GOPer calls for a great white hope

I thought the excuse was pretty funny as well.

"There's no doubt the Republican Party has gone through some dark and challenging times in recent years, but thankfully bright young leaders have stepped up to lead the party into the future and she hopes to be a part of it. That was the intent of her comments -- nothing more and nothing less. Congresswoman Jenkins apologizes for her choice of words."

Dark and challenging times, bright young leaders...:rofl:

i have a better question... why is the repub party so tone deaf on issues of race? cause even if the comment wasn't racist, it was really dumb... and was just another in a series of comments and actions that make the party LOOK racist even if it isn't in actuality.

Why does Rev Wright speak for the entire Dem Party?

Rev. Wright? Are you talking about that guy that joined the Marines and served honorably for six years? And he transferred to the Navy Medical Corp where he was validictorian. That guy? The guy that served as part of the medical team that operated on President Johnson? That guy? The guy that recieved "three" White House commendations? Is that Rev. Wright you're talking about?

If Republicans did as much for America as Wright did, we would all be better off. So he spouts off. He earned the right protecting free speech. Republicans bring guns to rallies to scare people away from free speech. What a bunch of jerks.
LOL talk about cherry picking.

Murtha also served hnorably and look at what a clusterfuck he is now.

I guess they're just willing to call a spade a spade. ;)

i figure it's just a continuation of the southern strategy.

Here is some more strategy.

"hasn't done the spadework necessary to be president."
Which famous pantsuit wearing candidate said this?

CON$ can turn anything anyone else says into a racist statement, but nothing they say is ever racist.

The Democrat Party Uncivil War
January 14, 2008
RUSH: For all of her BS about being a victim and piling on, Obama is holding his own against both of them, doing more than his share of the "spadework," maybe even gaining ground at the moment, using not only the spade, ladies and gentlemen. But when he finishes with the spade in the garden of corruption planted by the Clintons, he turns to the hoe. So the spadework and his expertise, using a hoe. He's faring well.

Last edited:

CON$ can turn anything anyone else says into a racist statement, but nothing they say is ever racist.

The Democrat Party Uncivil War
January 14, 2008
RUSH: For all of her BS about being a victim and piling on, Obama is holding his own against both of them, doing more than his share of the "spadework," maybe even gaining ground at the moment, using not only the spade, ladies and gentlemen. But when he finishes with the spade in the garden of corruption planted by the Clintons, he turns to the hoe. So the spadework and his expertise, using a hoe. He's faring well.

:lol:

Thanks for pointing out the double standard.

You really missed my point completely.

clearly, it's a black day for the repubs.

Idioms & Phrases

great white hope

Something or someone that is expected to succeed. For example, Mark is the great white hope of the international division. This expression dates from the early 1900s, when heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson, who was black, seemed invincible and the term was used for any white opponent who might defeat him. It gained currency as the title of a Broadway play and later (1970) a film. By then it had been transferred to anyone of whom much was expected.

Great white hope Definition | Definition of Great white hope at Dictionary.com

Good point...

I knew I wasn't a racist because I listened to my Styx - Pieces of Eight album...;)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr.House again

She misspoke, she meant to say "great, bright hope"

Let's move on

it doesn't really matter what she said, every single conservative of color is treated poorly by and spoken poorly of by the democwat party, crude rude jokes have been levied at Steele and Rice and Powell. so don't let the democwats try to convince you that you are the racist. Clearly the dems are obsessed with race. Why I remember one who got his ass in a kink because some innocent referred to the "black hole" demanded an apology even. They've gone way over the top with this shit and clearly it's in the dems best interest to keep the race wars going. jeezus it's so damn obvious. "whites don do right, yellow ain't yellow" how damn low class can you get?

You take the statement of a single rep and pretend she speaks for all Republicans and you call me braindead?

If you actualy read my response, instead of engaging in the typical wingnut BS, you'd se that I did no such thing. What I said it was another in a SERIES of statements, comments and actions which make the repubs seem, minimally, tone deaf to race EVEN if they aren't racist.

