Gov. Jerry Brown released budget

Until the politicians deal with the state unions, the outlook for Ca. is going to be grim.
His cuts in salary are for non union state workers.

Bingo.

Rearranging deck chairs and all that.

Fun as it is to poke one another, it doesn't solve the problem. As I said, Ohio is in pretty much the same boat -- so are several other states. All with tax rates high enough to drive away business.

If you have answers, guys, let's hear 'em.

Stop taxing corporations, remove all regulations, and cut them off from the free ride on the government dole. :eusa_angel:

How is removing all business taxes even worth considering, considering?

Ohio has a fairly decent sized agricultural business, and we are about to adopt a new regulatory scheme for dictating how livestock are treated. Is this the sort of regulation you oppose? Why?

Stop all aid to the poor? Is that your suggestion?

And the Repubiicans refuse to play. Democrats willing to cut services deeply, Republicans continue to hold the line against any tax increases.

Brown seeks 5-year extension of California taxes - Yahoo! News

This is hillarious!

In releasing his first budget plan, the newly elected Democratic governor said he wanted to end the types of acccounting gimmicks, borrowing tricks and overly optimistic revenue assumptions that characterized the recent budgets signed by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

His budget projects the deficit at $25.4 billion over the next 18 months.

To close it, Brown called for $12.5 billion in spending cuts, including reductions in welfare, social services, health care for the poor, community colleges and a combined $1 billion cut to the University of California and California State University systems.

Brown also wants the Legislature to call a special election in June to give voters an opportunity to continue increases in the income, sales and vehicle taxes for five years. The taxes were approved two years ago next month and are due to expire this year.

The taxes, along with proposed shifts in funding, would generate $12 billion in revenue if voters agree to an extension.

My GAWD he's the real deal. He is 1000 times more serious about cutting spending than the teatards are and he wants to put tax increases on the ballot for public approval.

He's a teatard's wet dream.

Did you not read ANY of the posts before you?

Proposition 25 was passed by the voters in November eliminating the need to pass the budget by a super majority. A simple majority of votes in the CA state legislature is now sufficient to pass the budget. Republicans risk becoming an after thought if they continue to demagogue the tax issue.
If Gov. Brown is successful in convincing the voters to continue the taxes raised two years ago by The Arnold, and is able to rescue the economy, the Republican Party may need to once again reinvent itself and become a moderate, pragmatic and contemplating organization. If Gov Brown is successful, much of the conservative dogma will be exposed as nothing more than hot air.

Yes, RAISE taxes. I'm sure it will prove that "conservative dogma" is all hot air. :lol:

:cuckoo:

Yes, higher taxes will drive people and businesses out to a degree, and not entice new businesses from coming to Ca. It's a tightrope

A well stated example of Republican dogma.

Yes, RAISE taxes. I'm sure it will prove that "conservative dogma" is all hot air. :lol:

:cuckoo:

Yes, higher taxes will drive people and businesses out to a degree, and not entice new businesses from coming to Ca. It's a tightrope

reality bites, huh, wry? Please tell me how Ca. is a business friendly state....go ahead, I'm waiting. I'm not the only person who left Ca. because of the politics, hell the county I live in has 60% ex californians living in it. That tells a person something about the real Ca. and not a moon bat lunatic saying something about republican dogma, I'm not even republican.

And the Repubiicans refuse to play. Democrats willing to cut services deeply, Republicans continue to hold the line against any tax increases.

Brown seeks 5-year extension of California taxes - Yahoo! News

No cuts to the communist pension plans, no stopping of Illegal aliens to free healthcare, education and welfare, yet he calls for some cuts, but raising the income, gas, corporate and sales tax (which are top 2 in the nation)!

And I am sure that in not too long the spending would start again!

The Republicans are right to tell Comrade Brown to Fuck HIMSELF!

Fun as it is to poke one another, it doesn't solve the problem. As I said, Ohio is in pretty much the same boat -- so are several other states. All with tax rates high enough to drive away business.

Stop taxing corporations, remove all regulations, and cut them off from the free ride on the government dole. :eusa_angel:

How is removing all business taxes even worth considering, considering?

