Gov. Christie proposes 10% N.J. income tax reduction

Christie claims he eliminated waste. All he did was cut funding to local communities and schools so that they would have to make up the difference.

NJ residents have to makeup for state cuts in funding so that Christie can give tax breaks to his buddies

Why are there states that are funding for illegals to get free education on the backs of taxpayers? That's one example of waste the state shouldn't have found itself in the first place. Free cell phones and providing them with minute usage to those on WIC, is another example of government waste that's not needed. It's not as hard as you think, if you know where to look.

WTF are you babbling about?

I'm in a state where the Democrat Governor and his Democrat controlled legislature want to pay for illegals to attend college. Why exactly should the taxpayers be paying for people that aren't even legal citizens to this country? Also, in case you happen to be asleep, there are commercial ads for free cell phones to those that are on WIC and offering them free usage. Is that something that government (which is really the "responsible" taxpayer) should be paying for? Government waste can be found anywhere, if you are willing to only look for it. Why do you think New Jersey is the exception to the rule?

Last edited:
Exactly. And before Corzine the crook left office, he proposed reduced tuition for illegals and DRIVER'S LICENSES. Thank God that thief is on his way to jail. :eusa_pray:

From an economic point of view alone we see that the State of New Jersey spends $2.1 billion annually on the illegal immigrant population here. New Jersey has approximately 8.7 million residents of which approximately 500,000 are illegal immigrants. According to a 2007 study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), these nearly half a million illegal immigrants cost the State of New Jersey a total of $2.1 billion per year in the form of services consisting of education for the children of illegal immigrants, health care for their families, and incarceration for the criminal element in their community.

FAQ | New Jersey Citizens For Immigration Control

Christie has been soft on illegal immigration. I have a feeling it has to do with our farm industry, but I don't know. If he tackles that, he'll be on the fast tract to the WH. Of course, he may want to lose weight first, because according to libs, only men who can photo topless in HI are fit for office or something. :cool:

You weren't working in Nj or you are flat out lying.
I knew teachers that were making 90K a year and they were bitching because they were being asked to pay 10% of their healthcare cost.

I'm not being specific to NJ. It's the same everywhere. Didn't the teacher's union in Wisconsin concede to that and then had their collective bargaining rights taken away anyway? Didn't they pretty much concede to EVERYTHING and still have their collective bargaining rights taken away? Why was that, do you think? Link for your 90K teachers or STFU, anyway, since you obviously ignored my post that the PRIVATE SECTOR is responsible for the PS wages sinking faster than the titianic.

This thread is about NJ though. You want to see the salary of NJ teachers just look it up.
As for those unions in Wisconsin. Just becaue they said they would make concesions doesn't mean squat. They could always renig. Public workers have no business with collective bargaining. Even FDR knew this.
As for private sector losing money I don't see it. I see us not advancing as fast as we should but who's fault is that?

NJ teacher here.

The median pay among New Jersey’s public school classroom teachers is $57,467 a year — meaning half of them earn more than that, and half earn less. The average is $63,154, with more than half of the teachers earning from $40,000 to $60,000. Most would be considered middle-class in New Jersey, making less on average than firefighters, cops, engineers and business middle managers, and more than social services workers and sales representatives.

N.J. teacher salaries debate continues amid Gov. Christie's school aid cuts | NJ.com

If they were private sector it wouldn't matter. But they are public workers paid with tax money. Why should I have to pay for someones unused sick days?

Because it is part of the contract they had when they were hired.

Yes. And according to what I've read, accumulated (contracted) sick time will be honored/grandfathered until the new regs are put in place. Any sick time accumulated AFTER that will not be carried over.

A $$$ cap would be preferable in my opinion. Everyone will just use their sick time costing extra money in substitute teachers.

I have accumulated over 100 days - not because of the lousy $50 a day at retirement - but because missing school disrupts my students' learning. Call me crazy, but I don't think it's fair or wise to punish people with good attendance. :eusa_whistle:

I just hope Christie isn't gambling on increased revenue due to his "business friendlier" policies. It will work - but may take years.

It's just soooooooo refreshing to hear someone talk about lowering taxes. Under Corzine, it seemed like a new tax/new regulation every other week.

Christie actually wants to reward good teachers. Look at his reform proposal.
As for sick days, why should you be able to carry them over. Why should I have to pay for unused days. And if techers would talk time off just to use up their days if they are not getting paid then they are stealing from the tax payers.

