Gov. Jerry Brown released budget

Lying sack of shit. You don't need a license to surf in Huntington Beach.

The summer of '63 you did. Maybe the board needed to be licensed or registered - meant the same thing to me. We were told we couldn't go in the water. I also recall a horn or whistle went off around 11 AM, all boards out of the water. Oh, and Disneyland wouldn't allow "long hairs" on their property. Nice place to live if you're into authoritarianism.

Now, calm down Revere, no need to call me a "Lying sack of shit" simply because I pointed out the obvious. Now go play with IQ's your own age, they're easy to identify by their one-line idiotgrams.
And, btw, one doesn't surf "in" Hunington Beach, the sand gets mixed into the wax and creates a rash. It's much better to surf in the surf off Hunington Beach, if you like crowds and tiny waves. See my Avatar for the North Coast variety (and no, I'm not suicidal and have never surfed Mavericks).

Last edited:

The summer of '63 you did. Maybe the board needed to be licensed or registered - meant the same thing to me. We were told we couldn't go in the water. I also recall a horn or whistle went off around 11 AM, all boards out of the water. Oh, and Disneyland wouldn't allow "long hairs" on their property. Nice place to live if you're into authoritarianism.

Now, calm down Revere, no need to call me a "Lying sack of shit" simply because I pointed out the obvious. Now go play with IQ's your own age, they're easy to identifiy by there one-line idiotgrams.

If you wanted to get knifed in 1963, you could go to Huntington Beach. If you wanted to go to a nice place with your family, you could go to Disneyland.

I need to talk to people whose frame of reference for life in California doesn't stop at 1963.

from the link

His budget projects the deficit at $25.4 billion over the next 18 months.

To close it, Brown called for $12.5 billion in spending cuts, including reductions in welfare, Why does Brown hate the poor? social services, health care for the poor, See more proof he hates the poor?community colleges and a combined $1 billion cut to the University of California and California State University systems. And now he wants to keep the poor from getting an education

I haven't read any posts yet, but I expect to see every single last liberal on USMB denounce Brown as a Right Wing Radical that hates the poor.

from the link

To close it, Brown called for $12.5 billion in spending cuts, including reductions in welfare, Why does Brown hate the poor? social services, health care for the poor, See more proof he hates the poor?community colleges and a combined $1 billion cut to the University of California and California State University systems. And now he wants to keep the poor from getting an education

I haven't read any posts yet, but I expect to see every single last liberal on USMB denounce Brown as a Right Wing Radical that hates the poor.

Those cuts will never be made.

Proposition 25 was passed by the voters in November eliminating the need to pass the budget by a super majority. A simple majority of votes in the CA state legislature is now sufficient to pass the budget. Republicans risk becoming an after thought if they continue to demagogue the tax issue.
If Gov. Brown is successful in convincing the voters to continue the taxes raised two years ago by The Arnold, and is able to rescue the economy, the Republican Party may need to once again reinvent itself and become a moderate, pragmatic and contemplating organization. If Gov Brown is successful, much of the conservative dogma will be exposed as nothing more than hot air.

His ideas failed last time. The dems have a choke hold and you blame one man for not being able to get the dems to do the right thing?

Will you leave that party forever and admit that the left is full of shit when it gets worse?

Exodus of business from CA will only increase!!!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3122800-post1.html

Ten Reason Businesses Are Leaving California:
10. Unfair Taxes:
Highest (with NY & NJ) corporate, income, gas, property and near highest (communist Cook County IL.

9. Most Expensive Business Locations:
California has the most expensive cities anywhere in the US.

8. Worst Performing Labor:
Fucking hippies!

7. Dreadful Legal Treatment:
44th in legal fairness to Business and Mexican Los Angles is ranked least fair and reasonable city in the country.
Any law student in CA could tell you how complex and leftist (not to mention backwards) CA law is.

6. Worst Regulatory Burden:
And this is with them shooting down the Communist CA Greenhouse Gas and zero emissions laws.
Cost and uncertainty of business regulations causes them to the the highest hassle index by a significant margin.

