Grayson Bills Taxpayers for Self Promoting DVD

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Alan Grayson is a douche, milking taxpayers to promote his own reelection. What a surprise. He's another one who will be going down in flames in November.

WASHINGTON — If U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson were a rock star, his latest PR blitz — a DVD sent to tens of thousands of Central Florida residents — would be called Grayson's Greatest Hits.

The 90-minute disc features video highlights from his first term in office, including one of him grilling Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and another in which the Orlando Democrat preaches on the need to teach schoolchildren about the U.S. Constitution.

The DVD comes wrapped inside a mailer covered with promotional slogans: "Congressman Alan Grayson, Hard at Work for You," "He works hard. He pays attention. He gets things done," and "Video DVD Inside: Watch Congressman Grayson in Action!"

In many ways, it's the perfect campaign video — with one key difference.

Thanks to perks given to all members of Congress, it's not Grayson's campaign but taxpayers who footed the nearly $73,000 bill to produce and mail the DVD to 100,000 homes in Grayson's district of Lake, Marion, Orange and Osceola counties.

Alan Grayson DVD: Freshman congressman uses taxpayer-paid DVD to promote himself - OrlandoSentinel.com

This is the worst case of franking abuse I have ever heard of. Back before the 94 elections Franking abuse was a huge problem, but there was a lot less of it for a long time.

I am surprised this thing would have been sent out.

I am sure this will back fire on him badly. I think most folks dislike this kind of thing.

This is the worst case of franking abuse I have ever heard of. Back before the 94 elections Franking abuse was a huge problem, but there was a lot less of it for a long time.

I am surprised this thing would have been sent out.

I am sure this will back fire on him badly. I think most folks dislike this kind of thing.

Grayson knows his district. He just took liberalism a-la Ric Keller to the next level.

So he's corrupt. There's a shocker.

Wouldn't it be nice if one politician was honest and not corrupt?

I'm guessing the Orlando Sentinel is backing his Republican challenger.

Because they reported an unethical use of taxpayer dollars? I thought that's what the media was supposed to do.

If you read the Sentinel opinion pages, the only difference between Alan Grayson and Chris Dorworth is a few million dollars.

Funny how Grayson gets a pass and Dorworth is excoriated for having a bad business model. Maybe he should have lobbied for a bailout, like GM.

Forum List

Back