GREAT AGAIN: New Life For Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
We know bringing quality jobs back to American Citizens doesn't excite Democrats. It's all about placating Non-Citizens for them now. But for most others, this is great news.

Go Trump!

Ever since the layoffs a few years ago, many residents here had wondered when the local steel plant would again fire up its furnaces—or close forever.

Not only were hundreds of steelworkers left jobless when United States Steel Corp. X -1.49% scaled down its operations in Granite City, Ill., in 2015, but lunch deliveries to the plant vanished for a local diner while a shoe store’s work-boot sales plummeted. At least 26 businesses closed within a year, according to an area chamber of commerce.

“We were in a deep state of depression here, and not sure if it would ever open again,” said Mayor Ed Hagnauer, who was first elected in 2005.

Suddenly things are looking up for Granite City, an industrial town with a population of about 30,000 across the Mississippi River from St. Louis...

Read More:
New Life for Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town, Workforce
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

We know bringing quality jobs back to American Citizens doesn't excite Democrats. It's all about placating Non-Citizens for them now. But for most others, this is great news.

Go Trump!

Ever since the layoffs a few years ago, many residents here had wondered when the local steel plant would again fire up its furnaces—or close forever.

Not only were hundreds of steelworkers left jobless when United States Steel Corp. X -1.49% scaled down its operations in Granite City, Ill., in 2015, but lunch deliveries to the plant vanished for a local diner while a shoe store’s work-boot sales plummeted. At least 26 businesses closed within a year, according to an area chamber of commerce.

“We were in a deep state of depression here, and not sure if it would ever open again,” said Mayor Ed Hagnauer, who was first elected in 2005.

Suddenly things are looking up for Granite City, an industrial town with a population of about 30,000 across the Mississippi River from St. Louis...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

I live a stones throw from Granite City, trust me it will take more than 500 folks going back to work for a little while to bring it back to life.

But what about Obama’s Tax Plan that never got passed by the mean old GOP?

But what about Dope and Change?

What about Obama’s war on coal and war on dirty ole steel plants?

Why abandon such successful policies for these “Trump Scams”?

Hopefully this is just the beginning....

Amen. It's about time this country started fighting for American Workers again. The Globalists have decimated quality American Jobs for years. It's time to turn things around.

Go Trump!

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

I live a stones throw from Granite City, trust me it will take more than 500 folks going back to work for a little while to bring it back to life.

True, but it's a start.

Amen. It's about time this country started fighting for American Workers again. The Globalists have decimated quality American Jobs for years. It's time to turn things around.

I watched Wilbur Ross on tv last week and he said more is coming....most likely taxes on cars bring imported is one

I watched Wilbur Ross on tv last week and he said more is coming....most likely taxes on cars bring imported is one

It's unbelievably refreshing having a US President daring to look out for American Workers. We haven't seen that in so many years. The Globalists in both Parties have decimated quality American Jobs. It's time to help our own again. Go Trump!

Go Trump!

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

True, but it's a start.

It is that. Granite City used to be the envy of the location, their high school had all the best equipment and teams and the city was thriving. But that was 30 years ago and it has been slowly dying since then. I hate to be the anti-union guy but the steel workers unions killed the city as much as anything else. They priced themselves out of jobs.

At least he's trying to bring quality American Jobs back to our country.

To what detriment?

Why steel tariffs failed when Bush was president
/----/ SO WHAT DO WE DO, JUST SIT BACK AS THESE COUNTRIES DUMP SUBSIDIZED STEEL IN THE US?

Instead of going backwards, how about we try adapting our work force to new industries?

This should be the GOP theme song...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

At least he's trying to bring quality American Jobs back to our country.

To what detriment?

Why steel tariffs failed when Bush was president
/----/ SO WHAT DO WE DO, JUST SIT BACK AS THESE COUNTRIES DUMP SUBSIDIZED STEEL IN THE US?

Instead of going backwards, how about we try adapting our work force to new industries?

This should be the GOP theme song...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

/---- Why is it going backwards if other countries are doing it? We owned the market after WWII and shot ourselves in the foot with over regulations and high taxes.

25 million alone in salaries alone before people start buying things
Win win
Libs want more food stamps for illegals-lose lose

Forum List

Back