Big Changes to 401(k) Retirement Plans Move Ahead in Congress

You have no idea how much you will will be forced to withdraw until the day you do it.

Well sure, I guess it is always possible the forced withdraw amount could go up 10 fold from where it is today, but that does not seem very likely. I am willing to roll the dice on that not happening to limit my tax liability a bit more right now.

If I had a qualified retirement account instead of Roth accounts I would be in a higher tax bracket than I ever was before because I used to have lots of deductions now I have none.

Right now we have basically no deductions outside of what I put in to my 401k

While I thank you for your advice I am good with our plan that we have worked out with a professional

Well sure, I guess it is always possible the forced withdraw amount could go up 10 fold from where it is today, but that does not seem very likely. I am willing to roll the dice on that not happening to limit my tax liability a bit more right now.

Right now we have basically no deductions outside of what I put in to my 401k

While I thank you for your advice I am good with our plan that we have worked out with a professional

And you think I don't work with a professional?

And you think I don't work with a professional?

I am sure you do.

And I also believe you are smart enough to know that your situation could be different than mine right now.

There is no one size fits all when it comes to such things.

I am sure you do.

And I also believe you are smart enough to know that your situation could be different than mine right now.

There is no one size fits all when it comes to such things.
When it comes to how much you will pay in taxes it really isn't.

There is no benefit in paying regular income taxes on the gains in your retirement portfolio.

When it comes to how much you will pay in taxes it really isn't.

When it comes to how much I am paying vs what I will pay then is different.

How can you not see that?

There is no benefit in paying regular income taxes on the gains in your retirement portfolio.

There is a benefit to paying less taxes right now. This is the part you just continue to ignore

When it comes to how much I am paying vs what I will pay then is different.

How can you not see that?

There is a benefit to paying less taxes right now. This is the part you just continue to ignore
No there isn't because now you have to pay tax on ALL the growth so the math never works out. You will pay far more taxes in the future than you "save" in taxes now

Having 100% of all your retirement account withdrawals be tax free instead of losing any percentage to taxes always the best choice.

No there isn't because now you have to pay tax on ALL the growth so the math never works out. You will pay far more taxes in the future than you "save" in taxes now

Having 100% of all your retirement account withdrawals be tax free instead of losing any percentage to taxes always the best choice.

Have a great day.

Forum List

Back