GOP sure gets dumber by the moment

Most of the conservatives I know want to win and do not care anymore about gay marriage or this new law.
They want to win.

The conservative right wing has demonized homosexuality for centuries in America.

It is time they stopped and followed Jesus on the issue, who never said anything about it.

Get a bible.

Yes he did...

LEVITICUS 20:13-- If a man has sexual relations with a man, as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death: their blood will be on their own heads.

You're a CHRISTIANS, right, Geaux?

But apparently not Christian enough to know the difference between the OLD TESTAMENT and the New Testament.

:lol:

Stop embarrassing MY religion by pretending YOU are a Christan, okay?

Me and JESUS thank you in advance.

The conservative right wing has demonized homosexuality for centuries in America.

It is time they stopped and followed Jesus on the issue, who never said anything about it.

Get a bible.

Yes he did...

LEVITICUS 20:13-- If a man has sexual relations with a man, as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death: their blood will be on their own heads.

That is Old Testament. You might also look at the number of other 'laws' that there are in the Old Testament. Almost all of which are totally ignored today.

One of my long time clients is a gay lawyer in Atlanta, Ga. I met Jimmy years ago when he worked for Alston & Bird, a law firm with offices all over the planet with over 100 lawyers in Atlanta alone.
Jimmy has been in the Log Cabin Republicans for years and is a fiscal conservative owning part of a nice restaurant in Buckhead.
He tells me young gays are split on politics with many wanting to vote Republican but the gay boogeyman issue holds them back.
Sports fans, this is the deep south here but us red necks can wade through the BS to see that these gay folks really are no different than us other conservatives except they happen to fall in love with people of the same sex and want committed relationships with them.
I guess I am a little different as I played sports for many years at a time when I started very young integration happened. I was fortunate that my mother was from up state NY with Quaker background and she met my Dad before the big war in NC in 1941. The rest is history.
My point is the gay issue will haunt the GOP and will be used against them until they change their platform. I hate to lose. It is 4th and 1 and I want to run wham it zero on set power split 3 pull inside on ready for 6 and win.

Hey, this is 2013. No one gives a shit if someone is gay. They do give a shit if it gets waved in their face or they are told they are mean bigoted hate mongers because they teach their kids that homosexuality is contrary to their religious beliefs.
Gays are among the biggest bigots out there.

Explain specifically how someone waves in your face they are gay.
I have been called names all my life, shot at, beat up, got worn out by 300 lb lineman for 4 quarters.
Who gives a shit if they are called names?
It is only when folks use their religious beliefs to support discrimination that draws the line.
If you do that then you should expect opposition and possibly name calling.

Most of the conservatives I know want to win and do not care anymore about gay marriage or this new law.
They want to win.

Most conservatives want to win, and to govern effectively. Most 'Conservatives' want to make a point, then sit back and mutter about Second Amendment solutions.

Friend of mine Vike who is retired Army says it like this:
"40 years from now everyone will look back and say how stupid it was to support discrimination against gay folks because they claim the Bible says so"
Just like gays in the military has caused little to no additional problems giving gays rights will cause little to no problems.
But most importantly is my main point, will run off Democrats and get fiscal conservatives in office.
But some folks are more worried about being called names than winning elections.

Get a bible.

Yes he did...

That is Old Testament. You might also look at the number of other 'laws' that there are in the Old Testament. Almost all of which are totally ignored today.

Matthew 19:4-5 -- 4"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Matthew 19:1-8
King James Version (KJV)
19 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;

2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Last edited:
No, I did NOT say I worked in insurance.

I said that the insurance company that underwrote my company at my last job (a packaging distributor) insisted that the company fire people who had serious medical issues. Which I had in 2007.

Seriously, Double Wide, if your reading comprehension is this low, I just don't know what do do for you.

You are lying.
You said you knew how insurance worked, you worked in the industry for years .

You can't remember the lies you told!!
You still haven't provided the post you allege I made, the one that don't exist!!
Fucking liar.

That's a lie. An absolute, bald-faced fucking lie.

If you can prove that, I will OWN that Insurance Company. But you can't.... Because you are a bald-faced fucking lying piece of shit.

I'm talking to joe!!
Not you.
Or are you the same person?

True but everyone did including Democrats did also for most of that time.

Including.......*clears throat*.....Barack Obama. Up until last year right before the election. The only people that seemed surprised was low-information Dem voters.

Sure, there are going to be lawsuits in this.
WELL DUH!
How else does someone that is being discriminated against seek equity other than filing a law suit when a law has been violated?

Didnt you post earlier that the lawsuit argument was a red herring? Make up your mind.

One of my long time clients is a gay lawyer in Atlanta, Ga. I met Jimmy years ago when he worked for Alston & Bird, a law firm with offices all over the planet with over 100 lawyers in Atlanta alone.
Jimmy has been in the Log Cabin Republicans for years and is a fiscal conservative owning part of a nice restaurant in Buckhead.
He tells me young gays are split on politics with many wanting to vote Republican but the gay boogeyman issue holds them back.
Sports fans, this is the deep south here but us red necks can wade through the BS to see that these gay folks really are no different than us other conservatives except they happen to fall in love with people of the same sex and want committed relationships with them.
I guess I am a little different as I played sports for many years at a time when I started very young integration happened. I was fortunate that my mother was from up state NY with Quaker background and she met my Dad before the big war in NC in 1941. The rest is history.
My point is the gay issue will haunt the GOP and will be used against them until they change their platform. I hate to lose. It is 4th and 1 and I want to run wham it zero on set power split 3 pull inside on ready for 6 and win.

