Granny was a groomer.......................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I put this in Reviews because it's about an old movie called "Gigi", from the late 50's.

A young girl is friends with a playboy, and her grandmother keeps coaching her as to how a mistress is supposed to behave. When she starts to have feelings for the playboy, it gets pretty strange from there.

One of the songs that I thought was a bit odd was "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" at the beginning, and the whole movie would probably be banned in today's society for the way it handles various issues. To tell you the truth, it kinda sounded to me like it was written by pedophiles.

Has anyone else seen this flick?

long time ago.
Loved, (still love) Leslie Caron.

I remember it well

I put this in Reviews because it's about an old movie called "Gigi", from the late 50's.

A young girl is friends with a playboy, and her grandmother keeps coaching her as to how a mistress is supposed to behave. When she starts to have feelings for the playboy, it gets pretty strange from there.

One of the songs that I thought was a bit odd was "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" at the beginning, and the whole movie would probably be banned in today's society for the way it handles various issues. To tell you the truth, it kinda sounded to me like it was written by pedophiles.

I was in the play. You're taking it too seriously.

First full movie I remember seeing in a theatre. Every Saturday, we would walk to town, and for 30 cents we could get a cold drink, popcorn, and watch 2 or 3 western serials. Occasionally, they would show a full movie as well.

I saw it when it originally came out.
You did not understand the entire premise of the movie.

Mom and Grandma, and probably their mothers and grandmothers are from a long line of professional mistresses. They are raised to see to the needs of very rich men. The somewhat risqué song Thank Heaven For Little Girls is a remembrance of Maurice Chevalier when he had his own mistress, and was young. We learn that mistress was Gigi's grandmother. They remember if we'll.

In a shocking rebellion of convention, Gigi drags the family reputation through the mud by insisting that the man bargaining for her as a mistress marry her. He shows his disrespect for her entire family and lineage by agreeing to the marriage.

I was in the play. You're taking it too seriously.

Was this you in the lead?

1661808262573.png

A "groomer" is a term for homosexuals who are involved mostly in schools with training kids without parental permission to the homosexual lifestyle. In extreme cases the groomers administer life changing drugs to innocent kids without parental consent. In a stretch the movie "Gigi" might have pedophile connotations but it doesn't begin to enter the degenerate world of homosexual groomers.

Your comments reflect so well the changes in American society over the last 60 years. At that time, the song was the reflections of a grandfatherly old man thinking of how adorably little girls will grownup to be the glamourous women of Paris he so admires. Today it is seen as a song about pedophilia. In 1960, that would not even occur to most movie goers. In fact, most movie goers ignored the fact that Gigi is the story of a young girl being raised to be a prostitute.

Gigi was loved by audience around the world. Gigi won 9 academy awards breaking the record held previously by Gone with the wind. Gig was never one my favorite musicals but I really like some of the songs, including "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" and "I "Remember It Well"

Last edited:
Gigi was a novella written in 1944 and turned into a Musical in 1958. In those days, few people even knew what the word pedophilia meant. In a family you might hear, "Uncle Charlie always had an eye for the young ones". And when Uncle Charlies actual got caught doing something it would likely be covered. up.

I think a lot this was do to the fact that affairs between older men and very young girls was not condemned the way it is today. One of the reason is child marriages were legal in many places particular in the deep south. In Alabama in the 40's 14 year year old girls were legally married to men that could be their grandfather. And that didn't change until 2003. In poor rural areas, it was not uncommon when girls showed the first signs of puberty, parents would start looking for a suitable bridegroom and it likely would not be the kid next door. If the girl was well developed at 12 or 13, the law would not be a problem.

In the 50's American's view of sex started to change but on America's favorite TV show, Ozzie and Harriet, they managed to have two 2 kids just by sharing a kiss when Ozzie came home from work. Sex education in schools was in biology class where sex between mammals was discussed but never between humans. In the movies, prostitutes' were mistresses. Adults having sex was a man and woman waking into a dark room, kissing and shutting the door. Babies came from hospitals and a bare breast was considered indecent.

The way Gigi was done, it was seen as a charming, funny movie because it was made into a fantasy like most movies in those days that involve anything about sex. Today it would not be a musical but a grimly story of older adults raising a child to enter a life of prostitution. and it would have an NC-17 rating.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back