GREAT!: Number Of 401(K) Millionaires Hits Record...

Good news......

But having $1 million is a 401k does not buy you a guaranteed retirement
/——/ Nothing is guaranteed except taxes and death, but those who built the wealth have s better chance of keeping it,

It will get you about $25-30 k a year in retirement
Not exactly luxury

At 30K a year, you would go through about $300,000 in ten years when you hit the age of 75. In 20 years, you would only use about 600K at 30K a year. But then again you'd be 85 years old.

I'm excluding what you would also get on SS in addition to the non-stop interest you'd still be getting on the money you haven't used during those years.

I'd say he's doing pretty good.

Good news......

/——/ Nothing is guaranteed except taxes and death, but those who built the wealth have s better chance of keeping it,

Not exactly luxury

At 30K a year, you would go through about $300,000 in ten years when you hit the age of 75. In 20 years, you would only use about 600K at 30K a year. But then again you'd be 85 years old.

I'm excluding what you would also get on SS in addition to the non-stop interest you'd still be getting on the money you haven't used during those years.

You can be comfortable but you won’t have a millionaires lifestyle.

Financial advisors recommend you take out 4 percent of your 401 k each year. That would be $40,000.
But that $40k is taxable so you actually get around $25 k

Social Security may add another $30 k giving you $55 k a year retirement

See, positive things are happening in our country. I know Democrat Fake News tells its sycophants the sky is falling, but it really isn't. There's a lot of good news out there.

A record number of investors became 401(k) millionaires this spring.

At the end of the second quarter, 168,000 people with 401(k)s managed by Fidelity Investments had at least $1 million in their accounts, a rise of 50,000 people from a year earlier when there were 118,000, according to a new study by Fidelity, one of the nation's largest administrators of workplace retirement accounts. While gaining, that exclusive group of savers is still just a fraction of the 16.1 million people who have a 401(k) account managed by the fund company.

Building a million bucks-sized nest egg doesn't happen overnight and is a result of workers who invest for the long term and put a chunk of their savings into stocks.

"Individuals are increasing their savings rates, they're taking advantage of their company match and they're keeping a healthy percentage of stocks in their account,...

Number of Fidelity 401(k) millionaires hits record high
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

At 43 years old I am at around $380,000. On target for over a million when I retire.

You can’t count your chickens before they hatch…

Remember it’s all pre tax and you never know

what the libtards will do if they ever gain control….

The way they are going they will want you to share

It with a few hundred illegal criminal aliens…..

You should really be ashamed of yourself for working

hard and saving smart you racist…

Good news......

Not exactly luxury

You can be comfortable but you won’t have a millionaires lifestyle.

Financial advisors recommend you take out 4 percent of your 401 k each year. That would be $40,000.
But that $40k is taxable so you actually get around $25 k

Social Security may add another $30 k giving you $55 k a year retirement

Not too bad assuming you have everything paid for such as your mortgage and vehicles. In many cities and states across the land you can get a homestead exemption from property taxes to boot.

So 55K and all you really have to pay is your utilities, insurance and whatever secondary coverage you have for Medicare. That is of course besides food.

See, positive things are happening in our country. I know Democrat Fake News tells its sycophants the sky is falling, but it really isn't. There's a lot of good news out there.

At the end of the second quarter, 168,000 people with 401(k)s managed by Fidelity Investments had at least $1 million in their accounts, a rise of 50,000 people from a year earlier when there were 118,000, according to a new study by Fidelity, one of the nation's largest administrators of workplace retirement accounts. While gaining, that exclusive group of savers is still just a fraction of the 16.1 million people who have a 401(k) account managed by the fund company.

Building a million bucks-sized nest egg doesn't happen overnight and is a result of workers who invest for the long term and put a chunk of their savings into stocks.

