GOPer calls for a great white hope

clearly, it's a black day for the repubs.

Idioms & Phrases

great white hope

Something or someone that is expected to succeed. For example, Mark is the great white hope of the international division. This expression dates from the early 1900s, when heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson, who was black, seemed invincible and the term was used for any white opponent who might defeat him. It gained currency as the title of a Broadway play and later (1970) a film. By then it had been transferred to anyone of whom much was expected.

Great white hope Definition | Definition of Great white hope at Dictionary.com
I guess that leaves out Jindall ... or even Steele.

Idioms & Phrases

great white hope

Something or someone that is expected to succeed. For example, Mark is the great white hope of the international division. This expression dates from the early 1900s, when heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson, who was black, seemed invincible and the term was used for any white opponent who might defeat him. It gained currency as the title of a Broadway play and later (1970) a film. By then it had been transferred to anyone of whom much was expected.

I guess that leaves out Jindall ... or even Steele.

why do you hate people of colo(u)r?
<wink>

<wink>

i have a better question... why is the repub party so tone deaf on issues of race? cause even if the comment wasn't racist, it was really dumb... and was just another in a series of comments and actions that make the party LOOK racist even if it isn't in actuality.

<wink>

i have a better question... why is the repub party so tone deaf on issues of race? cause even if the comment wasn't racist, it was really dumb... and was just another in a series of comments and actions that make the party LOOK racist even if it isn't in actuality.

Why does Rev Wright speak for the entire Dem Party?

<wink>

what's with the dumb questions?

you're barking up the wrong tree with me on that one and comments like that just prove to people like me that the rightwingnuts are braindead.

Last edited:

what's with the dumb questions?

you're barking up the wrong tree with me on that one and comments like that just prove to people like me that the rightwingnuts are braindead.

You take the statement of a single rep and pretend she speaks for all Republicans and you call me braindead?

Ohhhhh...The "white" thingy.

Which party is it that sees skin color first, again??

The Party of LimpBoy.

Liberal Calls Obama "Magic Negro"
Liberal Calls Obama "Magic Negro"
March 19, 2007
RUSH: These people are racists. You know, the racists in our society, Ted, are these white liberals. They're the ones that notice your skin color before anything else, and they're the ones deciding whose skin color is dark enough and therefore who's authentic enough and who's been down for the struggle. It's those people doing this. It's not me. It's not "talk radio."

Patriotism Has Obama Unglued
August 20, 2008
RUSH: You know, it's just that you can't hit the girl. I don't care how far feminism has taken us, you can't hit the girl, and you can't criticize the little black man child, you just can't do it because it's not right, it's unfair, he's such a victim.

RushLimbaugh.com Home - Wednesday January 24
January 24, 2007
RUSH: Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. "As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans," Obama said. He didn't say it, but -- anyway

Obama Displays Maturity, Laughs Off "Barack the 'Magic Negro'" Song
May 2, 2007
RUSH: I don't look at Barack Obama and say, "Is he black enough?"

RushLimbaugh.com Home - Tuesday January 16
January 16, 2007
RUSH : And for Barack Obama, a -- well, he's a half-minority --

www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_092208/content/01125103.guest.html
September 22, 2008
RUSH: These polls on how one-third of blue-collar white Democrats won't vote for Obama because he's black, and -- but he's not black. Do you know he has not one shred of African-American blood? He doesn't have any African -- that's why when they asked whether he was authentic, whether he's down for the struggle. He's Arab. You know, he's from Africa. He's from Arab parts of Africa. He's not -- his father was -- he's not African-American. The last thing that he is is African-American. I guess that's splitting hairs, I don't -- it's just all these little things, everything seems upside-down today in this country.

Last edited:
Why do Dems believe that white Folks greed runs a world in need?

Why do Dems believe that 9/11 was Americans Chickens coming home to roost?

Why, oh why?

<wink>

honestly, i think people look for what they want to see, myself included.

You take the statement of a single rep and pretend she speaks for all Republicans and you call me braindead?

If you actualy read my response, instead of engaging in the typical wingnut BS, you'd se that I did no such thing. What I said it was another in a SERIES of statements, comments and actions which make the repubs seem, minimally, tone deaf to race EVEN if they aren't racist.

When something is done over and over and over again, PERCEPTION becomes a huge problem.

<wink>

Rev. Wright? Are you talking about that guy that joined the Marines and served honorably for six years? And he transferred to the Navy Medical Corp where he was validictorian. That guy? The guy that served as part of the medical team that operated on President Johnson? That guy? The guy that recieved "three" White House commendations? Is that Rev. Wright you're talking about?

If Republicans did as much for America as Wright did, we would all be better off. So he spouts off. He earned the right protecting free speech. Republicans bring guns to rallies to scare people away from free speech. What a bunch of jerks.

Why, oh why?

Again, this is what makes the wingnuts look really nuts....and majorly stupid.

You make up things that you pretend the "enemy" believes, repeat it as if it's true and then bemoan the fact that the "enemy" believes these things.

Or is it that you're just too dumb to have a debate on an issue, like the problems the repubs have with being racially tone deaf, and need to flail wildly.

Focus, dear.

Rev. Wright? Are you talking about that guy that joined the Marines and served honorably for six years? And he transferred to the Navy Medical Corp where he was validictorian. That guy? The guy that served as part of the medical team that operated on President Johnson? That guy? The guy that recieved "three" White House commendations? Is that Rev. Wright you're talking about?

If Republicans did as much for America as Wright did, we would all be better off. So he spouts off. He earned the right protecting free speech. Republicans bring guns to rallies to scare people away from free speech. What a bunch of jerks.

OK, so you're one of the Dems who believed that we deserved 9/11. Thanks for the Intel

Why, oh why?

You make up things that you pretend the "enemy" believes, repeat it as if it's true and then bemoan the fact that the "enemy" believes these things.

Or is it that you're just too dumb to have a debate on an issue, like the problems the repubs have with being racially tone deaf, and need to flail wildly.

Focus, dear.

I'm debating with my Jillian Approved Broad Brush.

Wussumatta, no fun getting painted with the same brush you use on others?

Idioms & Phrases

great white hope

Good point...

I knew I wasn't a racist because I listened to my Styx - Pieces of Eight album...;)

Why, oh why?

Focus, dear.

I'm debating with my Jillian Approved Broad Brush.

Wussumatta, no fun getting painted with the same brush you use on others?

again, dear.. if you actually read with comprehension, you'd see that you're having a different "discussion" than I am.

and you're making yourself sound really, really goofy.

unless of course, your goal is to troll... and look like you can't have a discussion... in which case, you're doing just fine.

Forum List

Back