Gorilla ...

They have classes to improve your reading comprehension. Then you complain about how i call you an idiot. :laugh:
Sorry your monkey is dead Tarzan, but idiots care about monkeys over children. I guess its the evolutionary part of your ape brain that still cares for your ape species because I sure don't hear majority of people crying over hunted animals.

Well, I feel really bad that they had to kill that gorilla. But, it came down to making a choice, the little boy or the gorilla. Hopefully the zoo takes some measures so that, in the future, small children can't slip inside the enclosures with potentially dangerous animals. :( RIP Harambe. Hope the little child isn't traumatized by this incident.

Supervising a 4 year old in a public place is very routine and common place it commands the undivided attention of the parent. Clearly the parent did not perform their duties adequately. When you do a case study on Trayvon Martin I will be eager to see how these two situations are comparable.
That's why we have perfect parents in a perfect world that don't make mistakes. Leaving them unsupervised in the car is one thing, but taking your eye off kids for a few seconds in a public place such as a store or playground are risks that sometimes can't be controlled mama hawk. It's called distractions, from answering a phone, taking pictures, looking at another object, etc. It's logical fallacy to say that parents can keep their eyes on kids without looking elsewhere.

:bsflag:

e1fqHBx.gif

couch protester said: "Leaving them unsupervised in the car is one thing, but taking your eye off kids for a few seconds in a public place such as a store or playground are risks that sometimes can't be controlled mama hawk. It's called distractions, from answering a phone, taking pictures, looking at another object, etc."

It is not by occurred but by consequence of the neglect, in this case it could have cost the child his life and certainly did the poor gorilla.

The woman was at the zoo where her attention should have been focused on the boy and keeping safe, nothing else.

You would make a great soccer mom.
..and you would make a great soccer ball.:slap:

Seems to me you were never trusted to watch a small child on your own.....

.....a second time.:laugh:

Supervising a 4 year old in a public place is very routine and common place it commands the undivided attention of the parent. Clearly the parent did not perform their duties adequately. When you do a case study on Trayvon Martin I will be eager to see how these two situations are comparable.
That's why we have perfect parents in a perfect world that don't make mistakes. Leaving them unsupervised in the car is one thing, but taking your eye off kids for a few seconds in a public place such as a store or playground are risks that sometimes can't be controlled mama hawk. It's called distractions, from answering a phone, taking pictures, looking at another object, etc. It's logical fallacy to say that parents can keep their eyes on kids without looking elsewhere.

e1fqHBx.gif

couch protester said: "Leaving them unsupervised in the car is one thing, but taking your eye off kids for a few seconds in a public place such as a store or playground are risks that sometimes can't be controlled mama hawk. It's called distractions, from answering a phone, taking pictures, looking at another object, etc."

It is not by occurred but by consequence of the neglect, in this case it could have cost the child his life and certainly did the poor gorilla.

The woman was at the zoo where her attention should have been focused on the boy and keeping safe, nothing else.

Do you live in the suburbs...and drive a minivan?

e1fqHBx.gif

relevance :dunno:

e1fqHBx.gif

Oops, I thought you knew what a soccer mom was.

Think clueless busybody ... who knows more about how to raise other peoples children than the parents of those children. Soccer moms like to tell every one's children what to do.

They would be at home in the North Korean Politburo.

Last edited:

Think clueless busybody ... who knows more about how to raise other peoples children than the parents of those children. Soccer moms like to tell every one's children what to do.

The inherent safety issues regarding the zoo, exhibits and 4 year old children are obvious and should be properly addressed and administered to by the parent.

The inherent safety issues regarding the zoo, exhibits and 4 year old children are obvious and should be properly addressed and administered to by the parent.

So?

So?
The mother failed to meet the standards required to keep her son, the gorilla and others safe. While she has no duty to "others" her negligence placed her son in "grave" danger.

So?
The mother failed to meet the standards required to keep her son, the gorilla and others safe. While she has no duty to "others" her negligence placed her son in "grave" danger.
What "standard" are you speaking of? I hope you dont mean your opinion. No one is paying any attention to that.

So?

And it is now your job to fix this problem. Have you contacted the authorities and put in the adoption papers? What kind of home will this child live in when they bring him to your door step?

They are going to ask these questions.

To me something most definitely needs to be done about the parents. We hear way too many stories about kids not being supervised well enough. I remember a few years back a kid making the news because he was able to climb up inside one of them toy machines that has the claw inside. Now we are hearing about a kid getting into the cage of a wild animal. Then of course last summer, I remember reading about two boys who got sunburned so bad while in the hands of those who ran the day care that they went to that the boys ended up having to go to the hospital. The pictures that I saw of their back sides couldn't have been anymore horrifying.

God bless you and these kids always!!!

Holly

To me something most definitely needs to be done about the parents. We hear way too many stories about kids not being supervised well enough. I remember a few years back a kid making the news because he was able to climb up inside one of them toy machines that has the claw inside. Now we are hearing about a kid getting into the cage of a wild animal. Then of course last summer, I remember reading about two boys who got sunburned so bad while in the hands of those who ran the day care that they went to that the boys ended up having to go to the hospital. The pictures that I saw of their back sides couldn't have been anymore horrifying.

God bless you and these kids always!!!

Holly
I disagree. You cant penalize parents for not having eyes in the back of their heads. if they dont take reasonable precautions to protect their children in a dangerous situation then I'm all for penalizing them. No one thinks a trip to the zoo is a dangerous situation.

So?

And it is now your job to fix this problem. Have you contacted the authorities and put in the adoption papers? What kind of home will this child live in when they bring him to your door step?

They are going to ask these questions.
percysunshine I am very surprised you usually make well prepared, thought provoking posts. This one falls far short for reasons I have already posted.

So?
What "standard" are you speaking of? I hope you dont mean your opinion. No one is paying any attention to that.
If it were "my" opinion you are paying keen attention to my every keystroke.

The standard is reasonable care and speaks to the "Best Interests of the Child" in addressing the the health, safety, and/or protection of the child. The mother's conduct falls far short of this standard.

So?
If it were "my" opinion you are paying keen attention to my every keystroke.

The standard is reasonable care and speaks to the "Best Interests of the Child" in addressing the the health, safety, and/or protection of the child. The mother's conduct falls far short of this standard.
Actually your claim of a "standard" was the only thing that caught my attention. Otherwise i ignore people like you that are obviously under educated.

The mother provided reasonable care. No reasonable person believes a zoo would make it easy for a 3 year old to get into a gorilla enclosure. If one can prove the mother knew the ease at which the child could get into the enclosure you would sorta have a point. Since no one can prove it you simply dont.

Forum List

Back