"Individuals are increasing their savings rates, they're taking advantage of their company match and they're keeping a healthy percentage of stocks in their account,...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

At 43 years old I am at around $380,000. On target for over a million when I retire.
You will have over a million, maybe $1.2 million in 20 years....

you will have $1 million in 20 years earning 5% interest

IF YOU ADD NOTHING YEARLY to it....

so if you continue to add to your 401k for the next 20 years as well, you will more than a million!

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

so if you continue to add to your 401k for the next 20 years as well, you will more than a million!

That all depends on the economy and investments. Within 20 years, we will see a downfall of stocks, bonds, real estate and commodities. It's all just a matter of timing.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Good on ya. :thup:

Best advice I got from my Grandfather was to start putting money into it as soon as I was hired full time. Never less than 10% if you can help it, and never ever less than the amount required for a company match.

Good news......

True, people are living a lot longer today, but it’s better than just relying on Social Security, which by the time I retire probably won’t even exist

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Hough Hewitt had a discussion on the radio about six months ago about withdrawing some of your IRA. He suggested that the government should allow us a one-time withdrawal of our retirement money with a small tax if we used that money specifically for a home purchase or to repay a mortgage. The max would be 20% of whatever you have in there today. He had this discussion with a Congressman (I forget who now) that said he may just introduce that suggestion to Congress. I haven't heard anything since then.

Boy would I love for them to push that idea through, and I think so would millions of other Americans.

I've taken out several 401k loans to pay off debts, never more than 10% of my fund, and always try to time it to market peaks (so when i buy the shares back they cost less than I sell them)

Loans are better than withdrawing the $$ in the long run.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The interesting part coming up in say 5 or 8 years or so is when i start having to move some of the $$ from higher risk funds to more stable ones.

Up until now I've been 90% stocks 7% bonds, 3% money market about.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

That all depends on the economy and investments. Within 20 years, we will see a downfall of stocks, bonds, real estate and commodities. It's all just a matter of timing.

If the economy collapses that bad my 401k will be the least of my worries. The main one will be how do I run my Mongol Horde and pillage Long Island.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

They are invested in the stock market which has been fed by loose monetary policy utilized by the Federal Reserve. Politics had little to do with it.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

If the economy collapses that bad my 401k will be the least of my worries. The main one will be how do I run my Mongol Horde and pillage Long Island.

It always comes back so that shouldn't be too much of a worry.

My employer puts our funds into an account run by a reputable financial firm. When trouble arose, they kept taking the contributions, but sat on them. When things started to bounce back up, they dumped that money back into the market. It was like getting a three for one sale.

Like you, I also have other investments. By the time I retire, my rental property will be paid off and I can have a secondary income from rental income provided I can still do this kind of work as I get older.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Hough Hewitt had a discussion on the radio about six months ago about withdrawing some of your IRA. He suggested that the government should allow us a one-time withdrawal of our retirement money with a small tax if we used that money specifically for a home purchase or to repay a mortgage. The max would be 20% of whatever you have in there today. He had this discussion with a Congressman (I forget who now) that said he may just introduce that suggestion to Congress. I haven't heard anything since then.

Boy would I love for them to push that idea through, and I think so would millions of other Americans.

I've taken out several 401k loans to pay off debts, never more than 10% of my fund, and always try to time it to market peaks (so when i buy the shares back they cost less than I sell them)

Loans are better than withdrawing the $$ in the long run.

Correct, in it's current form. But what Hewitt was talking about was a once in a lifetime deal to avoid paying those high costs of taxes and penalties. He suggested maybe a 4% tax or something like that. The money you could save on mortgage interest would be ten times the savings as what you could gain by keeping that money in there. Then instead of making mortgage payments, you could invest that money every month back to your retirement account.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Good on ya. :thup:

Best advice I got from my Grandfather was to start putting money into it as soon as I was hired full time. Never less than 10% if you can help it, and never ever less than the amount required for a company match.

I make that suggesting to parents who are expecting a child. I urge them to open up a college fund for their child before he or she is even born. Kids in the future are going to need a head start once they become an adult.

Forum List

Back