Greatest NFL moment(s) in history

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
What would you put up there? Of course, it’s going to have some fandom bias.. but, I can’t imagine any list not having:

1. Joe Namath’s finger wag after calling his shot for Super Bowl 3
2. Montana to Clark (was always overrated IMO)
3. The immaculate reception
4. David Tyree’s helmet catch in the super bowl
5. Malcolm Butlers INT of Russell Wilson at end of super bowl

1. Johnny U leads Colts to defeat Giants in last minute goal line TD 1958
2. Bart Starr QB Sneak beats Dallas in the Ice Bowl
3. 17 point underdog Jets shock Colts in SB III to show AFL Parity
4. Giants shock undefeated Patriots on last minute TD
5. Tom Brady leads Patriots from 28 point deficit to beat Falcons in OT in SB
6 Malcolm Butlers goal line interception after Seattle seems to have won the game

Last edited:
3. 17 point underdog Jets shock Colts in SB III to show AFL Parity
I just watched a documentary on how some believe that Super Bowl was fixed (even Colts players)…. that there was no way that MVP Earl Morral could have played THAT bad or have missed a certain receiver who was wide open on a certain play.

I just watched a documentary on how some believe that Super Bowl was fixed (even Colts players)…. that there was no way that MVP Earl Morral could have played THAT bad or have missed a certain receiver who was wide open on a certain play.

I never believe in Conspiracy Theory’s but

But the Colts got inside the 20 on five first half drives and came away with zero points.
Earl Moral threw a couple of picks in the end zone and passed up a wide open Rich Volk to throw an interception into double coverage
Colts kicker Walt Michaels missed two FGs inside the 30
Johnny U threw an Int in the end zone

Other notables that come to mind:

1. The music city miracle (Titans)
2. Stephon Diggs last second tip-toe TD to send the Vikings onward in the playoffs over the Saints
3. Buffalo’s Don Beebe chasing down a hot dogging Cowboys lineman to punch it out for a fumble in the Super Bowl At the 1 yard line
4. Peyton Manning leads the Colts from down 35-14 with 3 minutes left to beat the Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38-35 on Monday Night Football

I never believe in Conspiracy Theory’s but

But the Colts got inside the 20 on five first half drives and came away with zero points.
Earl Moral threw a couple of picks in the end zone and passed up a wide open Rich Volk to throw an interception into double coverage
Colts kicker Walt Michaels missed two FGs inside the 30
Johnny U threw an Int in the end zone
The Colts owner was a powerful, shady guy from what I hear.. massively into gambling… could have easily given orders

The Colts owner was a powerful, shady guy from what I hear.. massively into gambling… could have easily given orders

Believe it or not
Colts owner once traded his team for the LA Rams

Carol Rosenbloom for Bob Irsey‘s team

Believe it or not

Colts owner once traded his team for the LA Rams

Carol Rosenbloom for Bob Irsey‘s team
Another interesting fact was that in the contract between the AFL-NFL, if there wasn’t a competitive balance within the first 3 Super Bowls, the contract would change drastically.

The league needed the Jets to win.

Forum List

Back