GOP Vows To Stay The Party of Obstruction!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dante, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    It appears the GOP will do anything they think they can just to hurt the Democrats, even if it means more Americans without health care and Americans going bankrupt because of medical expenses.

I am starting to think the current GOP is so lustful of power, they would push American over a cliff just to get a taste of power back.

Can fascism be far behind if they ever win power back?

2. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    No, but the Republicans will continue to fight against unconstitutional Bills and the Arm twisting and what should be considered illegal backroom deals that the Democrats made just to get this train wreck passed. But don't worry there is enough opposition to it that it will never fly.

McCollum plans to fight health care bill in court - South Florida Business Journal:

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum said Monday that he and the attorneys general of nine other states plan to file a lawsuit Tuesday in an effort to block the landmark health care legislation passed by Congress.

The lawsuit, he said, will be filed as soon as President Barack Obama signs the bill into law.

And that is only the beginning.

3. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    "to fight against unconstitutional Bills and the Arm twisting and what should be considered illegal backroom deals..."

"should be?" according to whom?

you would never have supported the new US Constitution over teh Articles of Confederation. What kind of an American are you?

:(

4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,048
    FYI no one is saying people shouldn't have access to health care and BTW everyone does.

The issue is does the government have the right to force so called free citizens to buy a specific type of policy?

5. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Good!

I am thrilled to death that they plan to stand and fight against further governmental intrusions against our freedoms. Someone has to do it and if the Republicans should ever get in power again, I pray to God that the Democrats will promise to do the same thing.

We can't trust either party. We need the other party to offset shit like this.

Immie

6. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    I still wonder when or what they are going to do about Tricare. Now it doesn't count as a "Qualified" Insurance policy. So our military must now purchase additional insurance. And Military retirees will have to purchase supplements. I wonder if Medicare even qualifies?

7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    jesus, we are all adults here. We know how to read between the lines. We listen to talk radio and watch Cable tv. We are capable of interpreting all the winks and nods.

The GOP has a-l-w-a-y-s been anti medicare and anti Social Security.

The GOP has now stumbled on a way to scare the heck out of seniors and the disabled with cries of saving ss and medicare.

shameless

:evil:

8. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    Are you that far gone that you don't understand what this Bill did to 100's of thousands of Seniors? How many used to have Medicare Advantage? You do understand that they can no longer have this? A plan that used to save them lots of Dollars. My father was on it himself up until he was murdered last August. And all you see is Republican fear mongering? Fool the bill killed a very popular medical insurance program, one that many Senior Citizens relied on. And you think they will all forget this?

9. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    No. They plan to stand and fight against what they consider to be governmental intrusions. Or lest you forget who created the Patriot Act, FISA, and a mess of other things that take away our civil liberties? :eusa_eh:

Edit: And yes, I understand the rest of your post before you ask. I'm just sayin.

10. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,048
    We'd all be better off without SS

I've crunched the numbers many times here and no matter how you slice it 45 years of saving 15% of your own money in a privately held account is always the best option.