As for the increased rebenues taking years. It took decades to dig us into the hole we are in so I will accept those years it will take to get us out.
It is like dems always saying new oil wells will takes years to produce anything. Hell, they have been saying that for what, 30 years now?

NJ teacher here.

The median pay among New Jersey’s public school classroom teachers is $57,467 a year — meaning half of them earn more than that, and half earn less. The average is $63,154, with more than half of the teachers earning from $40,000 to $60,000. Most would be considered middle-class in New Jersey, making less on average than firefighters, cops, engineers and business middle managers, and more than social services workers and sales representatives.

N.J. teacher salaries debate continues amid Gov. Christie's school aid cuts | NJ.com

Most Firefighters in NJ are volunteer. And only the upper ranks of police make as much.
When it comes to teachers add in your pensions and insurance. Your cadillac, make that Rolls Royce, of insurance plans that have no deductibles or copays.

If they were private sector it wouldn't matter. But they are public workers paid with tax money. Why should I have to pay for someones unused sick days?

And now the Governor is changing the contract because it is unfair to the tax payers.

Oh, but it's not unfair to the people that took a job with the ability to bank their sick leave? You really think its "fair" to renege on a contract?

Not every "private business" disallows accumulated sick time. I know plenty of people who have "days" stored if and when they really get sick. And using/abusing sick time is not just a public sector phenomenon. Trust me. I am also a co-owner of a business. The difference is that private sector uses attendance in evaluations and bonuses. AND substitutes are not legally required.

Anyone in any industry should be rewarded in one way or another. But that's not the way it will work.

And now the Governor is changing the contract because it is unfair to the tax payers.

Oh, but it's not unfair to the people that took a job with the ability to bank their sick leave? You really think its "fair" to renege on a contract?

Apparently so, just ask the GM bondholders that Obama fucked over royally for the benfit of his union cronies.

Last edited:
Why are there states that are funding for illegals to get free education on the backs of taxpayers? That's one example of waste the state shouldn't have found itself in the first place. Free cell phones and providing them with minute usage to those on WIC, is another example of government waste that's not needed. It's not as hard as you think, if you know where to look.

WTF are you babbling about?

I'm in a state where the Democrat Governor and his Democrat controlled legislature want to pay for illegals to attend college. Why exactly should the taxpayers be paying for people that aren't even legal citizens to this country? Also, in case you happen to be asleep, there are commercial ads for free cell phones to those that are on WIC and offering them free usage. Is that something that government (which is really the "responsible" taxpayer) should be paying for? Government waste can be found anywhere, if you are willing to only look for it. Why do you think New Jersey is the exception to the rule?

Cell phones cost around $50 a month. What does it cost to provide the poor with air conditioning?

what's the matter RW? Cat got your lying tongue? :rofl:
What matters is that our parks, and New Jersey has a great State Parks system have been slashed through austerity measures and Christies proposal will do nothing but ensure that they deteriorate further

increasing the funding for state parks and increasing the jobs in state parks... will hurt state parks?

Are you high?

The budget proposal put forward by Gov. Chris Christie on February 15, provides a modest increase in funds for the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), calls for an increase in parks and forestry appropriations and continues funding for several programs charged with protecting the state’s natural resources.

In addition, $6.2 million in funding for the operations of the State’s parks and forests is being restored from the state’s general fund, assuring that all state parks will remain open. Many of the 54 state parks have been operating with critically low staff levels, which the Governor has proposed increasing to better serve the more than 17 million visitors who make use of these sites annually. Capital development projects required to improve facilities at state parks would be allocated $2.6 million in Gov. Christie’s budget, helping to assure that visitors can use them safely and enjoyably.

Christie has done neither....but I guess if you continue to tell a lie, someone will believe it. Christie slashed funding for our parks system. He is offering a shoestring to keep them from closing completely. Christie is in the red for his funding of our beautiful parks. Just because he is not as much in the red doesn't mean that he has improved them.
Staff has been cut, hours have been cut, maintenance has been cut

But hey...at least the millionaires get their tax cut

you are a moron.

I already linked to the proof of his budgets INCREASING funding that was slashed BY THE PREVIOUS DEMOCRATIC GOVERNOR. But if you want to continue to tell a lie, someone will believe it.

again, you're a moron.

