GOP spends $178,000,000.00 to save $60,000 on Florida drug tests for welfare

Yep, we should drug test the boardmembers, CEOs & Stockholders of corporations on the dole to insure the safetynet isn't a hammock. And the heads of foreign countrys like Isreal that have been on the dole for centurys. And the presidental candidates who get government funded campaign financing.
What did they do wrong? Nothing. The ones on the dole have NOTHING to fear if they pass operation goldenflow.

And I would LOVE to embellish it by sending those ON the dole to the sides of the roads around here cleaning up...at least thier conscience would be clear that they actually worked for what the TAXPAYER gave them.

I think it's fair.

Who said they did anything wrong? That is the problem isn't it? We should come over and check your family members and you for syphilis and make you pay for the tests. If you haven't got the crotch rot and done anything wrong you get your money back.:lol:
Dumbass. People whom are paying the fucking bills are demanding that thier coerced dollars aren't being poured down a dark hole toward subhuman creeps that aren't leeches on society.

Ever watched an episode of 'COPS'?

Today is another day people. Don't tell me you still don't understand that 178 MILLION is the cost of the "piss for bucks" program in Florida? Welfare costs are billions NOT millions.
And WHY are welfare costs 'BILLIONS'? It adds to the deficit of TRILLIONS tht we don't have doesn't it?

You are pathetic Deany...you want people given money off the backs of others with NO strings.

*WRONG ANSWER*

The people that PAY the fucking bill off thier sweat equity should demand NO LESS than to scrutinize those on the dole to ensure that the safety net isn't a fucking hammock.

Yep, we should drug test the boardmembers, CEOs & Stockholders of corporations on the dole to insure the safetynet isn't a hammock. And the heads of foreign countrys like Isreal that have been on the dole for centurys. And the presidental candidates who get government funded campaign financing.

Like obama the coke head?

What did they do wrong? Nothing. The ones on the dole have NOTHING to fear if they pass operation goldenflow.

And I would LOVE to embellish it by sending those ON the dole to the sides of the roads around here cleaning up...at least thier conscience would be clear that they actually worked for what the TAXPAYER gave them.

I think it's fair.

Who said they did anything wrong? That is the problem isn't it? We should come over and check your family members and you for syphilis and make you pay for the tests. If you haven't got the crotch rot and done anything wrong you get your money back.:lol:
Dumbass. People whom are paying the fucking bills are demanding that thier coerced dollars aren't being poured down a dark hole toward subhuman creeps that aren't leeches on society.

He's probably been featured on several.

He's probably been featured on several.
Wouldn't suprise me since he is a UNION THUG.

But at least 1,000 welfare applicants took the drug tests through mid-August, according to the department, which expects at least 1,500 applicants to take the tests monthly.

Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com

rdean-
Sorry, but I see a bit of a problem here.
I have highlighted the problem in green.

Now, do you have any info on current beneficiaries as your thread title alludes to?
Thanks in advance :)

But at least 1,000 welfare applicants took the drug tests through mid-August, according to the department, which expects at least 1,500 applicants to take the tests monthly.

Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com

rdean-
Sorry, but I see a bit of a problem here.

Now, do you have any info on current beneficiaries as your thread title alludes to?

So the numbers could indicate that certain drug users are not even applying because they know they would fail the tests.......

but at least 1,000 welfare applicants took the drug tests through mid-august, according to the department, which expects at least 1,500 applicants to take the tests monthly.

welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | tbo.com

rdean-
sorry, but i see a bit of a problem here.

so the numbers could indicate that certain drug users are not even applying because they know they would fail the tests.......

^this^

I have to admit i never read rdeans links until just now.

It's a fucking blog!

And the very first words in the story this Blogger is telling are "Billionaire-asshole-governor Rick Scott"

Do I really need to point out the bias that makes anything else said null and void?

It's a fucking blog!

And the very first words in the story this Blogger is telling are "Billionaire-asshole-governor Rick Scott"

Do I really need to point out the bias that makes anything else said null and void?

What's amusing is that you probably read more of that blog than Rdean did. I think he reads the headlines of most of his source material and then calls it a day.

It's a fucking blog!

What's amusing is that you probably read more of that blog than Rdean did. I think he reads the headlines of most of his source material and then calls it a day.

Well, come on. Soros is probably paying RDean by the post... He doesn't actually have time to READ any of this shit...

It's a fucking blog!

Not to mention that, it you actually look at the news stories, they put the expense at less than the savings. Barely, it is true, but it actually makes money on paper.

Welfare drug-test savings look iffy | TBO.com

You will also note that the cost is no where near the number rdean imagines.

[T]he low drug test fail-rate undercuts another of his arguments: That people on welfare are more likely to use drugs.

More than once, Scott publicly has said that people on welfare use drugs at a higher rate than the rest of the population. The 2 percent drug test fail-rate seen by DCF, however, does not bear that out.

"This is just punishing people for being poor, which is one of our main points," he said. "We're not testing the population at-large that receives government money; we're not testing people on scholarships or state contractors. So why these people? It's obvious: because they're poor."

Clearly the drug-testing plan is based on social conservative policy, not an effort to save tax dollars. As noted, it’s an effort to punish or discourage those in need from applying for benefits they have a right to apply for.
Scott's office did not respond to a request for comment.

I’m sure it didn’t.

As with most conservatives Scott based his ‘argument’ on rightist dogma, not the facts.

[T]he low drug test fail-rate undercuts another of his arguments: That people on welfare are more likely to use drugs.

More than once, Scott publicly has said that people on welfare use drugs at a higher rate than the rest of the population. The 2 percent drug test fail-rate seen by DCF, however, does not bear that out.

"This is just punishing people for being poor, which is one of our main points," he said. "We're not testing the population at-large that receives government money; we're not testing people on scholarships or state contractors. So why these people? It's obvious: because they're poor."

Clearly the drug-testing plan is based on social conservative policy, not an effort to save tax dollars. As noted, it’s an effort to punish or discourage those in need from applying for benefits they have a right to apply for.
Scott's office did not respond to a request for comment.

I’m sure it didn’t.

As with most conservatives Scott based his ‘argument’ on rightist dogma, not the facts.

But amazingly enough...it DOES save tax dollars. Kind of blows the OP'ers "argument" right out of the water, doesn't it? But you guys don't want to discuss that...do you? Oh, no...you want to discuss "rightist dogma". You want to discuss some vague notion like "rightist dogma" because discussing facts doesn't work very well for progressives these days.

They seriously believe that druggies have a right to get stoned/high on the publics dime.

I think it's more along the lines that the more people they have employed by government or dependent on government for their livlihood, the more power they will have.

This is probably a worst case, because these people are actually being harmed by their dependence...

Uncle Enabler isn't doing these druggies any favors.

Today is another day people. Don't tell me you still don't understand that 178 MILLION is the cost of the "piss for bucks" program in Florida? Welfare costs are billions NOT millions.

Wrong again poncho, but thanks for playing.

Republicans think that welfare costs for the entire state of Florida is 178 million dollars.

Fucking HILARIOUS.

Wrong again poncho, but thanks for playing.

Republicans think that welfare costs for the entire state of Florida is 178 million dollars.

Fucking HILARIOUS.

What's hilarious is that YOU thought the cost of the testing program was 178 million dollars. Doh!!!

Keep trying to dig yourself out of this stupid string, Sparky...every time you bump it...it just keeps on showing you for the uneducated hack that you are.

Forum List

Back