GOP will ask Guiliani to Challenge Hillary

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.nytimes.com/2005/01/26/nyregion/26rudy.html?

The chairman of the New York State Republican Party said yesterday that he planned to ask for mer Mayor Rudolph W. Guiliana to run against Senator hillary Rodham Clinton in 2006, even while Mr Guiliani's camp hinted that he had no desire to take on that race.

" I think Rudy would be a great candidate for us," Mr. Munarik said. "I have not had a chat with him about it yet, but I'm going to."

Mr Guiliani, through his spokeswoman, Sunny Mindel, said "he is not even thinking about politics right now," and at least one person close to him said he had no desire to be one of 100 senators.

The Democarats have already began to rally around the state attorney general, Eliot spitzer, who has announced his plans to run for governor in 2006, and they say they ahve Mrs Clinton's assurance that she will run for re-election.....................

My question here is wouldn't it be better to save Rudy for the presidential race in 2008?

Bonnie said:
My question here is wouldn't it be better to save Rudy for the presidential race in 2008?

Running in 2006 would not prevent him running for pres in 08, regardless, I don't think his experience as mayor will help him become president - he needs a "larger" experience - Senator or Gov. first.

Not that I'd support him in any regard.

A

CivilLiberty said:
Running in 2006 would not prevent him running for pres in 08, regardless, I don't think his experience as mayor will help him become president - he needs a "larger" experience - Senator or Gov. first.

Not that I'd support him in any regard.

A

And Hillarys' experience from where gave her what she needed to become a senator from New York ?

Bonnie said:
www.nytimes.com/2005/01/26/nyregion/26rudy.html?

The chairman of the New York State Republican Party said yesterday that he planned to ask for mer Mayor Rudolph W. Guiliana to run against Senator hillary Rodham Clinton in 2006, even while Mr Guiliani's camp hinted that he had no desire to take on that race.

" I think Rudy would be a great candidate for us," Mr. Munarik said. "I have not had a chat with him about it yet, but I'm going to."

Mr Guiliani, through his spokeswoman, Sunny Mindel, said "he is not even thinking about politics right now," and at least one person close to him said he had no desire to be one of 100 senators.

The Democarats have already began to rally around the state attorney general, Eliot spitzer, who has announced his plans to run for governor in 2006, and they say they ahve Mrs Clinton's assurance that she will run for re-election.....................

No. i think he should run for Senate. he will never get elected President despite being such a great guy, but a 2006 run could effectively eliminate Hillary from the 2008 race.

No. i think he should run for Senate. he will never get elected President despite being such a great guy, but a 2006 run could effectively eliminate Hillary from the 2008 race.

Coming from someone who banked on the electorate being smart enough to rid itself of a second Clinton administration. (Now acquiescing that Clinton could NOW win another term, :banana2:

I think Hillary is a non-starter. Too many dislike her too much.

That is a good point, but most peopl who hold an office like the Senate before running for President do it mostly for the purposes fo name recognition, which I would think Rudy has a lot of at this point.

Bonnie said:
That is a good point, but most peopl who hold an office like the Senate before running for President do it mostly for the purposes fo name recognition, which I would think Rudy has a lot of at this point.

Thats besides the point. we all love Rudy but I dont think he could win the Republican Nomination because he is pro choice.

Let's just hope that enough people still have a "bad taste in their mouth".... er, you know what I mean.... and won't elect another clintoon into the White House no matter WHO runs on the Republican ticket.

Pale Rider said:
Let's just hope that enough people still have a "bad taste in their mouth".... er, you know what I mean.... and won't elect another clintoon into the White House no matter WHO runs on the Republican ticket.

"Clintoon" - LMAO!

Pale Rider said:
I agree, they think Bush wastes lots of money wait and see what she'll do.

I'm for Jeb Bush being the Republican candidate in 2008, but he wants to take some time out from politics after this second term as governor of Florida ends, so I don't think he is going to be available to run. Too bad. He would be a darn good candidate for the Republicans.

Hiliary will probably win reelection, even against Rudy

She's entrenched herself (in a way I must admit is not negative for New Yorkers or even that negative for Republicans) in NY with her impressive actions in the Senate. Its sad when she's become the voice of reason and moderation in the Democratic Party.

NATO AIR said:
Its sad when she's become the voice of reason and moderation in the Democratic Party.

Don't fall for it... it's all an act. She's a cold, calculating bitch, and know's exactly what she's doing, and right now, it's a song and dance routine for all her dough headed liberal followers, that aren't going to give shit when she goes back on everything she's said.

NATO AIR said:
Hiliary will probably win reelection, even against Rudy

She's entrenched herself (in a way I must admit is not negative for New Yorkers or even that negative for Republicans) in NY with her impressive actions in the Senate. Its sad when she's become the voice of reason and moderation in the Democratic Party.

Dude there is no way Hillary could beat Guiliani in New York. Thats his state.

I think it would be very, very close. The problem for Rudy is trying to keep far-right conservatives on board. Keep in mind he's a pro-choice, pro gay-rights, moderate gun candidate. The far-right which owns and operates the Republican Party doesn't like to support candidates that don't subscribe to their conservative social agenda. If Rudy runs, he'll be challenged in the primary but a far-right conservative. Hillary will run unopposed. I doubt if Rudy will run, I think he's more interested in being President, but because of his afformentioned social liberalism, he won't be able to get support from far-right conservatives.

acludem

acludem said:
I think it would be very, very close. The problem for Rudy is trying to keep far-right conservatives on board. Keep in mind he's a pro-choice, pro gay-rights, moderate gun candidate. The far-right which owns and operates the Republican Party doesn't like to support candidates that don't subscribe to their conservative social agenda. If Rudy runs, he'll be challenged in the primary but a far-right conservative. Hillary will run unopposed. I doubt if Rudy will run, I think he's more interested in being President, but because of his afformentioned social liberalism, he won't be able to get support from far-right conservatives.

acludem

You're right to a point, but the far right won't support Hilary Clinton either. I think the far right would support just about anybody to get her out of office.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Jimmyeatworld said:
You're right to a point, but the far right won't support Hilary Clinton either. I think the far right would support just about anybody to get her out of office.

*BINGO*

Forum List

Back