Government Employees Are Not Accountable: In Hawaii, No Heads Roll over False Missile Alarm

no where to go though i saw one sensible guy herding his kids into a storm drain .

Like Hanoi hid it's residents during US air raids....jump in the hole, pull the plate over their head. When I was a kid we had designated fall-out shelters around every corner it seemed like. Not now....why not?
------------------------------------- i don't remember Fallout shelters and i never dropped and covered . We did have basements at homes . This was about 1962 and i was about 12 years old . Why no Fallout shelters nowadays , maybe because millions of dead is acceptable when compared to the expense of building and stocking million of Shelters that only the important political people need and will have Tom .

This is just what the pols want . Keep Americans scared so they will feed the war machine .

------------------------------------- i don't remember Fallout shelters and i never dropped and covered . We did have basements at homes . This was about 1962 and i was about 12 years old . Why no Fallout shelters nowadays , maybe because millions of dead is acceptable when compared to the expense of building and stocking million of Shelters that only the important political people need and will have Tom .

Most of the fallout shelters of the 60's were parking garages, subway tunnels, anything concrete underground. They were really blast shelters, useless against fallout. The stuck one of those black and yellow signs on it and expected those out and about to run into them when the russian missiles started hitting. We had a neighbor who dug and constructed a fallout shelter but it flooded every Spring and covered everything inside with mold. In winter his family would have frozen to death in it but if the Ivans attacked between May and September he would have been okay. :lol:

Most of the fallout shelters of the 60's were parking garages, subway tunnels, anything concrete underground. They were really blast shelters, useless against fallout. The stuck one of those black and yellow signs on it and expected those out and about to run into them when the russian missiles started hitting. We had a neighbor who dug and constructed a fallout shelter but it flooded every Spring and covered everything inside with mold. In winter his family would have frozen to death in it but if the Ivans attacked between May and September he would have been okay. :lol:
--------------------------------------------- i was always rural and small town and there probably were some at maybe gov building like the cop shop and Court house and maybe the schools but i just don't recall Tom .

so can we assume that Hawaii wont be tipping over? I was worried

I have a question for Hank Johnson: If North Korea launches an ICBM into the Pacific, and it misses by just a little, will the resulting tsunamis capsize the Hawaiian Islands?
what if a very large missile lands about 9 miles off of Florida,,right into the ocean??, will Atlantis rise back up again, and we can all move there if we want?

Maxine Waters is assuming that Putin is about to invade Hawaii and will be having a meeting with General Shelia Lee Tito Jackson to discuss the matter

Why is firing the only solution that some people seem to understand?

It would seem like a reasonable solution in this case.

because of a single mistake? Then what happens, the guy goes on Govt assistance and then people bitch about him being so.

A single mistake that caused wide spread panic and mass hysteria after a million people thought they were going to be bombed within a few minutes, so yeah........

And it's not like they haven't been recipient of bombs in the past or anything.

because of a single mistake? Then what happens, the guy goes on Govt assistance and then people bitch about him being so.
The guy has been temporarily reassigned....so I read! It may not be a bad thing if the reassignment becomes “permanent” if for no other reasons to make a statement. That being said, I would hate for a one time mistake to define a person’s career if he has otherwise been a good employee. However, this guy will go down in history as the Button Guy.

`
I read this article, What You Should Know About Hawaii's False Alarm, According To A Former Navy Emergency Manager on a U.S. vet site. Someone is bullshitting the public. It was NOT just an honest mistake of pressing one wrong button. As the article makes a strong case insofar that to trigger the alarm took a series of more complicated procedures that needed to be done first. I think, it was deliberate.

By the way, Trump had nothing to do with it.

`
yea, people claiming it's an accident are really ignorant of the safeguards the military and government have in place to prevent stuff like this from happening.

`
I read this article, What You Should Know About Hawaii's False Alarm, According To A Former Navy Emergency Manager on a U.S. vet site. Someone is bullshitting the public. It was NOT just an honest mistake of pressing one wrong button. As the article makes a strong case insofar that to trigger the alarm took a series of more complicated procedures that needed to be done first. I think, it was deliberate.

`

Trump had nothing to do with this... Hawaii because of world developments installed this system in November, this is a teething problem...

As for Hawaii a Democrat state, at least they have a warning system.... Not ideal it went off but the building of a mass emergency system is good for any population. It can be used for floods, weather, earthquake..... Good Idea, don't give up.

The guy has been temporarily reassigned....so I read! It may not be a bad thing if the reassignment becomes “permanent” if for no other reasons to make a statement. That being said, I would hate for a one time mistake to define a person’s career if he has otherwise been a good employee. However, this guy will go down in history as the Button Guy.

I agree that reassignment is a good way to go. If the guy screws up his new post then we could talk about removing him.

`

`

Trump had nothing to do with this... Hawaii because of world developments installed this system in November, this is a teething problem...

As for Hawaii a Democrat state, at least they have a warning system.... Not ideal it went off but the building of a mass emergency system is good for any population. It can be used for floods, weather, earthquake..... Good Idea, don't give up.
This just in from CNN!! we are not sure, but its possible,but at this time we cannot confirm that a very small missile may be on the way to isle of Misfits which is located 3 miles south of Guam. The current Governor of Guam, Harold Johnson {aka, cousin to Hank Johnson},,,has already left for a Las Vegas vacation and has no idea what to tell the 765 residents of the island of misfits.

so can we assume that Hawaii wont be tipping over? I was worried

I have a question for Hank Johnson: If North Korea launches an ICBM into the Pacific, and it misses by just a little, will the resulting tsunamis capsize the Hawaiian Islands?
what if a very large missile lands about 9 miles off of Florida,,right into the ocean??, will Atlantis rise back up again, and we can all move there if we want?

Atlantis is already up and it's in the Bahamas. Cruise ships stop there.

`

`

for all we know, one of those Hawaiian Macaw birds were in charge of pressing those buttons/mass text messages

Forum List

Back