GOP wants to make the poor productive

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it.

And now, Mr. Speaker and other gentlemen, here's what needs to happen in order to achieve this very worthy goal:

• Guarantee ample funding and the most talented educators in public schools at all levels and in all neighborhoods
  • Make tuition at colleges and universities free or greatly subsidized, for those who are academically qualified and who want to pursue an economically useful degree (those who want to major in lesbian Uzbekistani basket weaving can do it on their own dime)
  • Fund a public option for universal health care
  • Regulate markets to prevent scams that discourage widespread investment
  • Rebuild the infrastructure to pave the way for faster economic development
  • Revamp the justice system so that it no longer disproportionately punishes the poor
  • Bring the percentage of incarcerated citizens back in line with the rest of the free world (jails aren't free)

You realize that NONE of the items above is a handout for lazy, irresponsible people, of course. They are simply tools for those willing to make the effort to escape poverty and be successful.

Time to put your money where your mouths are.

*this commercial break brought to you by the Federal Union of Government Employee Members-(FUGEM)

. What I said, me boy, is that like Communism, Libertarian economies are bound to fail.

dear, please say why a libertarian economy would fail or admit as a liberal you lack the IQ to do so? Notice how as a liberal you have to be directed in a conversation because you have to evade so much even to pretend you are in the conversation??

We all are just waiting for you to name one that did not. And you, comically, name the united states.

Dear, if our founders were not the closest thing to libertarians what were they???????????????? If Jefferson did not want a far smaller government than even our government in 1800 what did he want???????????????????

Notice how as a liberal you have to be directed in a conversation because you have to evade so much??

See why we are positive a liberal will be so very very slow??? What other conclusion is possible. Your constant evasions and violent personal attacks are the perfect advertisment for liberalism!
Ed, me boy, you are totally flustered. I can always tell, because your finger gets stuck on the ? key. So, you can not name an economy that is Libertarian and successful by any measurement. But you are a libertarian.
then you make the claim that the US was libertarian. Did you notice that it is not libertarian any more. And, except for you, no one believes it ever was.

So, that leaves you, ed, backing a looser. Unable to name a single successful libertarian economy. You know, one that the people of that country did not throw off the Libertarian rule. Poor oldstyle. And watch that ? key. Pushing it too hard may break your middle finger. And you need that finger, ed. So you can wave it at those you consider liberals.

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it.

And now, Mr. Speaker and other gentlemen, here's what needs to happen in order to achieve this very worthy goal:

• Guarantee ample funding and the most talented educators in public schools at all levels and in all neighborhoods
  • Make tuition at colleges and universities free or greatly subsidized, for those who are academically qualified and who want to pursue an economically useful degree (those who want to major in lesbian Uzbekistani basket weaving can do it on their own dime)
  • Revamp the justice system so that it no longer disproportionately punishes the poor
  • Bring the percentage of incarcerated citizens back in line with the rest of the free world (jails aren't free)

You realize that NONE of the items above is a handout for lazy, irresponsible people, of course. They are simply tools for those willing to make the effort to escape poverty and be successful.

*this commercial break brought to you by the Federal Union of Government Employee Members-(FUGEM)
And more proof that cons should not attempt humor.

And more proof that cons should not attempt humor.

Ha!...libs rep me for humor 2:1 over con reps.

chuckle

I am sure you believe you did. But then, you are delusional.

Show us where any of these expensive programs has resulted in national increases in educational test scores dimwit.
Well, I am sure you believe they did not. And I know you do not like spending money on education. Because it would be much better if everyone stayed ignorant, just like you.

You know what they say. Ignorance is bliss. And you are just so blissfull.

Couldn't find a single one could you? :lol: The ignorance is all you.

Show us where any of these expensive programs has resulted in national increases in educational test scores dimwit.
Well, I am sure you believe they did not. And I know you do not like spending money on education. Because it would be much better if everyone stayed ignorant, just like you.

Some how you think that I need to prove something to you. Which again proves that you are delusional. Look, you are a con. You do not believe in education. And if you have to educate, you want to educate at a very very low cost. And you do not want to use taxes to subsidize education. And you would prefer to privatize education.

So, there you go. Ignorance IS bliss. And that means, me poor ignorant con, you equal bliss.

Look, you are a con. You do not believe in education.

Aristotle, Jefferson, Smith, and Friedman did not believe in education????? Conservatism is about conservation of learned knowledge!!!

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow!!

And if you have to educate, you want to educate at a very very low cost. And you do not want to use taxes to subsidize education. And you would prefer to privatize education.

yes and exactly for the same that China just privatized its industries: so they would become 1000 times more effective!!

Its always like talking to a child when you talk to a liberal

So, there you go. Ignorance IS bliss. And that means, me poor ignorant con, you equal bliss.

Aristotle and Jefferson were ignorant for advocating freedom???

See why we say slow, so very very slow?????