Nine state parks may close under budget ax | NJ.com
One in five New Jersey state parks would be forced to close at the height of the summer season and 80 parks workers would be laid off as part of cost-cutting measures forced by Gov. Jon S. Corzine's austere budget.

The Department of Environmental Protection is proposing to close nine state parks entirely, slash services at three more, and reduce offseason hours at all 42 sites.
But by all means, continue your Democratic partisan bullshit that all this was 'Christie's fault'.

Moron.

Well I just read our local message board and more comments on Philly.com. The line is "Christie is cutting taxes for millionaires and billionaires." Liberal math is soooo confusing. :lol:

BTW - How many billionaires live in NJ? 4? :lol:

confirmed. RightWinger is officially a liar and a coward.

Your stalking is becoming childish. Why don't you go play in the street?

Gov. Christie's budget cuts put pinch on New Jersey's state parks - pressofAtlanticCity.com: Press

. Christie’s proposed budget allocates $19.8 million for parks management for fiscal year 2011, which begins July 1. That figure is almost 26 percent less than the $26.7 million in the current fiscal year’s parks management budget, state records show.
The records also show that the number of parks-management employees is 407 workers for the current fiscal year — the lowest in 10 years.

Last edited:
confirmed. RightWinger is officially a liar and a coward.

Your stalking is becoming childish. Why don't you go play in the street?

Gov. Christie's budget cuts put pinch on New Jersey's state parks - pressofAtlanticCity.com: Press

. Christie’s proposed budget allocates $19.8 million for parks management for fiscal year 2011, which begins July 1. That figure is almost 26 percent less than the $26.7 million in the current fiscal year’s parks management budget, state records show.
The records also show that the number of parks-management employees is 407 workers for the current fiscal year — the lowest in 10 years.

from your link...
“No programs will be cut for budget reasons this summer,” said DEP spokesman Larry Hajna.

Bet the folks in NJ ain't seen a tax reduction in that State in decades.

Good news for them and better news for Christie.

If CC decides to run for Gov again bet he wins in a landslide.

I'm sure Ed Schultz on MSNBC
will be leading the charge along with his
union butt buddies to have this fine Gov. recalled. :eusa_whistle:

timeline:
Corzine nearly wrecked the state parks in his budgets
Christies first budget made some small cuts on top of that
Christies fiscal 2012 budget increases funding for state parks

He's correcting the situation, and morons like RW want to whine and cry how it's all his fault... when the DEMOCRAT Corzine nearly wrecked the state park system budgetarily.

Outstanding article on what Christie has done to lower unemployment and is trying to do to attract new businesses. As NY and CT increases taxes, NJ says "Hey 1%ers - Occupy NJ"! In addition, his income tax reduction plan has Dems scrambling for their own plan to decrease taxes. They want lower property taxes instead. I'm certain the 1%ers would be ok with that too. :clap2:

Garden State Gov. Chris Christie has a message for the top 1% of income earners: Please occupy New Jersey. "I'm going to start going after a lot of these hedge-fund guys who are in Connecticut and New York and say, 'You're going to get a better deal with us,'" says the country's most important Republican not running for president.

Mr. Christie's new tax-reform plan also offers an improved deal to the bottom 99%, which is why he may be able to move it through New Jersey's Democratic legislature: a 10% cut in tax rates across the board.

Politically, so far so good. A recent Quinnipiac poll gives him a 53% approval rating among the state's registered voters, and Mr. Christie says that private polls show him "in the low 60s."

Economically, unemployment in the state has fallen to 9% from a high of 9.8%. With almost 3.9 million people working, New Jersey has added almost 60,000 private-sector jobs since he took office, while shedding more than 21,000 government jobs. Reforms of the pension and health programs for government employees will save taxpayers an estimated $120 billion over the next 30 years. A new limit on local property-tax increases appears to be working.

"When Governor Cuomo raised taxes over here that made it even more attractive for me to go after the income tax . . . from a competitive perspective." He adds that with Gov. Dannel Malloy also enacting a tax increase in Connecticut last year, "it's a strategic decision as much as a philosophical decision."

But is he fundamentally changing the political culture of New Jersey? This week's reaction to his tax reform suggests that he is. Democrats largely responded with their own plans to cut taxes, focused on local property bills.
The Weekend Interview with Chris Christie: Christie to the 1%—Please Occupy New Jersey - WSJ.com

Forum List

Back