5. Harshest Treatment of Business:
60% of CA business have adopted freezing hiring in CA and moved to operations to other states.

4. Downright Unfriendliness to Business:
49th Unfriendly to business state (my money is on NY as most unfriendly)

3. Highest Misery Index:
IN THE COUNTRY!!!

2. Uncontrollable Spending:
State and City spending (even per capita) is the highest in the country

1. Consistently Ranks - WORST STATE IN NATION TO DO BUSINESS IN:
Business people nickname CA the Venezuela of the US!
Side Note: Texas is ranked #1 state to do business in!

Reasons why business will be attracted to California:

38 Million customers;
Silicon Valley;
High tech leader, Bio-Tech leader, Green Energy leader;
Abundance of Universities and Graduate Degrees;
Portal to the Orient & Asian Markets;
Climate - snow stays where it belongs, on the ski slopes;
Food and wine production.
and the newest attraction for business, the venue for America's cup.

Now, calm down Revere, no need to call me a "Lying sack of shit" simply because I pointed out the obvious. Now go play with IQ's your own age, they're easy to identify by their one-line idiotgrams.
And, btw, one doesn't surf "in" Hunington Beach, the sand gets mixed into the wax and creates a rash. It's much better to surf in the surf off Hunington Beach, if you like crowds and tiny waves. See my Avatar for the North Coast variety (and no, I'm not suicidal and have never surfed Mavericks).

In Huntington beach you are not allowed to be seen drinking beer on your own property.

And the Repubiicans refuse to play. Democrats willing to cut services deeply, Republicans continue to hold the line against any tax increases.

Brown seeks 5-year extension of California taxes - Yahoo! News

This is hillarious!

In releasing his first budget plan, the newly elected Democratic governor said he wanted to end the types of acccounting gimmicks, borrowing tricks and overly optimistic revenue assumptions that characterized the recent budgets signed by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

To close it, Brown called for $12.5 billion in spending cuts, including reductions in welfare, social services, health care for the poor, community colleges and a combined $1 billion cut to the University of California and California State University systems.

Brown also wants the Legislature to call a special election in June to give voters an opportunity to continue increases in the income, sales and vehicle taxes for five years. The taxes were approved two years ago next month and are due to expire this year.

The taxes, along with proposed shifts in funding, would generate $12 billion in revenue if voters agree to an extension.

My GAWD he's the real deal. He is 1000 times more serious about cutting spending than the teatards are and he wants to put tax increases on the ballot for public approval.

He's a teatard's wet dream.

It took just 30 posts to find an honest liberal.

I gave you pos rep for standing your ground and saying it loud and proud that you know cutting spending doesn't work. (well, implied it)

10. Unfair Taxes:
Highest (with NY & NJ) corporate, income, gas, property and near highest (communist Cook County IL.

Fucking hippies!

44th in legal fairness to Business and Mexican Los Angles is ranked least fair and reasonable city in the country.
Any law student in CA could tell you how complex and leftist (not to mention backwards) CA law is.

And this is with them shooting down the Communist CA Greenhouse Gas and zero emissions laws.
Cost and uncertainty of business regulations causes them to the the highest hassle index by a significant margin.

60% of CA business have adopted freezing hiring in CA and moved to operations to other states.

3. Highest Misery Index:
IN THE COUNTRY!!!

38 Million customers;
Silicon Valley;

They are already leaving, in spite of those things.

So it must be the taxes.

And, btw, one doesn't surf "in" Huntington Beach, the sand gets mixed into the wax and creates a rash. It's much better to surf in the surf off Huntington Beach, if you like crowds and tiny waves. See my Avatar for the North Coast variety (and no, I'm not suicidal and have never surfed Mavericks).

In Huntington beach you are not allowed to be seen drinking beer on your own property.

Wow. I wonder how that would go over in NASCAR country?

from the link

Those cuts will never be made.

Of course not. You can not convince the liberals of CA that they need to cut anything, no matter how bad it gets they can blame the GOP, even though the gop has little influence.

