Government Employees Are Not Accountable: In Hawaii, No Heads Roll over False Missile Alarm

THANKS, course i generally do it properly and use names in my questions , replies and responses Harry .

How does that not get you fired?

Our civil servants are a joke.

Absolutely no accountability.

You make everyone in the state of Hawaii fear there is an incoming nuclear missile attack for 38 minutes....AND YOU ARE NOT FUCKING FIRED?

Liberals run the government. No accountablility for civil servants.

If that was the private sector......BYE BYE BYE

Last edited:
Anyone who was the least bit awake during the Animas River chemical spill and its aftermath knows that fact all too well.

In Hawaii, No Heads Roll over False Missile Alarm
Do you have any idea how hard it is to fire a govenment employee if they are in a non classified job. Unless you have them on some sort of crime like theft, it is not worth the hassle! One of the many things that are fucked up about the way we run things. Did you ever notice driving around a city in the summer how they set up a million construction sites and most the time you see no one working there? Then winter comes along and none of the sites are finished and the roads are more torn up than they were before. Do you know why that is?

To keep the guys working as long as they can. Construction zones are more for the workers than they are the motorists. They would rather keep 50 guys working for two years than 200 guys working for six months and then have to lay them all off because the project is complete.
That is part of it.It is mainly for matching funds from the feds and the states. Instead of merit or need base matching funds are based on number of projects going on and how those project's fit what the described money is for. So if you have a project that does not fit what the matching fund is for you add that to the project whether it is needed or not. Also this forces you to open up project's that may or may not be needed in order to get your matching funds for the project you are working on. they then just move the workers from project to project in order to full fill the number of jobs requirements and instead of getting the work done in a timely fashion they are moving from job to job geting very little done at one given site. Of course this makes renting out orange barrels a very lucrative buisness. I am not sure who all benifits from this shell game, but this I sure as hell can tell you it does not benifit the guy trying to coordinate all of the work. Nor does it benefit the driving public with all the torn up roads and traffic jams.

As a professional driver I can tell you that all road work going on in our state is needed. Many are long overdue.

But I came from a construction family. I know how they operate. My father even got me to join the bricklayers union when I was much younger. Up north, a bricklayer technically gets laid off most if not all of the winter because you can't lay cement in the snow. When they had a major project, they only put enough bricklayers on the job to last the season. They could have doubled or tripled the amount of workers on a job and have it completed in a month or two, but then you have all those people off of work during the working season.

From what I understand, down south is an entirely different story. When they have a road job to do, they get it done in a third of the time it takes to get something done up north. That's because there is no working season; working season is year round.

Up in the Cleveland area they are expanding the bypass lanes on I-271. Yes, it's a big project, but it's like watching grass grow. In Columbus, they are doing a lot of road work on I-270. It seems like it's been going on forever and certainly delays your travel. The Turnpike? They work on that thing every single year.

Besides the delays because of lane closures, they put ridiculously low speed limits. They monitor those areas too. Because Ohio is obsessed with making truck restrictions in the most dangerous and difficult lane to be in, there are often truck accidents which at times shuts down the entire highway.

You make everyone in the state of Hawaii fear there is an incoming nuclear missile attack for 38 minutes....AND YOU ARE NOT FUCKING FIRED?

Liberals run the government. No accountablility for civil servants.

If that was the private sector......BYE BYE BYE

Did you ever consider the fact that they have to do an investigation FIRST to find out what happened and who did what? If it was because they still had some bugs they missed when they checked out the system, I can forgive that. I know that in the military, when we got new systems on our ship, there was a bit of training time required, and sometimes mistakes were made. Nothing life threatening, but sometimes the equipment would break.

If it was because some idiot didn't know how to do their job, then find out if it was a training problem, or if they were simply incompetent or actively trying to sabotage the system. If it's because of incompetence or sabotage, fire them.

Forum List

Back