GOP spends $178,000,000.00 to save $60,000 on Florida drug tests for welfare

What’s more, the Florida law is actually costing rather than saving the state money. Only 2 percent of welfare recipients actually failed the drug tests, which means Florida will reimburse the 96 percent of recipients the $30 for the drug test. Florida will now owe “about $28,800 – $43,200 monthly in reimbursements.”

Ohio state Rep. Tim Grendell (R) said today that he will introduce legislation requiring Ohioans in need of unemployment benefits, welfare, or other government aid to take a drug test first. Patterned on Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s (R) new law, the bill, Grendell says, will force those seeking state aid “to pay for the drug tests” upfront — a payment that would only be repaid “if they pass.”

Ohio GOP Rep. Wants Drug Tests For Anyone Who Seeks Unemployment Benefits

Only 2 Percent of Florida Welfare Applicants Fail Drug Test

Alabama's Republican lawmakers are pushing to require people who apply for welfare to take drug tests, like Florida just has.

OUR VIEW: If the idea is to protect taxpayer dollars, why limit drug testing only to those who apply for welfare? | al.com

------------------------------------------------------

Look at that. The idea is so bad and so stupid, other Republicans are rushing to do the SAME DAMN THING. Hilarious! And they wonder why I'm critical of Republicans. They probably had a "gut feeling". Or looked at a tree.

But why stop at lawmakers? Why not test everyone who receives state taxpayer dollars, from other elected officials, to state agency employees and schoolteachers, to those who garner state contracts and tax incentives? That's the only way taxpayers can be sure they're not helping fund somebody's drug habit.

Hmmm, why not drug test those getting a tax refund and make them pay for it out of their return. If they don't pass it means they earned their money illegally, maybe selling drugs, so confisticate their tax returns. If they pass the test, they are reimbursed the costs of the test, but not the time off from work or mileage to go get tested.

Last edited:
Today is another day people. Don't tell me you still don't understand that 178 MILLION is the cost of the "piss for bucks" program in Florida? Welfare costs are billions NOT millions.

178 million ISN'T the cost of the "piss for bucks" program...idiot child. You STILL don't get it...do you?

Admit it...you started a string based on something you sort of read but really didn't understand from one of your usual pathetic sites.

Today is another day people. Don't tell me you still don't understand that 178 MILLION is the cost of the "piss for bucks" program in Florida? Welfare costs are billions NOT millions.
And WHY are welfare costs 'BILLIONS'? It adds to the deficit of TRILLIONS tht we don't have doesn't it?

You are pathetic Deany...you want people given money off the backs of others with NO strings.

*WRONG ANSWER*

The people that PAY the fucking bill off thier sweat equity should demand NO LESS than to scrutinize those on the dole to ensure that the safety net isn't a fucking hammock.

Yep, we should drug test the boardmembers, CEOs & Stockholders of corporations on the dole to insure the safetynet isn't a hammock. And the heads of foreign countrys like Isreal that have been on the dole for centurys. And the presidental candidates who get government funded campaign financing.

I hope Ohio does start Drug testing people who want free money.

Last time I heard a number the nearest city had 57% of the population on some type of Government assistance. I'm quite certain that more than 2% of them would fail a drug test. Fact is I find it next to impossible to believe that any random group in the USA today would only have 2% fail a drug test. Just the people on USMB it would have to be at least 40%.....

Speaking of usb, we should drug test people who own homes and get a tax write off because of it.

Last time I heard a number the nearest city had 57% of the population on some type of Government assistance. I'm quite certain that more than 2% of them would fail a drug test. Fact is I find it next to impossible to believe that any random group in the USA today would only have 2% fail a drug test. Just the people on USMB it would have to be at least 40%.....

Speaking of usb, we should drug test people who own homes and get a tax write off because of it.

So this is where you ran to after that ass whooping I gave you in the "Walker Prayed for Rain' thread? :rofl:

pussy!

I ditto SFC's call. If YOU are gonna BE on the DOLE? No drugs...if you are? NO money.

It is the right of the taxpayer to demand it.

LOL! The taxpayer has no right clueless.
Isee. They have NO right to voice themselves on how thier money is spent?

Are you real or a bad Memorex dub of a Liberal jackass?

Only through a representative. You know the drill asshat. Your right ends at the voters booth.

Last edited:
And WHY are welfare costs 'BILLIONS'? It adds to the deficit of TRILLIONS tht we don't have doesn't it?

You are pathetic Deany...you want people given money off the backs of others with NO strings.

*WRONG ANSWER*

The people that PAY the fucking bill off thier sweat equity should demand NO LESS than to scrutinize those on the dole to ensure that the safety net isn't a fucking hammock.

Yep, we should drug test the boardmembers, CEOs & Stockholders of corporations on the dole to insure the safetynet isn't a hammock. And the heads of foreign countrys like Isreal that have been on the dole for centurys. And the presidental candidates who get government funded campaign financing.
What did they do wrong? Nothing. The ones on the dole have NOTHING to fear if they pass operation goldenflow.

And I would LOVE to embellish it by sending those ON the dole to the sides of the roads around here cleaning up...at least thier conscience would be clear that they actually worked for what the TAXPAYER gave them.

I think it's fair.

So this is where you ran to after that ass whooping I gave you in the "Walker Prayed for Rain' thread? :rofl:

pussy!

I get tired of talking to idiots like you, vaginal drip.

*WRONG ANSWER*

What did they do wrong? Nothing. The ones on the dole have NOTHING to fear if they pass operation goldenflow.

And I would LOVE to embellish it by sending those ON the dole to the sides of the roads around here cleaning up...at least thier conscience would be clear that they actually worked for what the TAXPAYER gave them.

I think it's fair.

Who said they did anything wrong? That is the problem isn't it? We should come over and check your family members and you for syphilis and make you pay for the tests. If you haven't got the crotch rot and done anything wrong you get your money back.:lol:

Last edited:

pussy!

I get tired of talking to idiots like you, vaginal drip.

Translation: "I failed as a man and as a UNION creep*...I'm going to sell AMWAY.

ROFLMFAO128402392926276250.jpg

Forum List

Back