"Reality" : Obama on Health Care Bill misses the conflict entirely

Sometimes moving back away from what has failed is progress, maobamacare is failing and countries much smaller than our have failing single payer systems.
I work for a medical insurer, and Obamacare is not failing.

Membership is increasing, less than 20% of policy holders are unhappy, and most of those are unhappy because they didn't pay their premiums and got cancelled.

The only way to stop Obamacare, is to elect a Republican president in 2016, and only then if the 20% of policy holders becomes 40%, but I handle ACA accounts all day 10-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, and Obamacare has metastasized itself to our industry. We just cant scrap the whole thing, hire everybody back, dust off old systems, policies, and procedures, and resume where we left off in December 2013

And what happens when these subsidies go away and your liability pool shrinks?
That will only affect the red states, because state exchanges are not going to be part of that.

In the red state I handle...it's going to suck for the 90,000 policy holders we have with subsidies, if they don't also strike down the personal mandate at the same time.

Picture that...90,000 people who had insurance, and then don't. Because they can't afford the premium without the subsidies. So! by end of 2016, and taxes come around, they'll be getting hit with the $695/person and $249/dep penalty for not haing insurance, and we're only one of the insurers.

It'll be interesting if the SCOTUS does what you're hoping for.

They should have never upheld the individual mandate to begin with and in doing so creating a new unconstitutional direct tax.
However anyone comes down on the mandate...I do believe it is the one thing that can undo the whole thing.

Why do you think Republicans have been going after it so hard. It doesn't have anything to do with constitutionality, it has everything do with it being Obamacare's weak spot, so it's a political battleground with no thought from politicians about how people are affected

Personally I could give a crap if removing the mandate would cause the law to collapse under it's own weight. Congress has no constitutional authority to direct a citizen to purchase anything and the tax is also prohibited in article 1. I will never be subject to the tax, if I were I would sue the day after I paid it to get it overturned. Federal law requires a person to actually pay a tax before they can challenge it.

I work for a medical insurer, and Obamacare is not failing.

Membership is increasing, less than 20% of policy holders are unhappy, and most of those are unhappy because they didn't pay their premiums and got cancelled.

The only way to stop Obamacare, is to elect a Republican president in 2016, and only then if the 20% of policy holders becomes 40%, but I handle ACA accounts all day 10-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, and Obamacare has metastasized itself to our industry. We just cant scrap the whole thing, hire everybody back, dust off old systems, policies, and procedures, and resume where we left off in December 2013

That will only affect the red states, because state exchanges are not going to be part of that.

In the red state I handle...it's going to suck for the 90,000 policy holders we have with subsidies, if they don't also strike down the personal mandate at the same time.

Picture that...90,000 people who had insurance, and then don't. Because they can't afford the premium without the subsidies. So! by end of 2016, and taxes come around, they'll be getting hit with the $695/person and $249/dep penalty for not haing insurance, and we're only one of the insurers.

They should have never upheld the individual mandate to begin with and in doing so creating a new unconstitutional direct tax.
However anyone comes down on the mandate...I do believe it is the one thing that can undo the whole thing.

Why do you think Republicans have been going after it so hard. It doesn't have anything to do with constitutionality, it has everything do with it being Obamacare's weak spot, so it's a political battleground with no thought from politicians about how people are affected

Personally I could give a crap if removing the mandate would cause the law to collapse under it's own weight. Congress has no constitutional authority to direct a citizen to purchase anything and the tax is also prohibited in article 1. I will never be subject to the tax, if I were I would sue the day after I paid it to get it overturned. Federal law requires a person to actually pay a tax before they can challenge it.
Repealing Obamacare will neither strengthen the constitution, nor change the fact that our for profit healthcare model in the US is unsustainable.

It's easy to say what you're saying if it's not your job that's going to the Filipines, or you lose the only insurance policy you've had in 20 years because nobody would take you anymore

Repealing Obamacare will neither strengthen the constitution, nor change the fact that our for profit healthcare model in the US is unsustainable.

It's easy to say what you're saying if it's not your job that's going to the Filipines, or you lose the only insurance policy you've had in 20 years because nobody would take you anymore

So I guess you prefer single payer where healthcare is rationed and it takes 6-9 months to get an MRI.

Forum List

Back