Government Free Zones: The Workplace.

Do you want government to be hands off on business?

• Government should only protect corporate interests.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Government should only protect the interests of labor.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
I've brought this up in many threads but never really get a clear cut answer from the libertarians and conservatives that populate these boards.

Do you really want the government to be completely hands off with businesses?

Or do you really want the government to be hands off when it comes to the rights of labor?

Part of the reason we have Unions in this country is BECAUSE government interceded on behalf of corporate bosses who were about to lose their lives at the hands of disgruntled workers.

And it seems no one has a problem with government protecting corporate interests.

So lets find out.

The year is 2013 not 1913, you retire or something?

That's not the topic of the thread.

Yes it is I work in manufacturing for the past 30 years it has changed till the point of Unions are useless and not needed. Unions and just the thought of Osha comming in makes managers and H.R. aware of todays bussiness world they always stress saftey now a days above everything else.

I've brought this up in many threads but never really get a clear cut answer from the libertarians and conservatives that populate these boards.

Or do you really want the government to be hands off when it comes to the rights of labor?

Part of the reason we have Unions in this country is BECAUSE government interceded on behalf of corporate bosses who were about to lose their lives at the hands of disgruntled workers.

And it seems no one has a problem with government protecting corporate interests.

So lets find out.

What does "hands off" mean to a liberal turd like you? Does it means corporations should be allowed to commit fraud or even murder? Does it mean they should be allowed to dump toxic waste on other people's property?

Please be specific.

theoretically government is to guarantee we have a fair balance between labor and business.

The problem is it has been anything but FAIR because of the lobbying of the elected officials.

The poll question is not specific enought. I believe that state govts and the fed govt. has different functions. Therefore I can't give a real answer to those options. Had it been labeled federal govt. then maybe.

The year is 2013 not 1913, you retire or something?

That's not the topic of the thread.

Yes it is I work in manufacturing for the past 30 years it has changed till the point of Unions are useless and not needed. Unions and just the thought of Osha comming in makes managers and H.R. aware of todays bussiness world they always stress saftey now a days above everything else.

A. No it isn't the topic of the thread.

B. Your post contradicted itself.

So lets find out.

What does "hands off" mean to a liberal turd like you? Does it means corporations should be allowed to commit fraud or even murder? Does it mean they should be allowed to dump toxic waste on other people's property?

Please be specific.

:lol:

Oh man really?

It's a pretty simple concept.

No government involvement..so that means corporations would be able to commit fraud and murder.

And it does mean they can dump stuff on other people's property.

So lets find out.

Please be specific.

Oh man really?

No government involvement..so that means corporations would be able to commit fraud and murder.

I don't think there are many libertarians/conservatives who would be in favor of allowing corporations to murder and commit fraud.

That's just sort of silly.

Please be specific.

Oh man really?

I don't think there are many libertarians/conservatives who would be in favor of allowing corporations to murder and commit fraud.

That's just sort of silly.

Not "silly" at all.

It's the sort of thing they use to do in the "good old days".

And it seems you folks want to go back to that.

Well.

Step up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hFTR6qyEo]I Drink Your Milkshake! - There Will Be Blood (7/8) Movie CLIP (2007) HD - YouTube[/ame]

I'd like to vote umpire...but the problem becomes who defines what constitutes a "fair shake"?

If Boeing decides to open up a manufacturing facility in South Carolina, by what standard of "fairness" is that to be judged?

The government's role is to make fair laws and regulations and oversee them. They have so far been unable to do that. I don't think attempting to micromanage businesses and people by hiring more and more bureaucrats is the answer.

The unions supposedly look out for the workers, or are you saying that they are part of the government?

Of course, in a better economy, people leave jobs that don't offer much and find another one. These days a person is lucky if they can find a job anywhere.

Labor law... regulation to oversee interstate commerce.. equal corporate tax treatment.. ensuring the citizenship or work eligibility of employees in this nation... tariffs.. ports and customs... all well and good

Bailing out... choosing winners and losers... helping those not trying to do anything to improve themselves to just get more money for nothing... payback with hometown government contracts.. etc... THAT is where government does NOT need to be

Forum List

Back