GREAT AGAIN: 90% Of Workers Likely To See More Money In Paycheck -- Next Month!...

And it only cost a mere 1.5 trillion (at minimum) dollars for people to get a couple sawbucks more in the check. I am sure our grandchildren will not mind footing that bill for that.

Trigger alert: Facts are on the way.

FACT: A middle-income family with two kids making $100K per year, with both parents working, will see their take-home pay rise by at least $150 per month. An extra $150 is real money for most middle-class families.

FACT: Major tax cuts have always been followed by sizable increases in federal revenue.

The Facts About Tax Cuts, Revenue, and Growth
First, were Obama's policies worth adding 9 trillion to the national debt?

Nope, they sure were not.

Second, do you know the difference between debt and deficit?

Yes, I do know the difference, do you? The tax bill is expected to add 1.5 trillion to the DEFICIT over the next 10 years, at a minimum.

CBO: Senate tax bill increases deficit by $1.4 trillion

third, to most working families $40/week is a very welcome increase.

The problem is that the families to which 40 a week would be welcome are not getting that much. Do you understand how averages work?

LOL, try again. Deficit is annual, not "over 10 years". The debt goes up each year by the amount of the annual deficit. It goes down if there is ever a annual surplus (Newt and Bubba Clinton actually had a surplus).

Yes, I do know the difference, do you? The tax bill is expected to add 1.5 trillion to the DEFICIT over the next 10 years, at a minimum.

The problem is that the families to which 40 a week would be welcome are not getting that much. Do you understand how averages work?

LOL, try again. Deficit is annual, not "over 10 years". The debt goes up each year by the amount of the annual deficit. It goes down if there is ever a annual surplus (Newt and Bubba Clinton actually had a surplus).

You are not really a very smart person are you?

Maybe if I copy and paste it for you that will help...

The Senate GOP tax plan will increase the deficit by more than $1.4 trillion over a decade, according to a new analysis by the Congressional Budget Office

OK, can you divide 1.4 T by 10? do that and you will have the annual deficit.

And it only cost a mere 1.5 trillion (at minimum) dollars for people to get a couple sawbucks more in the check. I am sure our grandchildren will not mind footing that bill for that.

FACT: A middle-income family with two kids making $100K per year, with both parents working, will see their take-home pay rise by at least $150 per month. An extra $150 is real money for most middle-class families.

FACT: Major tax cuts have always been followed by sizable increases in federal revenue.

You link to your own debunked blog to support the false notion that tax cuts pay for themselves.

Revenues rise because every time Republicans cut taxes, they go on a spending spree doubling and tripling the deficit. What increases in revenue there are come from the increased federal spending, not the tax cuts.

Even Reagan’s economic advisors have admitted this.
under reagan didn't our debt triple and under gwb ,double ? where were all repub deficit hawks then? Fiscal conservatives ??? BAH HUMBUG

DJT’s spending has cycled back to the people contributing.
Yes, the 1%. Unless you’re going to try to convince me that the extra 14.32 in my check accounts for all of Trump’s spending.

The Senate GOP tax plan will increase the deficit by more than $1.4 trillion over a decade, according to a new analysis by the Congressional Budget Office

Just admit you were wrong about debt vs deficit and move on.

This is sort of pathetic

You link to your own debunked blog to support the false notion that tax cuts pay for themselves.

Revenues rise because every time Republicans cut taxes, they go on a spending spree doubling and tripling the deficit. What increases in revenue there are come from the increased federal spending, not the tax cuts.

under reagan didn't our debt triple and under gwb ,double ? where were all repub deficit hawks then? Fiscal conservatives ??? BAH HUMBUG

Obama added 9 trillion to the debt. How many dollars did Reagan and Bush add?

Look at the actual dollars, fool.

This is sort of pathetic

yes, your lack of understanding and continued refusal to understand the difference between annual deficit and national debt is quite pathetic. But you are a lib, so that's expected.

The dollar changes in value over time and then there is the added cost of the interest on the debt from the people that came before.

Percent change is the only accurate way to look at it. But I get that doing so tarnishes the image of the saint of all Conservatives, and that will never be allowed by the party zealots.

Walmart announced those raises two years ago to counter the bad publicity they were receiving for having so many front line staff on assistance. Their raises had nothing to do with Trump or the tax cuts.

the bonuses were the direct result of the lower corporate tax rates. Now, those bonuses will be taxed, they will be spent. That money will increase the GDP and government revenues by more than the corporate tax cuts. Watch the market this year, watch your 401K. But even as you get richer you will still be a far left dem zealot. Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.
red hope you're around in years to come when the payments for this are due

Who do you think is going to pay the 9 trillion the Obama added to our debt? When your Kenyan messiah took office our debt was around 10 T, when he left it was 19T, and you libs now whine about increasing the debt?????????? fricken hypocrites.

Are they any more hypocritical than you Trump zealots that whined about the debt for 8 years now not giving a shit about it at all?

I have consistently said that we should not engage in deficit spending and should have a balanced budget amendment. The deficit projections from the tax cuts are studies done by left wing think tanks. No one knows exactly what the affect will be. If the economy booms as many predict. a budget surplus is possible. If Trump continues to cut unnecessary federal spending, it could happen, and that would be terrible for the dem party, that's why they continue the "sky is falling" rhetoric.
yeah red repubs are already talking about cutting CITIZENS protections like SS ,Medi care and MediCade Why cut our booming defense business ?

This is sort of pathetic

yes, your lack of understanding and continued refusal to understand the difference between annual deficit and national debt is quite pathetic. But you are a lib, so that's expected.

