Government does not create jobs

Yet millions of Americans, many of them reading this, work for the government.

Odd that.

Those 'jobs' produce nothing that create wealth for the system. Indeed, those salaries suck the wealth from the system. Is government necessary? Yes. Does it need to be as big as possible to be effective? No.

Your a teacher for gods sake.

Indeed, that should have been: "You're a teacher, for god's sake."

I can read too. I've also been involved in city government in the past and follow along. What was your point? That teachers cannot follow current events?

according to you your job produces nothing and only SUCKS off the government.

I work for private school, which is besides the point. See earlier; 'Is government necessary? Yes.' There are some things that government should do, educating is one of them. That doesn't mean I should pay for your mental health care, though you really should avail yourself to such.

People in public service are looking for the cadillac health care plans and retirement benefits after twenty years. They like the control over other people's lives, in part, because they think they are better and smarter than the public they are supposed to serve.

Yeah people in public service like cops , firefighters, Marines, teachers and the like are such elietists.

You people seem to live in a world all made up by the people who want to USE your stupidity to distroy any sense of community Americans try to build.

I'm so very sick of your brainwashed stupidity.

I think you meant elitist, but yeah, those people think they are better than the rest of us. Thanks for giving such a good example. Granted not all of them think that way, but there is a substantial number of them that do.

There you go folks. This idiot actually thinks our military fighting this war is an pack of elitists.

He thinks the police are elitists.

He thinks Annie is an elitist.

He thinks the garbage man is an elitist.

what fucking insanity

I work for private school, which is besides the point. See earlier; 'Is government necessary? Yes.' There are some things that government should do, educating is one of them. That doesn't mean I should pay for your mental health care, though you really should avail yourself to such.

Why should teaching be included in this governments set of necessary tasks?

You know you will get caught admitting that the health of a society is just as important as its education huh?

Why should teaching be included in this governments set of necessary tasks?

Actually I think one could make a strong argument that private and home schooling would do a much better job, but in this case the founders for the most part thought it should be available:

Common School Movement - Colonial and Republican Schooling, Changes in the Antebellum Era, The Rise of the Common School

Compassion has nothing to do with it. Most people in public service actually care about their fellow Americans.

But you go right on thinking they are all crooks.

Asshole.

People in public service are looking for the cadillac health care plans and retirement benefits after twenty years. They like the control over other people's lives, in part, because they think they are better and smarter than the public they are supposed to serve.

Yeah people in public service like cops , firefighters, Marines, teachers and the like are such elitists.

You people seem to live in a world all made up by the people who want to USE your stupidity to distroy any sense of community Americans try to build.

Those are some types of government jobs but the truth is there are many other types of public sector jobs which we could debate the cost/benefit analysis of.

GovernmentJobs.com - GovernmentJobs.com

https://www.governmentjobs.com/display.cfm?SubCatID=1

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Work_for_the_Government.shtml

Last edited:
Annie, No they could not.

Private can kick out any student who brings their numbers down.

That is in escence what we have now for healthcare.

They kick off the siclk people that will bring their profits down.

It leaves us with the most expensive system in the world and people who are more sick and dying earlier.

Last edited:
[
Really? So all the technology and innovations that came about thanks to gov't funding of research has not lead to great wealth? all those biotech/pharm companies that spun off from gov't funded research don't exist? The products that were licensed to other companies which was developed to market didn't come from gov't spending?

LIke I said, its not black and white, and its completely simple minded to say those things when there are a myriad of factors contributing to the economy. f so the market and gov't spending help the economy. Gov't helps in having an educated workforce, and funds research leading to innovation.
A standard-issue blending of non sequitur and post hoc ergo propter hoc....Speaking of simple minded.

Just because someone used gubmint funding to make some discovery or another, doesn't automatically mean that the discovery wouldn't have been made at all.

The spin by dude on this post may be the dumbest defense of his fringe opinions I've yet to read on this message board (my apologies to CrusaderFrank, who has produced a plethora of dumb messages).

Last edited:
Yeah people in public service like cops , firefighters, Marines, teachers and the like are such elietists.

I think you meant elitist, but yeah, those people think they are better than the rest of us. Thanks for giving such a good example. Granted not all of them think that way, but there is a substantial number of them that do.

There you go folks. This idiot actually thinks our military fighting this war is an pack of elitists.

what fucking insanity

You said Marines (an elite fighting force in my mind, maybe not yours), now you are talking about the entire armed services. Be honest.

You used the word elist. I suggested people in public service were motivated by the benefits and power. I stand by that statement. Once again, truthmatters shows they are not seekers of truth or that it matters to them.

Let me suggest that teachers at Virginia Tech may have held the same opinon, that the shooter should have paid for his own mental health. How did that work out for them and the students at their school?

what fucking insanity

You said Marines (an elite fighting force in my mind, maybe not yours), now you are talking about the entire armed services. Be honest.

You used the word elist. I suggested people in public service were motivated by the benefits and power. I stand by that statement. Once again, truthmatters shows they are not seekers of truth or that it matters to them.

I'm talking about everyone who works for the government and so were you.

You just hate government because you have been told to hate them.

You lap up anything evil said about the government and internalize it.

you are a fool.

what fucking insanity

I'm talking about everyone who works for the government and so were you.

You just hate government because you have been told to hate them.

You lap up anything evil said about the government and internalize it.

you are a fool.

A fool loves their government and thinks it loves them back.

Let me suggest that teachers at Virginia Tech may have held the same opinon, that the shooter should have paid for his own mental health. How did that work out for them and the students at their school?

He received and ignored mental health care:

Cho Didn't Get Court-Ordered Treatment - washingtonpost.com

Let's address this for safety's sake. Those who are identified as potentially dangerous to themselves and others, should be forced to undergo evaluation. If evaluation indicates the individual does indeed pose a threat to themselves and/or others, the state should force treatment until threat is eliminated. If upon release, the individual refuses prescribed care and/or meds, the state should again take the person into care.

This would do a lot to make the country safer, fewer suicides, and less homeless. Go for it.

So here you are admitting that healhtcare is just as important as education.

what fucking insanity

You suggest people in public service are motivated by the benefits and power. I suggest your opinion is motivated by envy. People in public service are motivated by the same things as those in the private sector. I suggest that's axiomatic; a job provides money to provide for food, clothing and shelter, among many other things; and, a good retirement and health benefit is an important factor when considering a career.
As for power, have you ever considered most government jobs have equivalent counterparts in the private sector? Would you prefer an encounter with a Black Water security guard or a public service cop?
As for envy, most cops must pass a written test, several oral interviews, a psychological examination, a physical examination and meet other physical requirements, and at least one, sometime two, years of probation during which time they are assigned a field training officer who trains the recruit and monitors their use of power an officer does possess. Probationary employees can be let go at anytime by the hiring authority or his/her designee. Most of those who hold opinions such as you, SaveLib., would love to have the economic advantages civil service provides, but for the fact that theyt lack the MQ's or can't pass the necessary tests to secure government employment at any level.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back