Corporations do not pay those taxes, the consumer YOU do. But, because you tax them, this opens the door to give them corporate aid, bonuses, incentives, etc., like the ME wars YOU are paying trillions for. And it allows government to regulate them, which only hurts you. So cut them loose & free of government. Leave them at the mercy of the consumer. That should cut your taxes in half.

Ohio has a fairly decent sized agricultural business, and we are about to adopt a new regulatory scheme for dictating how livestock are treated. Is this the sort of regulation you oppose? Why?

Yes, any kind of regulations. YOU are paying government to regulate. Just be a consumer. If the corporation cannot regulate itself, don't buy their Ho-Hos. Put another 1/4 of your taxes back in your purse. We have media and other sources to tell us how corporations are performing with the consumer. We don't need the government to do it. If they poison you, or environmentally hurt you, you have the courts to sue their ass. Lawsuits alone will bring them into compliance, because money (profit) is all they understand.

Stop all aid to the poor? Is that your suggestion?

No, I never said poor. I said the trillions of corporate aid (dole) YOU are paying. With all the taxes you save by cutting the corporate cord to government, you can buy the homeless homes.:eusa_angel:

Shitnao doesn't live in this country, and he sure does not pay all of his taxes to California.

Revere is a pedophile and spends his day at the city park merry-go-round watching the kids.

in a way I'm all for more taxes in Cali, I live here in Oregon, Oregon that is quickly becoming conservative I might add. Oregon is one of the States grabbing up all the wealthy hard working people ditching the shithole california. I lived in cali for 22 years and am very happy I left.
I lived in Ca. for 41 years and I left. We moved, and we never regretted a day of it.

Neither did the Californians

let them eat cake. The important thing is that Moonbeam Brown is schooling the teatard nation in the art of cutting the budget!

He's not cutting anything but non-union payrolls.

wrong, already posted, he's cutting 12.5 BILLION from a 100 billion budget. That's a 12% cut!

SCHOOLING the TEATARD nation!

here's the summary:

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/pdf/BudgetSummary/SummaryCharts.pdf

You're posting as if the teabots actually want to cut spending. Funny thing is, the teabots in Congress are backing away from their promise to cut spending while the Dems are going to show them how to balance a budget (again)

Texas is also in the same boat

Calitics:: Texas Budget Deficit Shatters Myths About California's Deficit

Well, well, well. For years now we've been hearing that California's budget problems exist because we "overspend." Others claim it's because our taxes are so high that companies and jobs move to low-tax states. Texas is often held out by those making these claims as an example of what California should emulate - a low-tax, low-services, low-spending state that supposedly has government figured out.
Except they don't. California faces a budget deficit of about $18 billion. And how much is Texas's budget deficit?

That's right. $18 billion:

reality bites, huh, wry? Please tell me how Ca. is a business friendly state....go ahead, I'm waiting. I'm not the only person who left Ca. because of the politics, hell the county I live in has 60% ex californians living in it. That tells a person something about the real Ca. and not a moon bat lunatic saying something about republican dogma, I'm not even republican.

The proof is that large corps are concentrated in high tax states like CA, NY, MA, etc. The big exceptions are the extractive industries which have to be located where the resources are.

Proposition 25 was passed by the voters in November eliminating the need to pass the budget by a super majority. A simple majority of votes in the CA state legislature is now sufficient to pass the budget. Republicans risk becoming an after thought if they continue to demagogue the tax issue.
If Gov. Brown is successful in convincing the voters to continue the taxes raised two years ago by The Arnold, and is able to rescue the economy, the Republican Party may need to once again reinvent itself and become a moderate, pragmatic and contemplating organization. If Gov Brown is successful, much of the conservative dogma will be exposed as nothing more than hot air.

and if he is not successful?....

Uhh Duuuh... Then he didn't get "enough" of what he wanted... That way when it fails he can blame it on Republicans and conservatives, he just needed more! Kinda like Obama's stimulus.

thanks for answering Wry....

Forum List

Back