Lets see, who understands it better, the CBO or some guy working at Wendy's posting on an internet forum? I think I will go with the CBO and just have you bring me my Frosty now.

Walmart announced those raises two years ago to counter the bad publicity they were receiving for having so many front line staff on assistance. Their raises had nothing to do with Trump or the tax cuts.

the bonuses were the direct result of the lower corporate tax rates. Now, those bonuses will be taxed, they will be spent. That money will increase the GDP and government revenues by more than the corporate tax cuts. Watch the market this year, watch your 401K. But even as you get richer you will still be a far left dem zealot. Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.

Who do you think is going to pay the 9 trillion the Obama added to our debt? When your Kenyan messiah took office our debt was around 10 T, when he left it was 19T, and you libs now whine about increasing the debt?????????? fricken hypocrites.

Are they any more hypocritical than you Trump zealots that whined about the debt for 8 years now not giving a shit about it at all?

I have consistently said that we should not engage in deficit spending and should have a balanced budget amendment. The deficit projections from the tax cuts are studies done by left wing think tanks. No one knows exactly what the affect will be. If the economy booms as many predict. a budget surplus is possible. If Trump continues to cut unnecessary federal spending, it could happen, and that would be terrible for the dem party, that's why they continue the "sky is falling" rhetoric.

Nobody is predicting the economy will boom because the key factor needed for that to happen is unchanged: working and middle class income is not rising. There’s a lot of pent up demand in that sector but no raises in spending power over the last 30 years have destroyed working class savings and eroded middle class equity and wealth.

The middle class was saved by the strength of Obama’s stock market but the lack of wages was just starting to be addressed by falling unemployment when Trump was elected.

This tax cut will not boost consumer spending. It will have the opposite effect. If the middle class Redfish spoke of gets a $150 a month more, that’s less than $40 a week. They can no longer deduct their state taxes or their property taxes. How much of that $40 a week do they keep?

but you didn't answer red ,,where were you then? reagan ,gwb didn't have to deal with the aftermath of our great recession

The dollar changes in value over time and then there is the added cost of the interest on the debt from the people that came before.

Percent change is the only accurate way to look at it. But I get that doing so tarnishes the image of the saint of all Conservatives, and that will never be allowed by the party zealots.

Ok, do the added debt comparisons adjusted for inflation, interest, etc. Normalize all of them to any base year. No matter how you calculate it, Obama added more to our debt than any other president in history.

So, lets say that McKinley took office with $2000 national debt, it was $4000 when he left, he doubled it, right? Now it was 10 Trillion when Obama took office and 19 trillion when he left. so he did not quite double it. So in your small mind McKinley and Obama equally added to the debt?????? Don't be so stupid, you are embarrassing yourself.

Nobody is predicting the economy will boom because the key factor needed for that to happen is unchanged: working and middle class income is not rising. There’s a lot of pent up demand in that sector but no raises in spending power over the last 30 years have destroyed working class savings and eroded middle class equity and wealth.

The middle class was saved by the strength of Obama’s stock market but the lack of wages was just starting to be addressed by falling unemployment when Trump was elected.

This tax cut will not boost consumer spending. It will have the opposite effect. If the middle class Redfish spoke of gets a $150 a month more, that’s less than $40 a week. They can no longer deduct their state taxes or their property taxes. How much of that $40 a week do they keep?

state taxes and property taxes are still deductible. There is just a maximum that you can take. That will only affect rich people in places like NY, Mass, NJ, and Cal.

Where did you get the lie that state and property taxes are no longer deductible?

Ok, do the added debt comparisons adjusted for inflation, interest, etc. Normalize all of them to any base year. No matter how you calculate it, Obama added more to our debt than any other president in history.

So, lets say that McKinley took office with $2000 national debt, it was $4000 when he left, he doubled it, right? Now it was 10 Trillion when Obama took office and 19 trillion when he left. so he did not quite double it. So in your small mind McKinley and Obama equally added to the debt?????? Don't be so stupid, you are embarrassing yourself.
what was our population under McKinley and now ?? Think that MIGHT have had some affect?

but you didn't answer red ,,where were you then? reagan ,gwb didn't have to deal with the aftermath of our great recession

LOL another fantasy of the left, the "great recession" of 2008. Where was I? right here, and I was buying into the market when everyone else was selling, I made a ton of money in the "great recession".

what was our population under McKinley and now ?? Think that MIGHT have had some affect?

Don’t waste your time, a party zealot can never be allowed to say an ill word about Reagan

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

state taxes and property taxes are still deductible. There is just a maximum that you can take. That will only affect rich people in places like NY, Mass, NJ, and Cal.

Where did you get the lie that state and property taxes are no longer deductible?
yeah just blue states and you wonder why I call most ,repubs scum? and if I'm not in error you get a 10k deduction you can use for EITHER property taxes or state taxes

doesn't really matter. gator golfer was trying to make an invalid comparison, my McKinley example was just to prove how wrong he was.

yeah just blue states and you wonder why I call most ,repubs scum? and if I'm not in error you get a 10k deduction you can use for EITHER property taxes or state taxes

there are a lot or rich republicans in those states, as well as rich democrats. You know, those evil rich people that you libs are supposed to hate. I thought your goal was to bring the rich to their knees and make them pay their "fair share". Or is it only rich republicans that you want to punish? the hypocrisy of the left is really on display this morning.

doesn't really matter. gator golfer was trying to make an invalid comparison, my McKinley example was just to prove how wrong he was.

Forum List

Back