Grade A Derp from Townhall: Obama's Ex Girlfriend

Personally, I stay in regular contact with exactly two of my high school friends. I must be hiding something.

Oddly enough, that's not the main thrust of the arguments being made, merely a side point.
Were you to run for president do you think the media might find more than just those two friends? Or might they interview others from your high school, college and military past?
Just wondering.

Actually, the honest question is......
Where are his high school and college friends/buddies/associates? And how come nobody has heard of them?

I'm about the same age as Mr Obama. Were I to run for president, there is no doubt in my mind that some of my acquaintances from high school and college (probably some from my time in the military service) would appear in front of the press. Some would have good things to say about me, and I'm sure some would have bad things to say about me. But, the point is, they would be found and the press would interview them and it would give some incite as to what I was like in my early formative years.

I just find it hard to believe that Mr Obama attended high school and college in a vacuum. As a person, I am sure he is a likable guy and made friends during those years.

Why the Hell do I want to sit around listening to some nobody bragging about how they sat next to little Barry in second grade? Do you want to hear it? You want to know why these things to come up? Because nobody cares enough to make it worth it for the national media to make a profit off of the story. The truth is that these stories to come up, but they do so at the local media levels, because that's the only way that gains any interest. I remember a couple years ago there was a newspaper story about someone who met Obama a couple times when they were kids. He didn't really know him well. In fact, he barely remembered him when Obama came out on the national stage, until another childhood aquaintance showed a picture all three of them were in.
You didn't pay attention to the point of the post (see part in red).
I find it difficult to take you seriously when you attempt marginalization by ignoring the context.

I find it beyond bizarre that they needed to "scrub" so much.

Personally, I stay in regular contact with exactly two of my high school friends. I must be hiding something.

Oddly enough, that's not the main thrust of the arguments being made, merely a side point.
Were you to run for president do you think the media might find more than just those two friends? Or might they interview others from your high school, college and military past?
Just wondering.

The media did interview people from Obama's past.

Just wondering.

Whilst Andy Sullivan can muse Palin having her daughters baby and still be considered a decent journalist.

Sheesh its beyond.

Then you need to keep looking, scratch that...START looking (let's face it you haven't looked), because that's not all the information out there.

I've looked.
I've read both his books.
Unfortunately, I can't possibly read everything about him, everything that has been reported.

Frankly, I don't believe you.

What part do you not believe?
That I've looked?
That I've read his books?
That I can't possibly read everything reported about him?

I'm sure all three apply to you as well. you've looked, you've read his books, you can't possibly have read everything reported about him.
Just because I disagree with his politics doesn't make me deaf, dumb and blind any more than it does you for holding an opposing position.

I've looked.
I've read both his books.
Unfortunately, I can't possibly read everything about him, everything that has been reported.

That I've looked?

I'm sure all three apply to you as well. you've looked, you've read his books, you can't possibly have read everything reported about him.
Just because I disagree with his politics doesn't make me deaf, dumb and blind any more than it does you for holding an opposing position.

That you have looked and read his books, otherwise you wouldn't have said this:

Where are his high school and college friends/buddies/associates? And how come nobody has heard of them?

I'm about the same age as Mr Obama. Were I to run for president, there is no doubt in my mind that some of my acquaintances from high school and college (probably some from my time in the military service) would appear in front of the press. Some would have good things to say about me, and I'm sure some would have bad things to say about me. But, the point is, they would be found and the press would interview them and it would give some incite as to what I was like in my early formative years.

I just find it hard to believe that Mr Obama attended high school and college in a vacuum.

Just wondering.

A half a dozen over 8+ years of high school and college. That's the point.
Did you make more or less friends than half a dozen in your years of high school and college combined? (your name of Article 15 indicates a military background so maybe there is military acquaintances instead of college ones, different background, same sort of history).

Just wondering.

Did you make more or less friends than half a dozen in your years of high school and college combined? (your name of Article 15 indicates a military background so maybe there is military acquaintances instead of college ones, different background, same sort of history).

That you are going with "half dozen" over 8+ years of high school and college based on one thing dean posted tells me all I need to know about how much you "looked".

You can drop the charade anytime.

That I've looked?

I just find it hard to believe that Mr Obama attended high school and college in a vacuum.
Thanks for proving that I spoke the truth about not being able to read everything reported about him.
Just like you haven't.

That you are going with "half dozen" over 8+ years of high school and college based on one thing dean posted tells me all I need to know about how much you "looked".

You can drop the charade anytime.
It is a half dozen. Based upon your google link that keeps pointing to the same half dozen people.
Sorry that bothers you to be in the same camp as rdean.

That I've looked?

Thanks for proving that I spoke the truth about not being able to read everything reported about him.
Just like you haven't.

You asked what I didn't believe out of the three and I said that I didn't believe that you looked or read his books and you think coming back with THAT does you any good?!

:lmao:

From a mystery link within the google search I linked:

"In more than three dozen interviews, friends, classmates and mentors from his high school and Occidental recalled Mr. Obama as being grounded, motivated and poised, someone who did not appear to be grappling with any drug problems and seemed to dabble only with marijuana."

You're full of it, MM.

Last edited:
Just like you haven't.

You asked what I didn't believe out of the three and I said that I didn't believe that you looked or read his books and you think coming back with THAT does you any good?!

I misunderstood your post about reading his books and looking, I thought you were accepting that I had done that. I've done both and don't really care whether or not you believe it.

Just like you haven't.

I misunderstood your post about reading his books and looking, I thought you were accepting that I had done that. I've done both and don't really care whether or not you believe it.

If you did you wouldn't be toting this "half dozen" nonsense.

So it looks like the right's plan is the same as it always is......deny facts and make up their own to run with.

"In more than three dozen interviews, friends, classmates and mentors from his high school and Occidental recalled Mr. Obama as being grounded, motivated and poised, someone who did not appear to be grappling with any drug problems and seemed to dabble only with marijuana."

You're full of it, MM.

More than 3 dozen interviews doesn't mean 3 dozen different people.
I suppose that is part of the reason you are keeping it a secret.
How many distinct people is it? 30, 24, 12, 9, 6?

You're full of it, MM.

Pull it up and count, big guy :thup:

Along with the rest of the links out there.

If you did you wouldn't be toting this "half dozen" nonsense.

Feel free to enlighten me.

You're full of it, MM.

BTW if you aren't familiar with the mystery link there is no way you actually clicked my google link and did any kind of looking.

The liberal Democratics (but I repeat myself) will campaign on fantasy for their guy and on dishonesty and sordid innuendo for their opponents.

But they object whenever anybody dares to question the actual history of their guy.

I will stipulate that President Obama is a natural born U.S. citizen. But nobody can stipulate how well (or poorly) he did in college, since the puss in chief will not even reveal his official transcripts.

Forum List

Back