Gravity

For me it is similar with Interstellar. These films are of the same level of thinking - to not think at all. Only watch on beautiful picture and relax. No ideas, no feelings, nothing. Also, I think there are very few films of Hollywood that deserve a good mark (meaning a new ideas or a new glance on the fundamentals of people's beings), could anyone advice some?

For me it is similar with Interstellar. These films are of the same level of thinking - to not think at all. Only watch on beautiful picture and relax. No ideas, no feelings, nothing. Also, I think there are very few films of Hollywood that deserve a good mark (meaning a new ideas or a new glance on the fundamentals of people's beings), could anyone advice some?

I'm hoping Interstellar is better than that. Gravity - the one good line and the basic truth of the movie is that you can't beat the view. Other than that, it was pretty poor. I watched it again but it didn't get any better. I'm a sucker for special effects and that's really all Gravity has going for it.

12 years a slave was good but could have been much better. The book is well worth reading and then reading again.

Check out the recent 'A Most Wanted Man' based on a John le Carre novel (he was an advisor to the movie too) with Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Is out on DVD.

12 years a slave was good but could have been much better. The book is well worth reading and then reading again.
"12 Years a Slave" is an average film. I mean, before watching one can understand that the mail scope is that slavery is bad thing, and maybe there will be a hero who suffers from it. And that's it.

Check out the recent 'A Most Wanted Man' based on a John le Carre novel (he was an advisor to the movie too) with Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Is out on DVD.
Thank for your advice. I'll try to find it.

I watched this the other day and didn't like it at all. Definitely didn't see what the hype was about.

Yeah, same here.

Sometimes I suspect a movie is given buzz by "the industry" for reasons other than its actual merits. The right star is in it, some internal political matter, who knows. It's almost as if you're supposed to like it whether you do or you don't.

For me it is similar with Interstellar. These films are of the same level of thinking - to not think at all. Only watch on beautiful picture and relax. No ideas, no feelings, nothing.
I think, it is necessary to see these films simply as 3D attractions.

Forum List

Back