GOP sure gets dumber by the moment

The problem is the far rightwingers that refuse to vote for anyone who's wishy-washy on abortion. All a dick like Obama has to do to take votes from a Republican is claim that he at one time was supporting abortion. After that he's toast.

It's gotten pretty bad where everything you do or didn't do can be used against you by lying pricks like Obama that seem to be able to find out everything about you.

NSA, thanks alot.

Well, no - It's not anywhere near as simple as that.

Most people don't even know enough about the political process or the candidates to even make a well reasoned decision when it comes to pulling the lever.

When a guy like Romney gets the nod, he has so much sucking up to do that he becomes a watered-down version of himself and folks have no clue where he stands, His Romneycare was one of the models for Obamacare, but rather then slap his party and say "look, it really isn't that bad, quit making a big deal out of nothing!" he rushes to trash it.

If he had just ran on what he really thought was best for America, he might have had a chance.
Well, when the radical far Right of your party has you in a death vice-grip, what else do you expect from a sap like Romney?

It's Party over country with today's Republicans.

Every. last. one of these bastards.

You're thinking Democrats.

All we want at this point is for DC to leave us alone and not have to deal with their nonsense 24/7, 365.

Until I can fire someone for being Christian, they shouldn't be able to fire me for being gay.

Religiion is protected by the 1A. Gay is not.
See the difference?

Actually that is incorrect. It's not the 1st Amendment that protects a Christian from being fired, it's employment non discrimination laws like the ENDA.

Why would you want to fire someone for being gay?

Bingo! You've got it! No one wants to fire anyone for being gay. Ergo the law in unnecessary.

Ah, but they do. People hide their orientation at work all the time for fear of being fired. Either remove ALL employment non discrimination laws or pass ENDA.

No one gets fired for being gay. Sorry. They might get fired for sexually harassing a coworker. They might get fired for creating an unpleasant atmosphere at work. They might get fired for being incompetent. Or for insubordination. And all of those reasons are fine. But if we pass the Trial Lawyers' Jobs Act, aka ENDA, then it will only be because they were gay.
Personally I am against all interference with the employer-employee relationship. But this isnt law yet. Nor will it be.

Bingo! You've got it! No one wants to fire anyone for being gay. Ergo the law in unnecessary.

Ah, but they do. People hide their orientation at work all the time for fear of being fired. Either remove ALL employment non discrimination laws or pass ENDA.

No one gets fired for being gay. Sorry. They might get fired for sexually harassing a coworker. They might get fired for creating an unpleasant atmosphere at work. They might get fired for being incompetent. Or for insubordination. And all of those reasons are fine. But if we pass the Trial Lawyers' Jobs Act, aka ENDA, then it will only be because they were gay.
Personally I am against all interference with the employer-employee relationship. But this isnt law yet. Nor will it be.

Bullshit. People have been and are fired when their orientation is discovered.

There are Federal workplace protections that prevent an employer from firing someone based on their race, religion, gender and country of origin. Either eliminate those laws or pass ENDA. If I can't fire someone for their religion, they shouldn't be able to fire me for my sexual orientation.

You Maddow leeches crack me up. So ok, there's stupid freedom, or there's no freedom. I'll take stupid republicans over leftist control any day of the week.
LOL!!!
:lol: :lol:

Hey buddy, what's "stupid freedom?"

Can you define that for me?

The thuggistic TeaPoCrap Party of the far right is not the Republican Party.

It doesn't count as thuggery when someone says to you in a tweet they want to muss your hair, okay?

Besides, the only thing NEUTRAL observers say about the Tea Partiers is that they are not a group associated with violence, law breaking, vile acts of desecration or whatever goes on courtesy of the Occupy movement.

The entrenched members of Congress in BOTH parties are going to be in for a fight of their political careers to win re-election if they supported Obama.

The Tea Party's message is resonating with the people!
When a defense of the Tea Party includes a bash of The Occupy Movement, NEUTRAL is the last thing to call it.

Bullshit. People have been and are fired when their orientation is discovered.

There are Federal workplace protections that prevent an employer from firing someone based on their race, religion, gender and country of origin. Either eliminate those laws or pass ENDA. If I can't fire someone for their religion, they shouldn't be able to fire me for my sexual orientation.

Because you say so, yeah.

The two are not related at all. They actually have nothing to do with each other. There is no reason to pass this crap other than to affirm homosexuals' view of themselves as victims. And give lawyers something else to sue over.
Flush it.

I'm not a Paul follower, but I think a privately-owned business should be able to deny service to anyone for any reason. And, since I'm not an absolutist, I can see exceptions being made for emergency rooms. But a florist or a restaurant? You bet.

If that denial exposes that business owner as a bigot or a racist or whatever, fine. Then I'll know not to do business with them.

That's a nation run by the majority.

AKA...mob rule.

We're a nation run by laws.

You know this.

Totally agree but why do I continuously hear "the majority want government health care" argument with Obamacare.
Their entire premise is this is what the majority want and need.
Actually, you're describing the past and current response from the Right.

Yes, the majority DOES want Obamacare, however, above and beyond that fact, it has been passed as a LAW. Yet, the Right still refers to it and treats it as if it were some BILL. Yet and still, the Right is trying to ignore it and/or tear it down...a LAW passed a long time ago at this point.

They've wasted much time and money in Congress now attacking it, 43 or so times trying to vote it down and going as far as shutting down government, to the loss of 23 billion to attack this LAW.

You need to get the message to your friends on the Right...We're a nation of laws, not men.

That's a nation run by the majority.

AKA...mob rule.

We're a nation run by laws.

You know this.

Totally agree but why do I continuously hear "the majority want government health care" argument with Obamacare.
Their entire premise is this is what the majority want and need.
Actually, you're describing the past and current response from the Right.

Yes, the majority DOES want Obamacare, however, above and beyond that fact, it has been passed as a LAW. Yet, the Right still refers to it and treats it as if it were some BILL. Yet and still, the Right is trying to ignore it and/or tear it down...a LAW passed a long time ago at this point.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Obamacare opposed by majority in every poll.
Oops.

It's the LAW Rabbi.

Whoops!!!

shutterstock_3151446.jpg

So since no one gets fired for being gay you support a law that bans firing based on sexual orientation so that if it did happen you would want those gays to have legal remedies.
Welcome aboard.

Forum List

Back