Some how you think that I need to prove something to you. Which again proves that you are delusional. Look, you are a con. You do not believe in education. And if you have to educate, you want to educate at a very very low cost. And you do not want to use taxes to subsidize education. And you would prefer to privatize education.

save has all the hallmarks of a paid board troll - probably doesn't even believe half of what (s)he writes. I've had that name on ignore for a long time, and that's where it belongs.

I have a degree in education. Taught and have children who have or do teach. Education is a big deal. All three kids attended private school. Try again. By the way, the teachers all worked for far less than the salary public teachers receive. The issue its how much money you spend. As I noted, find a national program that works. You guys failed to produce one.

save has all the hallmarks of a paid board troll - probably doesn't even believe half of what (s)he writes. I've had that name on ignore for a long time, and that's where it belongs.

why not tell us what you have against liberty??

If you ignore people who are superior in debate how will you learn??

Do you ever see conservatives or libertarians who are afraid to debate??? What does that teach you??

I have a degree in education. Taught and have children who have or do teach. Education is a big deal. All three kids attended private school. Try again. By the way, the teachers all worked for far less than the salary public teachers receive. The issue its how much money you spend. As I noted, find a national program that works. You guys failed to produce one.

Got it.

Capitalism does not work when teachers are involved. Paying more does not get better teachers hired.

Or does the ability to exclude or kick kids out of a school make more of a difference? I spent time in public and private schools in the same district and think the ability to rid a school of troublemakers really helped (the private school).

There is also the fact parents who spend several grand extra on a kid's education per year probably value it more on average.

Another private school bonus is you are surrounded by kids from families with a few grand extra, so being around some success rubs off. The dregs of society have a more difficult time getting their kids in.

Don't bring up graduation rates. I know the trick about kicking non path 3rd year students out or not accepting them back before they can become non graduating 4th year students.

I am very interested in your thoughts on private school teachers vs public school ones though.

Capitalism does not work when teachers are involved.

capitalism works when parents have choices about where to buy products or where to school their kids!!

Either you are competitive every day and develop everyday descipline in you company or school or the competition eats you alive.

Got it.

Capitalism does not work when teachers are involved. Paying more does not get better teachers hired.

Or does the ability to exclude or kick kids out of a school make more of a difference? I spent time in public and private schools in the same district and think the ability to rid a school of troublemakers really helped (the private school).

There is also the fact parents who spend several grand extra on a kid's education per year probably value it more on average.

Another private school bonus is you are surrounded by kids from families with a few grand extra, so being around some success rubs off. The dregs of society have a more difficult time getting their kids in.

Don't bring up graduation rates. I know the trick about kicking non path 3rd year students out or not accepting them back before they can become non graduating 4th year students.

I am very interested in your thoughts on private school teachers vs public school ones though.

There are outstanding teachers AND students who can perform well regardless of public or private settings. We had several teachers who were not certified in the private school. I can assure you I am not rich, so private school was made possible in part by scholarships.

What I saw in private schools was this. The parents and students applied peer pressure to yield academic success. We even achieved athletic success. That I had to laugh at more than once, as public schools accused us of recruiting. Wonder how the school knew my kids were athletes in kindergarten?

In short, educational success seems to combine teachers, students, parents and a solid curriculum. If you take any one of those things out, you're in trouble.

Capitalism does not work when teachers are involved.

capitalism works beyond belief when parents have choices about where to buy products or where to buy education for their kids!!

Either you are competitive every day and develop everyday results oriented descipline in your company or school or the competition does and eats you alive.

Got it now?????

And you seem to possess all the hallmarks but the requisite intellect.

Got it.

Teacher salaries have nothing to do with capitalism. It is easier to impeach a President than fire a teacher, and if they can manage not to be indicted for a capitol crime for 20 years, they reach the top of the heap, regardless of their ability to teach and motivate children.
I have no problem paying teachers a good salary, but the salary shouldn't be based on how long they have avoided being shit canned.
Get rid of public sector unions and pay teachers based on qualifications, results and ability, if you want to see education improve.

Capitalism, as an economic concept, is irrelevant.

And...paying more in a free market labor emporium will get better labor...unless the government is defining the market.

"Monopolies is what monopolies does." (famous Forrest Gump quote)

And you would prefer to privatize education.

if its private parents control it, not liberal union thugs, and then maybe our kids would not be about the dumbest in the civilized world!

Way to defend the failed status quo!! Do you want to go back to the horse and buggy!! Thats how liberal and idiotic that status quo is.

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow!!

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it. ...

It's not too surprising to see the Republocrats agreeing on authoritarian policies. How about just letting the poor live however they want?

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it. ...

It's not too surprising to see the Republocrats agreeing on authoritarian policies. How about just letting the poor live however they want?

Wonky Pundit goes conservative and the progressives attack....this is getting interesting.

Forum List

Back