Great Quotes

I guess you never went over analogies in High School. No biggie.

Thanks for letting me off the hook. I guess my brain was wrapping itself around the concept of the "mutually exclusive" on analogy day.

Just where were you on sarcasm day anywho?

:cool:

Last edited:
IN HIS PERSONALITY LIES EVERYMAN'S FATE — Heraclitus of Ephesus

-

I don’t know who originally said it but I like this quote:

The opposite of a pro is a con. Therefore, the opposite of progress is congress.

"Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

Ronald Reagan

well, three years after Jimmy lost his job, but who's counting :lol:

abraham-lincoln-625.jpg

“Too many people think the world owes them a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer."
Will Rogers

"A lot of so-called conservatives don't know what the word means. They think I've turned liberal because I believe a woman has a right to an abortion. That's a decision that's up to the pregnant woman, not up to the pope or some do-gooders or the Religious Right."
-- Barry Goldwater; from interview The Los Angeles Times (1994)

My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication - it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness - it is all that I have - and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well.
Franz Kafka

Forum List

Back