Jobs created? Recession ended? Effectiveness of spending 1 trillion on stimulating the economy? International initiatives? Balance of trade? Reduction of the deficite? His prediction on the success of the Iraq surge? Obama's rejection of his general's military advice? Links to ACORN? Revereand Wright? Pride in and love of Country? Post racial belief system? Police acting "stupidly"? Beer summit? No pre-conditions? Re-set? 1 trillion to insure 10 million?

This would be funny if the joke was not on us.

Anybody?

Sad fact is that he cannot refute actual science and statistics....That's more than likely the primary reason he speaks in the fallacious language of platitudes, slogans, truisms and begged questions.

Forum List

Back