Got bit by a brown recluse...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
... hoping hard that the painful blister/sore is as bad as it will get.
Usually a recluse bite results in just a painful large blister/sore that takes as long as 6 weeks to heal.
But it can and will turn really ugly depending on how your body reacts. Unfortunately, you don't know how bad it will get till as many as 5 days later... then just like that... it gets real.

o_O:shock::hands:

Mine ate away at the bite, I ended up with a big necrotic hole.
It is on my neck right where your adams apple is.
Apparently that is better than the leg/arm etc, where there is fat. The venom blows through fat cells quickly and spreads to larger areas. An area like the front of your neck essentially has almost zero fat cells. So... hope is, and so far so good, the area will be contained.
I was bit about noon yesterday. It is now 5:12pm. So I am about 29 hours into it. Way too early to see the damage.

Usually a recluse bite results in just a painful large blister/sore that takes as long as 6 weeks to heal.
But it can and will turn really ugly depending on how your body reacts. Unfortunately, you don't know how bad it will get till as many as 5 days later... then just like that... it gets real.

I'm pretty sure some of those bites can fester, cause blood born sepsis and end up fatal. I could be wrong. I'd go to the emergency room.

Of course when I was a kid and got a bad bite near my ass, a good friend swabbed an X-ACTO blade with alcohol and cut the wound open so the puss could drain. Purging the core was seriously painful 3 days later.

It's not something to fuck with.

Apparently that is better than the leg/arm etc, where there is fat. The venom blows through fat cells quickly and spreads to larger areas. An area like the front of your neck essentially has almost zero fat cells. So... hope is, and so far so good, the area will be contained.
I was bit about noon yesterday. It is now 5:12pm. So I am about 29 hours into it. Way too early to see the damage.

Mine was on my arm, it went very deep.. I wish the best for you.

I'm pretty sure some of those bites can fester, cause blood born sepsis and end up fatal. I could be wrong. I'd go to the emergency room.

Of course when I was a kid and got a bad bite near my ass, a good friend swabbed an X-ACTO blade with alcohol and cut the wound open so the puss could drain. Purging the core was seriously painful 3 days later.

It's not something to fuck with.

You and your friend have some weird fetishes.

Never been bit by a brown recluse, but I once had a hornet sting me on my upper lip. It swelled up so much till it blocked my nostrils, and I had to breath through my mouth. They said I looked like I was eating a persimmon.

Yer fer sure gonna die.

Go to the doctor.

220px-Necrotic_leg_wound.png

Their poison does "necrotic tissue damage".

How cool is that?!

I had a co-worker that got bit by one of those. After about a year of struggle, she finally got it fixed. But she had a divot in the back of her calf the size of a baseball.

Good luck!

what state do you live in?....

Where geography did he bite you?

Go to the doctor.
It is not necessary unless it starts going south. They can do absolutely nothing at this stage. Except take your money.
I put ice packs on it religiously which everyone says to do, and that plays an important role in preventing spread.
There is no antivenom in North America.
Obviously if it starts to look bad I will go for sure, you can't mess with infected/open wounds.

Forum List

Back