GOP wants to appoint its own "referee" in the CBO

But.....but.....the GOP wants their own accountant....

Gerrymandering, vote theft, voter suppression ...

Once again, the only way they can win is to cheat.
Yeah keep telling yourself that. It has nothing--nothing--to do with the failed record of the Obama Administration and Congressional Democrats.

Failed? The economy is humming, health care premiium increases are at a historic low, we are finally getting out of Bush's wars and gasoline is less than $3.00 a gallon. Yes, the failed policies are just terrible. And what do you want to do? You want to return to the bad old days of a repub in the White House? PLEASE.
Oh,please. You are in LaLa Land.
Incomes are flat. Workforce participation sucks. Food stamp usage at an all time high. Unless you're part of the 1% you think the recession never ended.
As for the proposal, the GOP wisely is stepping in as the adult in the room to rein in Democrats, who have proven they cannot be trusted with any responsibility.

Yeah keep telling yourself that. It has nothing--nothing--to do with the failed record of the Obama Administration and Congressional Democrats.

Failed? The economy is humming, health care premiium increases are at a historic low, we are finally getting out of Bush's wars and gasoline is less than $3.00 a gallon. Yes, the failed policies are just terrible. And what do you want to do? You want to return to the bad old days of a repub in the White House? PLEASE.
Incomes are flat. Workforce participation sucks. Food stamp usage at an all time high. Unless you're part of the 1% you think the recession never ended.
As for the proposal, the GOP wisely is stepping in as the adult in the room to rein in Democrats, who have proven they cannot be trusted with any responsibility.
Are you going to state emphatically that the figures obtained from a GOP politicized CBO are going to be true and unbiased when you accuse democrats of doing what the GOP wants to do? It seems you are saying that.

But.....but.....the GOP wants their own accountant....

and, that chaps your ass why?
Aren't they allowed to have one. They are IN CHARGE now
Sure but to what end?

It seems that they want a CBO chief that makes the same assumptions they do such as: Deregulation and tax cuts to the wealthy creates jobs and added revenue. Somewhere in the CBO super computer is a formula, this formula is based on past data, it is simply:

X amount of tax cuts has resulted in Y amount of revenue.
or
Deregulation in a certain sector has resulted in X number of jobs.

I added the emphasis on has to illustrate the difference. Republicans want to change "has" to "will" based on economic dogma and their best hopes. Look up the word "empiricist" it is the main quality required of a CBO head, if a CBO chief is basing his reports on the best hopes of the members of congress and economic prophesy rather than past performance of the economy we are going to have a deficit explosion.

Last edited:

Are you going to state emphatically that the figures obtained from a GOP politicized CBO are going to be true and unbiased when you accuse democrats of doing what the GOP wants to do? It seems you are saying that.
You're not getting it.
The Democrats figured out how to game the CBO system to produce the results they wanted. The GOP wants to stop anyone from being able to do that.

You're not getting it.
The Democrats figured out how to game the CBO system to produce the results they wanted. The GOP wants to stop anyone from being able to do that.
I get it alright, you think the GOP is honest with their facts and figures, what a laugh. I have no such illusions about the democrats but I am not so sure democrats are doing as you say. From what I can see it seems the CBO has not been doing a bad job, it's just that their numbers do not agree with republican assumptions of how the economy works.

You're not getting it.
I get it alright, you think the GOP is honest with their facts and figures, what a laugh. I have no such illusions about the democrats but I am not so sure democrats are doing as you say. From what I can see it seems the CBO has not been doing a bad job, it's just that their numbers do not agree with republican assumptions of how the economy works.
You ae ignorant, partisan, and stupid. This is the problem.
Jonathan Gruber admitted that was exactly wha tthe Democrats were doing--gaiming the CBO's rules to produce the results they wanted. What part of that did you miss?

You're not getting it.
Jonathan Gruber admitted that was exactly wha tthe Democrats were doing--gaiming the CBO's rules to produce the results they wanted. What part of that did you miss?
The part where you prove that a politicized republican ideologue as CBO chief is better than what we have now. Instead of just saying that guy has to go tell us how some supply-side free.market true believer is going to be objective and non-partisan.

You're not getting it.
The part where you prove that a politicized republican ideologue as CBO chief is better than what we have now. Instead of just saying that guy has to go tell us how some supply-side free.market true believer is going to be objective and non-partisan.
That wasnt part of what I wrote. That was a deflection.
So, gut check time: Do you agree that Democrats gamed the CBO system to produce the results they wanted?

You're not getting it.
There is no 'better'.

Even if the person chosen by the new Congress was better, you'd never admit to it.

What is needed is 'honest'....

We have neither, and we'll get neither from either side.

You're not getting it.
So, gut check time: Do you agree that Democrats gamed the CBO system to produce the results they wanted?
No I do not agree, I said it clearly earlier. Now tell me how letting the GOP game the supposedly non-partisan CBO is a better thing? If I were picking a chief it would be the most painfully autistic, compulsive bean counter imaginable and not some guy who tells the party in power what they want to hear. Why do you want that?

So you deny that our national debt is $18 trillion, and that more than half that debt was incurred by the little idiot whose arithmetic grades are a national secret?

Actually, it's 1/3. Don't spout blatant lies to make Obama look bad. It just makes the Democrats stronger.

You're not getting it.
No I do not agree, I said it clearly earlier.
OK, that was a clear answer.
Now, why do you not agree? Because we have a tape of Gruber saying that is exactly what they did.

Forum List

Back