Hey, this is 2013. No one gives a shit if someone is gay. They do give a shit if it gets waved in their face or they are told they are mean bigoted hate mongers because they teach their kids that homosexuality is contrary to their religious beliefs.
Gays are among the biggest bigots out there.

Explain specifically how someone waves in your face they are gay.
I have been called names all my life, shot at, beat up, got worn out by 300 lb lineman for 4 quarters.
Who gives a shit if they are called names?
It is only when folks use their religious beliefs to support discrimination that draws the line.
If you do that then you should expect opposition and possibly name calling.

It happens on this board all the time.
There have been numerous links on this very thread of gays suing providers for refusing to cater to them.
The essence of religion is discrimination, between right and wrong. Your argument is that name calling doesnt matter and if you stand up for your beliefs you'll be called names. That's nonsense.

Lisa Howe was local so I am sort of familiar with the case. She was fired (or left or whatever) because she lied on her job application. Yes, lying will get you fired.
The others probably the same.
But here we see exactly the problem with ENDA: no matter what a gay does, when they get fired it will solely for being gay. And that will action a suit.

No you aren't even "sort of" familiar. You heard some right wing spin and latched on like the bigot you are.

Belmont gets it all wrong in ousting woman's soccer coach Lisa Howe

If it was for lying, you'd think the school's official statement on the issue would say so.

I was right. Some editorial in a sports magazine doesnt really trump my familiarity with the case.
And your typical accusations of bigotry illustrate why gays will ultimately be revealed as the bullies and bigots they truly are.

Evidence she was fired for lying? You've provided none other than your opinion.

Friend of mine Vike who is retired Army says it like this:
"40 years from now everyone will look back and say how stupid it was to support discrimination against gay folks because they claim the Bible says so"
Just like gays in the military has caused little to no additional problems giving gays rights will cause little to no problems.
But most importantly is my main point, will run off Democrats and get fiscal conservatives in office.
But some folks are more worried about being called names than winning elections.

Geezus, you're like some old codger who has a story for every occasion. Who gives a shit what your client in Atlanta thinks? WHo gives a shit what your butt buddy Vike thinks?
Gays in the military has created tremendous problems. Look at the rate of sexual harassment claims. A lot of it is gay.
Running on gay rights will alienate the Christian and family oriented voters in the party. And those people show up to vote.

It's a breathless attempt by desperate Democrats to bring back their voters.

They need something to counter the ruin they're bringing upon us.

Nope. Has nothing to do with Dem voters and everything to do with another picture being painted of an out of touch House of Representatives. Of course, they couldn't paint the picture if the House GOP wasn't so out of touch and out of step.

Poll: Big support for anti-discrimination law

Isn't that an example of creating something out of nothing?

That is what painting a picture is.

Reality may be totally out of touch with the picture you created. Painting an abstract rather than an impressionistic picture so to speak.

Something that is an accurate depiction rather than a distortion of the truth?

56% of Republicans polled support ENDA. The House won't even put it up for a vote. That spells out of touch (and stupid)

The "strict conservative base" under Barry Goldwater stuck up their middle finger and publicly said "FUCK YOU" to the religious right.
Back when Republicans had balls.
They are now a bunch of milk weak pussies waving Bibles around.

So, because you are an anti-religious zealot, you feel anyone who is not is a "bunch of milk weak pussies". Although you're at the other end of the spectrum, you have a lot in common with the Taliban. They also are zealots who vilify and condemn those who don't agree with them.

[

You are lying.

You still haven't provided the post you allege I made, the one that don't exist!!
Fucking liar.

Double Wide, be happy to watch you post the link to where I said I worked "in insurance".

Now I probably did say I knew how insurance worked, because I've had to DEAL with them when I was being cured of Republicanism and a few things they balked at paying for.

Which is to say, it doesn't.

No, I did NOT say I worked in insurance.

I said that the insurance company that underwrote my company at my last job (a packaging distributor) insisted that the company fire people who had serious medical issues. Which I had in 2007.

Seriously, Double Wide, if your reading comprehension is this low, I just don't know what do do for you.

You are lying.

Fucking liar.

That's a lie. An absolute, bald-faced fucking lie.

If you can prove that, I will OWN that Insurance Company. But you can't.... Because you are a bald-faced fucking lying piece of shit.

Guy, you'd be the last person I'd hire as a lawyer... you barely sound like your sane here, I could imagine what would happen if you had to deal with something more complicated than helping someone close on their house.

But, yeah, that's pretty much what happened. Can I prove it? Meh, not without tons of discovery and shit. But this company ROUTINELY fired people who got sick, required operations or got pregnant. That's how they rolled.

Forum List

Back