Obama's e-mail to Supporters about Kennedy...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Jeff -- Michelle and I were heartbroken to learn this morning of the death of our dear friend, Senator Ted Kennedy. For nearly five decades, virtually every major piece of legislation to advance the civil rights, health and economic well-being of the American people bore his name and resulted from his efforts. His ideas and ideals are stamped on scores of laws and reflected in millions of lives -- in seniors who know new dignity; in families that know new opportunity; in children who know education's promise; and in all who can pursue their dream in an America that is more equal and more just, including me. In the United States Senate, I can think of no one who engendered greater respect or affection from members of both sides of the aisle. His seriousness of purpose was perpetually matched by humility, warmth and good cheer. He battled passionately on the Senate floor for the causes that he held dear, and yet still maintained warm friendships across party lines. And that's one reason he became not only one of the greatest senators of our time, but one of the most accomplished Americans ever to serve our democracy. I personally valued his wise counsel in the Senate, where, regardless of the swirl of events, he always had time for a new colleague. I cherished his confidence and momentous support in my race for the Presidency. And even as he waged a valiant struggle with a mortal illness, I've benefited as President from his encouragement and wisdom. His fight gave us the opportunity we were denied when his brothers John and Robert were taken from us: the blessing of time to say thank you and goodbye. The outpouring of love, gratitude and fond memories to which we've all borne witness is a testament to the way this singular figure in American history touched so many lives. For America, he was a defender of a dream. For his family, he was a guardian. Our hearts and prayers go out to them today -- to his wonderful wife, Vicki, his children Ted Jr., Patrick and Kara, his grandchildren and his extended family. Today, our country mourns. We say goodbye to a friend and a true leader who challenged us all to live out our noblest values. And we give thanks for his memory, which inspires us still. Sincerely, President Barack Obama

---

As it was sent... No Logos, not Pitching for Healthcare...

For the First Time since Last Year.

Thought I should Acknowledge it.

And I Believe Obama is being Sincere in this Letter.

And yes, I am Part of the Obama Campaign and have been for over a Year. ;)

Was Part of the Palin Campaign also, so don't go Makin' Assumptions...

This is Sport.

:)

peace...

Mal,

For all the shit you take by-way of people talking shit (that make sense?), at least you make attempts at being even handed. I won't claim I see it all the time, but I do like the effort.

P.S. -- Nighttrain. All I will say, is I am thankful for nighttrain. : )

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Mal,

For all the shit you take by-way of people talking shit (that make sense?), at least you make attempts at being even handed. I won't claim I see it all the time, but I do like the effort.

P.S. -- Nighttrain. All I will say, is I am thankful for nighttrain. : )

If People would Stop Looking for Reasons to Fling Shit, and Actually READ what I Write, they wouldn't be so Angry...

Some of it is just Assholes being Assholes, and others it's Longtime Beefs...

I Appreciate your Ability to Look Past it.

I have Taken Rush and Hannity to Task before, and Usually the Left Disappears when I do...

I would Expect them to Pile on, but it's Like they WANT me to be this Bastard they have Created in their Minds...

Such is.

Thanks again, GT... You are Good People.

peace...

If People would Stop Looking for Reasons to Fling Shit, and Actually READ what I Write, they wouldn't be so Angry...

Some of it is just Assholes being Assholes, and others it's Longtime Beefs...

I Appreciate your Ability to Look Past it.

I have Taken Rush and Hannity to Task before, and Usually the Left Disappears when I do...

I would Expect them to Pile on, but it's Like they WANT me to be this Bastard they have Created in their Minds...

Such is.

Thanks again, GT... You are Good People.

peace...

I can see both sides of the coin I guess.

I understand you're firm in your beliefs, and your haters in theirs, and so when you present threads with tricky wording (such as "asking a question" instead of making a declaration, with the still-appearance; however, of a declaration), people take it on as a declaration anyways and then when they put some holes in it (sometimes legitimate, sometimes false), your defense is to fall-back on how it was a question and not a declaration. A slick maneuver :lol: .

I could digg it, I guess.

I will say this: Rush and Hannity, are the epitome of a pussy, to me. I would spit in their face. Not based on views, but based on how easily I can see through people and their tactics they use are both underhanded and transparent. I only attacked them more than lefties because they're more mainstream and in people's faces. They're scum, to me. In every sense. :eek:

Thanks Tha Malcontent.

I'm glad he isn't politicizing it like Pelosi just did by changing the name of HR3200 to the Kennedy Healthcare Bill.

Too bad Obama still hasn't won back the respect he lost when he told people like me to "stop talking and get out of the way" over our opposition to what is now called the Kennedy Bill.

Thanks Tha Malcontent.

I'm glad he isn't politicizing it like Pelosi just did by changing the name of HR3200 to the Kennedy Healthcare Bill.

Too bad Obama still hasn't won back the respect he lost when he told people like me to "stop talking and get out of the way" over our opposition to what is now called the Kennedy Bill.

Pelosi did it eh?...

She is Worse than those on the Right Attacking a Dead Man...

peace...

My name at this site when I started... tha malcontent...

My name at the first site bodecea ever obsessed on me at... tha malcontent...

My name in real Life?... Jeff.

"Jeff and Tha Puppets" in bodecea's avatar/description is an official Loss of our bet by her...

Nice work Dumptruck. :rofl:

I'd suggest walking away as opposed to pushing harder...

But you never really have been very bright. :thup:

peace...

Forum List

Back