Ca is the 8th largest economy in the world, and they will break the rest of America.

I gave you pos rep for standing your ground and saying it loud and proud that you know cutting spending doesn't work. (well, implied it)

Cutting spending alone doesn't work. And it's sort of ridiculous to be braying about austerity in times of economic distress.

-During the bad times you decrease taxes, ease up some regulation, lower interest rates and increase spending on infrastructure building and maintenance.

-During the good times you raise taxes, firm up regulation, raise interest rates and decrease government spending.

Gosh.

10. Unfair Taxes:

Fucking hippies!

3. Highest Misery Index:
IN THE COUNTRY!!!

38 Million customers;
Silicon Valley;

So it must be the taxes.

It MUST be? Three things you might consider. Prop 13 keeps property taxes low for property not sold or transferred since 1978 and the Real Estate Bust has reduced the value of property nationwide. Any business which leaves can expect to pay higher property taxes and receive less for the value of the property they sell in CA; it will be reassessed at current market value and the property tax rise alone makes such a purchase less desirable. Also, CA state taxes can be deducted and reduce the Federal Income Tax.
As for hippies, you must be kidding. Most hippies came from the flyover states and the south; I grew up in the district next door to the Haight/Ashbury District, and that's a fact. Another fact, hippies from the 60's are mostly retired, or nearing retirement. Long hair is uncommon and graduate degrees abundent.

Last edited:

10. Unfair Taxes:

Fucking hippies!

3. Highest Misery Index:
IN THE COUNTRY!!!

38 Million customers;
Silicon Valley; that's one of the places people are leaving
High tech leader, Bio-Tech leader, Green Energy leader; and they are still leaving. Green has been shown to be a bust in America
Abundance of Universities and Graduate Degrees; nothing new and people are leaving.
Portal to the Orient & Asian Markets; same
Climate - snow stays where it belongs, on the ski slopes; same
Food and wine production. same
and the newest attraction for business, the venue for America's cup. that's temp at best.

While Ghook likes to go over the top, you're just dreaming.

True dat!

http://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/files/users/city_clerk/MC0944.pdf

38 Million customers;
Silicon Valley;

So it must be the taxes.

It MUST be? Three things you might consider. Prop 13 keeps property taxes low for property not sold or transferred since 1978 and the Real Estate Bust has reduced the value of property nationwide. Any business which leaves can expect to pay higher property taxes and receive less than the value of the property they sell in CA. Also, CA state taxes can be deducted and reduce the Federal Income Tax.

Then they must want to leave pretty badly.

#1 reason business will not relocate to California, no energy. The green energy initiative is bankrupting California and its businesses.

AB32 is Cap and Tax for California, already there is an exodus of corporations.

Who would move a business to California to pay higher prices for everything.

Silicon Valley is seeing Green Energy corporations going Bankrupt. That is with government subsidies, grants, and loan guarantees.

Cutting spending alone doesn't work. And it's sort of ridiculous to be braying about austerity in times of economic distress.

-During the bad times you decrease taxes, ease up some regulation, lower interest rates and increase spending on infrastructure building and maintenance.

-During the good times you raise taxes, firm up regulation, raise interest rates and decrease government spending.

Gosh.

You evul fiscal conservative you.

:muahaha:

you have exposed yourself!

But honestly, The Gubinator tried to cut the budget and the dems locked arms and refused. But now that it's (D), deep cuts are OK?

I don't know Wry that well, but I'd be willing to bet he was against the gubinators cuts.

http://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/files/users/city_clerk/MC0944.pdf

"Public place" for purposes of this section also means any unenclosed ground level
private yard, walkway, portion of outside steps, or driveway, where no permanent
physical barrier serves to fully restrict access to that area. An open garage which
directly abuts a public right-of-way will be considered public for purposes of this
section, as will any ground level entranceways immediately in front of a residence,
such as a cement slab, provided that it is not fully enclosed by a permanent physical
barrier

Forum List

Back