When something is done over and over and over again, PERCEPTION becomes a huge problem.

Right. Because Clarence Thomas is an Uncle Tom Negro and Miguel Estrada lacked a wise Latina vagina

Let's move on

it doesn't really matter what she said, every single conservative of color is treated poorly by and spoken poorly of by the democwat party, crude rude jokes have been levied at Steele and Rice and Powell. so don't let the democwats try to convince you that you are the racist. Clearly the dems are obsessed with race. Why I remember one who got his ass in a kink because some innocent referred to the "black hole" demanded an apology even. They've gone way over the top with this shit and clearly it's in the dems best interest to keep the race wars going. jeezus it's so damn obvious. "whites don do right, yellow ain't yellow" how damn low class can you get?

Race had nothing to do with any of those three. In order:
Steele because he's a dork.
Rice because she's a liar.
Powell because he let himself get punked, and he was smart enough to know better.

Let's move on

Powell because he let himself get punked, and he was smart enough to know better.

oh really, then why the "Aunt Jemiama" "Uncle Tom" and "House *N*" and "token black" bullshit??? doyathink?

I guess they're just willing to call a spade a spade. ;)

Oh boy! Do you really want to do a comparison between "done the spadework" and "great white hope"?

Do you? This could be really fun for me....

"You Can't Shuck And Jive Your Way At A Press Conference" -- a prominent Democrat speaking on behalf of all Dems about Barack Obama

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” -- yet another prominent Democrat speaking on behalf of all Dems about Barack Obama

Why do Dems hate blacks?

Last edited:
clearly, it's a black day for the repubs.

Idioms & Phrases

great white hope

Something or someone that is expected to succeed. For example, Mark is the great white hope of the international division. This expression dates from the early 1900s, when heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson, who was black, seemed invincible and the term was used for any white opponent who might defeat him. It gained currency as the title of a Broadway play and later (1970) a film. By then it had been transferred to anyone of whom much was expected.

Great white hope Definition | Definition of Great white hope at Dictionary.com

Good point...

I knew I wasn't a racist because I listened to my Styx - Pieces of Eight album...;)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr.House again

Had already rep'd him for the Styx reference!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I hate the GOP, but the term "great white hope" is a rather common cliche. Probably not the best choice of cliches in context of the current time and events of the day, but whatever.

Why do Dems believe that white Folks greed runs a world in need?

Why do Dems believe that 9/11 was Americans Chickens coming home to roost?

Why, oh why?

A better question is why do you think that we all do?

The reason we think you all do is simply when one implies it on this board...oir on MSNBC....there is no other democrat or liberal that refutes it.

When Garofolo called tea partyers racists, I did not hear one person on the panel refute it...as an example.

When I hear on some of the conservative shows like Oreilly someone say that Obama is a marxist, I hear other republicans and conservatives refute it.

Oh boy! Do you really want to do a comparison between "done the spadework" and "great white hope"?

Do you? This could be really fun for me....

Just pointing out the double standards Bod.

I am amazed I even have to do so. But if a con had brought out the "spadework" comment, you would be in line bashing them.

:lol:

You know it and I know it.

oh really, then why the "Aunt Jemiama" "Uncle Tom" and "House *N*" and "token black" bullshit??? doyathink?

You can find all kinds of caricatures of members of both parties posted all over the Internet, you dumb shit.

Why do Dems believe that white Folks greed runs a world in need?

Why do Dems believe that 9/11 was Americans Chickens coming home to roost?

Why, oh why?

A better question is why do you think that we all do?

I'm using Jillian's Broad Brush to paint everyone.

Then use mine too.

The financial wealth of the world IS primarily run by white men. The crash of the U.S. financial institutions had a ripple effect all across the globe.

While the attack on 911 was not "deserved" (your allegation in another response), in light of all the information available to our myriad intelligence and defense and counterterror agencies, the attack certainly shouldn't have been a surprise.

Forum List

Back