Government Shutdown October 1st! Yay Republicans!

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Two weeks until the Republicans shut down the government for...wait why?

Veteran Republican strategist Karl Rove warned House Republicans that they will only hurt themselves if they allow the government to shut down this fall amid budget battles within their conference and with the Senate and White House.

“Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the foot in the run-up to the 2024 election if they continue to think that shutdowns are a great way to put themselves in front of the American people,” Rove said in a Fox News interview Sunday.
l

I love these government shut downs! There is so much beta drama. For example, the government does not actually shut down. Both sides accuse each other of hurting the country because they did not unequivocally accept their opponents’ demands.

The best thing about these shut downs is how, after a few weeks, you realize we don’t even need all the furloughed federal workers. LOL!!!

I am hoping for a long-term shut down. Just a couple more weeks. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

I love these government shut downs! There is so much beta drama. For example, the government does not actually shut down. Both sides accuse each other of hurting the country because they did not unequivocally accept their opponents’ demands.

The best thing about these shut downs is how, after a few weeks, you realize we don’t even need all the furloughed federal workers. LOL!!!

I am hoping for a long-term shut down. Just a couple more weeks. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻
I'm pretty fond of them myself, now that I don't have to worry about contracts getting paid.

Republicans end up owning them every time.

Veteran Republican strategist Karl Rove warned House Republicans that they will only hurt themselves if they allow the government to shut down this fall amid budget battles within their conference and with the Senate and White House.

“Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the foot in the run-up to the 2024 election if they continue to think that shutdowns are a great way to put themselves in front of the American people,” Rove said in a Fox News interview Sunday.
l
What the heck are you talking about.
Biden is in charge of the government, you liar.

l
Government shutdowns always backfire on Republicans – and the voters appropriately blame Republicans.

Play your part. Gooberment's part is to create fear and threats, and then inflate the "saving" bullshit debt bill so we can feel good for another 4 months. Our part is to blindly accept the bullshit and pretend we don't see behind the curtain. Please stay in your lane.

l
The goddamn government is only going to be shutdown because the stupid Potatohead Administration is spending more money than they take in. In fact, this year they will be $1.5 trillion in the red. Last year they were $1.3 trillion.

The way to solve the problem is actually very simple. Stop spending so much money. Like on subsidies to the UAW to build EVs or welfare for the frigging Illegals or maybe even giving money to India to build electric trains.

Forum List

Back