Granny Has Surfaced ... Again

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Yep - haven't been on the Board for a good while - "Hi" to friends and enemies both ... and Happy New Year to all.

I actually had to look up my password so I could sign in. LOL. Let's see - what have I been up to? I have been caught up in a stupid computer game that I have played mindlessly for the last couple months. I turned age 68 and a bottle of hair color is still my BFF. :D Went home to Richmond in the fall then turned around and went back for Christmas. In other words ... I haven't been doing a hell of a lot.

I recovered some of my retirement that got caught up in a Ponzi scheme ... at least it was not ALL my retirement. I was actually surprised to get any money back. One of the guys either was killed or committed suicide - I don't think that was ever resolved; the other guy got about 10 or so years in federal prison and I think he still has to make restitution and pay fines. All the assets of both of them that could be taken was confiscated by the feds and used to pay back the "investors" losses.

It's been an odd year. I am probably one of the most forgettable people on the planet and yet after all these years it seems people are looking for me. I don't get on Facebook very often, but I got a message from someone I didn't know so I ignored it for months and then I finally opened the thing before dumping it ... and this woman was posting me that a friend of hers had asked her to look me up on Facebook. Turned out she was one of my best friends in HS - so we have exchanged phone calls and actually got together this past summer when she was out here in TN. Several months later a kid who had lived in the apartment across from ours had looked me up. He was in HS with my kids. Strange. Then a few months later two of my very best HS friends contacted me through Facebook - they had been bridesmaids in my wedding. About a month ago I had another message from somebody I didn't know but I went ahead and opened the thing. Jesus - that message blew my mind. One of her co-workers asked her to see if I was on Facebook and if so to have me call. OMG - it was my old HS flame!! Yes, I called! I would know that face and that voice anywhere. Hell, I still remember his military ID number and he went into the military back in the '60s!! Anyway, we've been on the phone daily for the last couple months and I saw him briefly when I was in Richmond at Christmas. Apparently neither of us had forgotten each other but wondered now and again what the other was doing, etc. Anyway, we have the same effect on each other now that we had way back then. I'm so freaking in love that I'm absolutely pathetic ... pathetic. But my friends out here have been getting a lot of mileage out of this new-found love of mine. I KNOW that my mother is absolutely spinning in her grave - and I say, "Let her spin."

Anyway, I'll try to stay on the board a little more regularly than I have been. I know I'll have to do a lot of "catch-up" reading and posting - and getting to know all the new people.

Hi Granny!! What a sweet and inspirational love story.
hearts-031.gif

Thank you all for your responses!!

Alan - you haven't posted in a coon's age!! Good to see you again! Hope all is well with you.

Granny:

Uncle Ferd bought ya a new snow shovel fer this winter...

... its one o' dem ergonomic ones...

... so's ya won't hurt yer back...

... when ya shovel the snow off the driveway an' sidewalk.
:D

Granny:

Uncle Ferd bought ya a new snow shovel fer this winter...

... its one o' dem ergonomic ones...

... so's ya won't hurt yer back...

... when ya shovel the snow off the driveway an' sidewalk.
:D
Hiya, Waltky....howya doin'?

:cool:

Yep - haven't been on the Board for a good while - "Hi" to friends and enemies both ... and Happy New Year to all.

I actually had to look up my password so I could sign in. LOL. Let's see - what have I been up to? I have been caught up in a stupid computer game that I have played mindlessly for the last couple months. I turned age 68 and a bottle of hair color is still my BFF. :D Went home to Richmond in the fall then turned around and went back for Christmas. In other words ... I haven't been doing a hell of a lot.

I recovered some of my retirement that got caught up in a Ponzi scheme ... at least it was not ALL my retirement. I was actually surprised to get any money back. One of the guys either was killed or committed suicide - I don't think that was ever resolved; the other guy got about 10 or so years in federal prison and I think he still has to make restitution and pay fines. All the assets of both of them that could be taken was confiscated by the feds and used to pay back the "investors" losses.

It's been an odd year. I am probably one of the most forgettable people on the planet and yet after all these years it seems people are looking for me. I don't get on Facebook very often, but I got a message from someone I didn't know so I ignored it for months and then I finally opened the thing before dumping it ... and this woman was posting me that a friend of hers had asked her to look me up on Facebook. Turned out she was one of my best friends in HS - so we have exchanged phone calls and actually got together this past summer when she was out here in TN. Several months later a kid who had lived in the apartment across from ours had looked me up. He was in HS with my kids. Strange. Then a few months later two of my very best HS friends contacted me through Facebook - they had been bridesmaids in my wedding. About a month ago I had another message from somebody I didn't know but I went ahead and opened the thing. Jesus - that message blew my mind. One of her co-workers asked her to see if I was on Facebook and if so to have me call. OMG - it was my old HS flame!! Yes, I called! I would know that face and that voice anywhere. Hell, I still remember his military ID number and he went into the military back in the '60s!! Anyway, we've been on the phone daily for the last couple months and I saw him briefly when I was in Richmond at Christmas. Apparently neither of us had forgotten each other but wondered now and again what the other was doing, etc. Anyway, we have the same effect on each other now that we had way back then. I'm so freaking in love that I'm absolutely pathetic ... pathetic. But my friends out here have been getting a lot of mileage out of this new-found love of mine. I KNOW that my mother is absolutely spinning in her grave - and I say, "Let her spin."

Anyway, I'll try to stay on the board a little more regularly than I have been. I know I'll have to do a lot of "catch-up" reading and posting - and getting to know all the new people.

Wow! What a GREAT Story Granny! I love that you reconnected with your old love,,,,and that you're in LOVE! How exciting and great for you!

Welcome back hon, and keeps us updated on your budding romance! :D

Forum List

Back