GOP wants to make the poor productive

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it. ...

It's not too surprising to see the Republocrats agreeing on authoritarian policies. How about just letting the poor live however they want?

of course the liberal is afraid to name the authortarian policies???
What does his fear tell us????

You guys get so confused outside the phony partisan junk.

dear, freedom versus government is the choice in the voting booth because it is the most fundamental choice humans beings have always faced.

Our species has made progress in proportion to the freedom we have taken from liberal government.

Is that really over your head???

dear, freedom versus government is the choice in the voting booth because it is the most fundamental choice humans beings have always faced.

Our species has made progress in proportion to the freedom we have taken from liberal government.

I have no idea. Your posts never make a lick of sense to me, so I guess it's possible.

Last edited:
Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it.

And now, Mr. Speaker and other gentlemen, here's what needs to happen in order to achieve this very worthy goal:

• Guarantee ample funding and the most talented educators in public schools at all levels and in all neighborhoods
  • Make tuition at colleges and universities free or greatly subsidized, for those who are academically qualified and who want to pursue an economically useful degree (those who want to major in lesbian Uzbekistani basket weaving can do it on their own dime)
  • Fund a public option for universal health care
  • Regulate markets to prevent scams that discourage widespread investment
  • Rebuild the infrastructure to pave the way for faster economic development
  • Revamp the justice system so that it no longer disproportionately punishes the poor
  • Bring the percentage of incarcerated citizens back in line with the rest of the free world (jails aren't free)

You realize that NONE of the items above is a handout for lazy, irresponsible people, of course. They are simply tools for those willing to make the effort to escape poverty and be successful.

Time to put your money where your mouths are.

Great post, great ideas.

I have no idea. Your posts never make a lick of sense to me, so I guess it's possible.

well why not get with your Mom or somebody and try to ask a good question??? Do you want to be a liberal all your life??

Ahhh...another bi-polar member....there are special government stipends for bipolerites.

well why not get with your Mom or somebody and try to ask a good question??? Do you want to be a liberal all your life??

You really have no idea what a liberal is, do you? Hint: Not everyone who thinks you are an idiot is a 'liberal'.

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it.

And now, Mr. Speaker and other gentlemen, here's what needs to happen in order to achieve this very worthy goal:

• Guarantee ample funding and the most talented educators in public schools at all levels and in all neighborhoods
  • Make tuition at colleges and universities free or greatly subsidized, for those who are academically qualified and who want to pursue an economically useful degree (those who want to major in lesbian Uzbekistani basket weaving can do it on their own dime)
  • Revamp the justice system so that it no longer disproportionately punishes the poor
  • Bring the percentage of incarcerated citizens back in line with the rest of the free world (jails aren't free)

You realize that NONE of the items above is a handout for lazy, irresponsible people, of course. They are simply tools for those willing to make the effort to escape poverty and be successful.

Great post, great ideas.
Wonky endorsed by Hazlnut... Classic!

Ahhh...another bi-polar member....there are special government stipends for bipolerites.

Freedom taken from government? Now that is a novel concept.

When did governments ever own freedom?

Freedom taken from government? Now that is a novel concept.

When did governments ever own freedom?

too stupid!! no one said they owned freedom, just that the progress of mankind has been in proportion to the amount of freedom held by individuals versus the amount held by government!!

The American Revolution was a revolution for freedom from government!!

Does that help you get started??

:clap2:

Bring the percentage of incarcerated citizens back in line with the rest of the free world (jails aren't free)
[/LIST]

[/QUOTE]

too stupid if liberals want folks out of jail then end the liberal welfare culture that puts them in jail!!

All you have to do is look at the difference between Red and Blue States and we can all see who is productive.

All you have to do is look at the difference between Red and Blue States and we can all see who is productive.

Yes red states are less productive economicially but they are more productive in voting for traditional values.

Yes red states are less productive economicially but they are more productive in voting for traditional values.

Ssssshhhhhh. You arent supposed to say that outloud. We all know red states are part of the old traditional valued christian slave holding south. Keep em values!

Are they really less productive though? You'd think folks would be scared into working or moving to a blue state to be taken care if.

Ssssshhhhhh. You arent supposed to say that outloud. We all know red states are part of the old traditional valued christian slave holding south. Keep em values!

too stupid!! Red states value slavery?????????????

See why we are positive liberal are slow. so very very slow.

Forum List

Back