GOP's Mourdock jumps gun on health care ruling

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009

There's a lot of anxiety these days as we wait for the U.S. Supreme Court to issue its decision on President Obama's health care law.

Apparently, Senate candidate Richard Mourdock wanted to be ready. The Indiana Republican's campaign yesterday uploaded videos to YouTube of his different reactions to the decision, including cheering the law's demise. The videos were taken down.

Here's one example of Mourdock's canned reactions, with a reference to his Democratic opponent:

"Barack Obama and Congressman Joe Donnelly are going to try and have big government make health care even more expensive. That may not be their intention, but that is what will happen," says Mourdock, Indiana's state treasurer, in one of the uploaded clips.
<more>

There's a lot of anxiety these days as we wait for the U.S. Supreme Court to issue its decision on President Obama's health care law.

Apparently, Senate candidate Richard Mourdock wanted to be ready. The Indiana Republican's campaign yesterday uploaded videos to YouTube of his different reactions to the decision, including cheering the law's demise. The videos were taken down.

Here's one example of Mourdock's canned reactions, with a reference to his Democratic opponent:

"Barack Obama and Congressman Joe Donnelly are going to try and have big government make health care even more expensive. That may not be their intention, but that is what will happen," says Mourdock, Indiana's state treasurer, in one of the uploaded clips.
<more>

I bet everyone has a canned response ready to release as soon as the decision is announced. In fact, I am willing to bet that the really smart ones have several prepared.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTOHtX_N8Yo&feature=player_embedded]Richard Mourdock Accidentally Releases Responses to ACA Supreme Court Decision - YouTube[/ame]

Obama is the king of the canned response.

He's got his lines rehearsed for every possible outcome on thursday.

Not only that, he has talking points out or ready to go out to his partisans to keep everyone on message.

Do you guys have yours yet? Can you give us a preview?

<more>

I bet everyone has a canned response ready to release as soon as the decision is announced. In fact, I am willing to bet that the really smart ones have several prepared.

Yeah, I have to agree with the windbag for a change they really have had time to prepare all possible responses.

<more>

Absolutely.......in a.......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back