Government spending (Wasting $)

Can the Budget get cut? what about vital Government Services like the TSA and such.. :razz:

Can the budget be cut? Of course. We could get rid of all spending completely if we wanted to. Fuck the military and anyone else drawing a salary. Millions more unemployed. Conservatism at its finest!

Or, we could look at the big picture. Spending levels are fine, we need more revenue. Get taxes back up to historic norms. Or slightly higher if you want to pay down the debt (I don't). But even then, we could reduce spending by getting millions more jobs and off food stamps and unemployment.

Big picture. Look at it.

i am looking at it. i see the Ugly Reality of it every single day.

Really? The "ugly reality" of us borrowing at historically low interest rates so we don't need to lay off millions of workers? What's ugly about that to you?

Can the Budget get cut? what about vital Government Services like the TSA and such.. :razz:

Can the budget be cut? Of course. We could get rid of all spending completely if we wanted to. Fuck the military and anyone else drawing a salary. Millions more unemployed. Conservatism at its finest!

Or, we could look at the big picture. Spending levels are fine, we need more revenue. Get taxes back up to historic norms. Or slightly higher if you want to pay down the debt (I don't). But even then, we could reduce spending by getting millions more jobs and off food stamps and unemployment.

Big picture. Look at it.

Hi, you have received -1113 reputation points from The T.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
YOU are a God-Damned IDIOT. No wonder why California is in a MESS...People like YOU live there.

Regards,
The T
As eloquent as always.

Care to expand on which part I got wrong?

Big picture. Look at it.

Comment:
YOU are a God-Damned IDIOT. No wonder why California is in a MESS...People like YOU live there.

Regards,
The T
As eloquent as always.

Every part... your lack of understanding of even the most fundamental nature of economics is astounding.

Last edited:

Big picture. Look at it.

i am looking at it. i see the Ugly Reality of it every single day.

Really? The "ugly reality" of us borrowing at historically low interest rates so we don't need to lay off millions of workers? What's ugly about that to you?

how are you going to maintain any savings? (our Dollar is being DEVALUED) don't say put it in the Fucking Stock Market!!!!

Cut spending first, drastically, then talk taxes. No department left untouched, everything gets whacked the same percentage.

It'll never happen.

Can't play games with $15 trillion in debt

No sacred cows, everyone makes do with less. Higher taxes and less to show for them

make it fair right?

Life is not fair

Americans have to make do with less. We can no longer afford to be the worlds policeman, we can't afford to pay SS at 67, military benefits are on the table, welfare cut, taxes raised across the board

Big picture. Look at it.

Comment:

Regards,
The T
As eloquent as always.

Every part... your lack of understanding of even the most fundamental nature of economics is astounding.

Such as ... ?

Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to 70.

Means test Social Security and Medicare.

Eliminate all federal subsidies.

I'm sure you all can come up with other ideas that would actually reduce spending when you put your alleged minds to it.

I'm sure you all can come up with other ideas that would actually reduce spending when you put your alleged minds to it.

we got to try and the clock is ticking.. when is the NEXT Government Deadline on our BUDGET? :confused:

As I said, yes, you can cut spending. You can cut anything. Cut it out of existence. But you have to look at the big picture. For example, raising the retirement age will have the affect of people staying in the work force longer. Right now, we WANT people to retire and free up jobs for younger workers. How does keeping older workers in the work force longer help us achieve that? It doesn't.

Raise the retirement age, and you're going to see unemployment go up, which will mean more spending on safety net programs.

Big picture guys.

we got to try and the clock is ticking.. when is the NEXT Government Deadline on our BUDGET? :confused:

Problem with this question is WHEN are the Democrats and Obama going to HAVE a budget in keeping with thier Constitutional OATH...and cease operating OFF a Continuing Resolution dependent upon Debt Ceiling raises?

Every single ONE involved should be fired.

Problem with this question is WHEN are the Democrats and Obama going to HAVE a budget in keeping with thier Constitutional OATH...and cease operating OFF a Continuing Resolution dependent upon Debt Ceiling raises?

i thought they used the Excuse of we are in a state of EMERGENCY or something? :confused:

As I said, yes, you can cut spending. You can cut anything. Cut it out of existence. But you have to look at the big picture. For example, raising the retirement age will have the affect of people staying in the work force longer. Right now, we WANT people to retire and free up jobs for younger workers. How does keeping older workers in the work force longer help us achieve that? It doesn't.

Raise the retirement age, and you're going to see unemployment go up, which will mean more spending on safety net programs.

Big picture guys.

Government spending is NOT going to fix the fucking BROKEN System!!!!

your kidding right, TSA is a vital govt service. You don't even have to graducate from High School to work in security, it is a joke. The military is a vital government service not the TSA patting down old men and women. How about the 16000 additional IRS agents need to manage the new tax on health care, is that vital. No it is a jobs program. Get real here.

your kidding right, TSA is a vital govt service. You don't even have to graducate from High School to work in security, it is a joke. The military is a vital government service not the TSA patting down old men and women. How about the 16000 additional IRS agents need to manage the new tax on health care, is that vital. No it is a jobs program. Get real here.

^ it was intended to be Sarcasm Dude.. :cool:

Where in the Constitution does it say Congress and the President must create a budet?

Big picture guys.

Government spending is NOT going to fix the fucking BROKEN System!!!!

The only thing broken about the system is the incredible amount of influence billionaires can buy.

Big picture guys.

The big picture is that we are living longer, so we should be working longer. Life expectancy was 60 when Social Security was created. When life expectancy hits 100, do you expect people to collect Social Security and Medicare for one third of their lives?

6 percent of Americans were over 65 in 1935 when SS was created. Today, 13 percent of Americans are over 65. We have literally more than doubled our Social Security entitlement load.

Raising the eligibility age to 70 means contributing five years more, and drawing out five years less.

Massive savings.

As for the imagined labor problem, is there a bigger unemployment problem now than when the average life expectancy was 60? How about when it was 50?

No. And no.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back