Gorilla ...

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
What Gorilla saw ...

Tansy-Aspinall-con-gorila.jpg

What humans saw ...

tumblr_ln186igDwW1qcqn5ho1_1280.jpg

Why couldn't the zoo keepers hit him with a tazer or sleep arrow?
Time for the dart to work and tazers send you flopping around, not good with a child around.
To the best of my recollection, I have seen bears being hit with the sleep dart. I seemed to hit him right away and he was out. But, he could have been a younger bear and he fell from a tree. So, I am not sure.

Do you recall another youngster falling in a gorilla area, and the gorilla carried the lad to a door where some zookeeper was able to retrieve him?

All of this is very sad.

It is a terrible thing. I can only imagine that this child will NEVER want to climb into a zoo cage again. At the same time we are speaking of saving the life of a child vs. saving the life of some animal. I don't care what the evolutionist's believe. Animals are animals and humans are human and God Created both, but humans are the one's God put in charge over animals and not the other way around.

Time for the dart to work and tazers send you flopping around, not good with a child around.
To the best of my recollection, I have seen bears being hit with the sleep dart. I seemed to hit him right away and he was out. But, he could have been a younger bear and he fell from a tree. So, I am not sure.

Do you recall another youngster falling in a gorilla area, and the gorilla carried the lad to a door where some zookeeper was able to retrieve him?

All of this is very sad.
Not true. Any animal you shoot with a dart takes time for the dart to take effect. A 400 lb gorilla is not going to go down quickly or quietly.

Yes this has happened at least 2 times before. Both times the kids were unconscious and the gorillas protected them.

It is a terrible thing. I can only imagine that this child will NEVER want to climb into a zoo cage again. At the same time we are speaking of saving the life of a child vs. saving the life of some animal. I don't care what the evolutionist's believe. Animals are animals and humans are human and God Created both, but humans are the one's God put in charge over animals and not the other way around.
You are right, Nipper. I just wish there was a way to save both.

All of this is very sad.
Not true. Any animal you shoot with a dart takes time for the dart to take effect. A 400 lb gorilla is not going to go down quickly or quietly.

Yes this has happened at least 2 times before. Both times the kids were unconscious and the gorillas protected them.
I will take what you said as fact, for I really don't have much information on the act. This time the gorilla swished the toddler in the water for a few seconds. Do you have any idea what he was doing?

All of this is very sad.

I will take what you said as fact, for I really don't have much information on the act. This time the gorilla swished the toddler in the water for a few seconds. Do you have any idea what he was doing?
Looks to me like he was agitated by the crowd and tried to move the child away from the people screaming at him. Unfortunately he didnt recognize his own strength. He never appeared aggressive to me.

He was playing with the new toy but had no intentions of killing him. Only humans deliberately murder. To the ape, it was a toy. He could have killed him immediately if he wanted to, but he didn't. All the yelling and screaming from above didn't help either. I saw him drag the kid. I also saw him touch him with his fingers, and lift him, and briefly touch hands with the kid. He knew there was no danger from the child but has no clue just how weak human bodies are..especially 3 year olds. So yeah..he was STARTING to get rough but every time he did..he looked UP at the screaming idiots above.

They said no dart because it would take too long. So....they let the kid be in there TEN MINUTES. That just does not make sense. 10 minutes? And another 3 minutes or less for the dart to take effect? And moving the screaming hoard above so the ape is calmed? Did that ever cross their idiotic minds? Nope. Just shoot it. Kill it. The answer to all humans when it comes to animals being animals.

They could have had several rifles trained on him while they hit him with a tranquilizer gun. If he went after the kid, they would have the option of shooting him.

All of this is very sad.

There is a difference between a protective mother gorilla, such as the one who fended off males from attacking a child,
and a young male gorilla, where males are known to kill the babies of other gorillas, and this one was getting agitated.

The zoo personnel made the best judgment call they could, given the situation they faced, and the risk of further danger and harm.
The kid was already being dragged through the water by the arm and could have suffered worse injury or death.

All of this is very sad.

There is a difference between a protective mother gorilla, such as the one who fended off males from attacking a child,
and a young male gorilla, where males are known to kill the babies of other gorillas, and this one was getting agitated.

The zoo personnel made the best judgment call they could, given the situation they faced, and the risk of further danger and harm.
The kid was already being dragged through the water by the arm and could have suffered worse injury or death.
Good points, Emily. Thanks

All of this is very sad.

Good points, Emily. Thanks

Thank you Jackson
I wish more people would just be grateful the child wasn't killed or more seriously injured.
Too many stories like this end in even worse tragedy!

I'm glad in this case the child was rescued, but still regret the trauma and loss.
I bet the zookeepers do, too. That's a very hard call to make, and hurts all the same.

Whatever gap in security that enabled the child to enter, they could still be sued for that.
I hope they all work together and focus on corrections. We don't need this to keep happening.

Those parents better fucking not sue the zoo! They damn fucking better NOT. The zoo should sue the parent for being an IDIOT.

Forum List

Back