Greatest actors ever

When I watched the movie "Sling Blade", I didn't have a clue the mentally challenged lead character Karl was played by Billy Bob Thornton.

His performance was the epitome of world class acting. ... :thup: .. :cool:

1. John Wayne

th

2. Clint Eastwood
th

3. Arnold Schwartzeneggar
th

4. Sylvester Stallone
th

5. Jean Claude Van Damme
th

6. Harrison Ford
th

7. Sean Connery
View attachment 223390

When I think of great actors, none of those come to mind.

Great actors are people like Anthony Hopkins, Morgan Freeman, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, etc...

When I watched the movie "Sling Blade", I didn't have a clue the lead character Carl was Billy Bob Thornton.

His performance was the epitome of world class acting. ... :thup: .. :cool:

He is a very versatile actor...watch Goliath on Netflix

Very underrated

All the people you listed barely qualify as actors because they play the same character in every one of their movies. ... :cool:

And as actors they're mostly hacks anyway.

I'm not much for movies but to me a good actor is somebody who can become their part so well that I get through the whole movie without recognizing them. Only two actors have ever done that for me -- one was Dustin Hoffman and the other was Marisa Tomei.

God she was good in my cousin Vinny

I know right? Next time I saw her in some other movie she had a much softer character and without the accent, and I didn't even know it was her.

1. John Wayne

th

2. Clint Eastwood
th

3. Arnold Schwartzeneggar
th

4. Sylvester Stallone
th

5. Jean Claude Van Damme
th

6. Harrison Ford
th

7. Sean Connery
View attachment 223390

When I think of great actors, none of those come to mind.

Great actors are people like Anthony Hopkins, Morgan Freeman, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, etc...

Oh yeah! He's in Lucky Number Slevin. (Morgan Freeman)

The Duke pretty much played the Duke in every movie. I recall he played a Norwegian merchant seaman with an accent in a WW2 vintage movie "the long voyage home" and the role was laughable. I think John Wayne's best vintage roles were Sgt. Stryker in the "Sands of Iwo Jima" and "Hondo" in Hondo. His last movie wasn't bad playing an old gunfighter with cancer when he was suffering from cancer.

John Wayne was the most versatile actor ever. He played a cowboy, a soldier, a detective, an oil man, a safari hunter, a retied boxer, and many other types of character.

You actually think this shit is funny?

Fire your writers.

Go fuck yourself, Pogo.

When's the last time you saw Stephanie Powers? Think on that a minute.

Most likely before Robert Urich killed her.

James Arness

Brother of Peter Graves.

I never knew that, but Peter Graves was very good!

Stalag 17 his best, IMO

He was pretty good in Men in Black II...

he was in MIB2?

Sort of...

When Kay and Jay go to the video store run by David Cross to check out Kay's account there they discover that Kay never checked out a video but he did reserve one once. They get the video and go upstairs with Cross to watch it. Turns out the video is one of the "Unexplained Mysteries" type of things and the topic is aliens coming to earth and men in black. The host is Peter Graves.

Forum List

Back