GOP Senators claim to be fighting Barrack "Adolf Hitler" Obama

Well, that's probably true.

I still get a kick out of watching middle aged white dudes fantasize about being mighty warriors.

I'm interested more in why anyone would see their age and skin color as important, rather than the content of their character.

What character? :lol:

I have to admit, I lol'd. Seriously. You don't see the humor in some soft, slimy, self-absorbed career pol calling himself a hero and comparing his partisan grandstanding, personal sniping and innuendo to Patton? That would be like any of the more outrageous nutters on here calling themselves warriors because they "Fight" for the "Cause" on a keyboard. Pretty funny stuff.
Yup. Funny. But funny is not the OP's point. The OP thinks they called Obama, Hitler. Of course, the OP is a moron, but still, that's his point.

However, anyone (civilians) who are not motivated and inspired by Patton's actions, are dead inside. The movie was a blockbuster for a reason. Hell, corporations make the same comparisons through metaphor to motivate their sales departments. It's not at all uncommon.

Last edited:
I'm interested more in why anyone would see their age and skin color as important, rather than the content of their character.

I have to admit, I lol'd. Seriously. You don't see the humor in some soft, slimy, self-absorbed career pol calling himself a hero and comparing his partisan grandstanding, personal sniping and innuendo to Patton? That would be like any of the more outrageous nutters on here calling themselves warriors because they "Fight" for the "Cause" on a keyboard. Pretty funny stuff.
Yup. Funny. But funny is not the OP's point. The OP thinks they called Obama Hitler. Of course, the OP is a moron, but still, that's his point.

It's a stretch. I can see where the implication could be there, but it's tenuous at best. I just think these puffed up assholes are funny as hell.

Yup. Funny. But funny is not the OP's point. The OP thinks they called Obama Hitler. Of course, the OP is a moron, but still, that's his point.

It's a stretch. I can see where the implication could be there, but it's tenuous at best. I just think these puffed up assholes are funny as hell.
No more funny than armchair quarterbacks to me.

I don't know that it would really be that nice. I am sure all the partisan hacks on both sides reside there while trying to pretend they are the only ones there.

I still get a kick out of watching middle aged white dudes fantasize about being mighty warriors.

It usually starts when they make ignorant ass statements like Barton.

However, a lot of it is an extension on the fact that many of these guy's fathers were WWII vets. When their war came (Viet Nam) they weren't in the ranks. Now, 40 years later they idolize the men their fathers fought under while conveniently forgetting that they couldn't carry a rifle.

I don't care what anyone says; some part of every man fancies himself to be a warrior and, if he has not fulfilled that aspect of his life, creates fantasies to compensate for it.

It's a primal thing.

you mean like the OP?
;)

What do you expect from someone that categorizes an entire demograph based on what he sees in the mirror?:eusa_angel:

That, and the fact that it always seems to be the WASPy country-club set that references the greatest generation ad nausea.

It usually starts when they make ignorant ass statements like Barton.

However, a lot of it is an extension on the fact that many of these guy's fathers were WWII vets. When their war came (Viet Nam) they weren't in the ranks. Now, 40 years later they idolize the men their fathers fought under while conveniently forgetting that they couldn't carry a rifle.

I don't care what anyone says; some part of every man fancies himself to be a warrior and, if he has not fulfilled that aspect of his life, creates fantasies to compensate for it.

It's a primal thing.
i know you aren't saying they cant serve in government because they didn't pick up that rifle back then, are you?

Last edited:
I don't know that it would really be that nice. I am sure all the partisan hacks on both sides reside there while trying to pretend they are the only ones there.

Who are you asking, the poster, or the congressman?

you mean like the OP?
;)

Puffed up self-aggrandizing assholery knows no Party. ;)

rdean, can you link to any of your previous posts criticizing Democrats for fighting Adoph Bush?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

This is not about Bush, or rdean. You've only managed to make it clear you have no defense of these clowns.

You think that finding some Democratic clown somewhere who compared Bush to Hitler somehow makes what these guys did okay?

You think that if OJ had found someone else who murdered someone the same day he killed those two people that that would have proven OJ innocent?

rdean, can you link to any of your previous posts criticizing Democrats for fighting Adoph Bush?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

This is not about Bush, or rdean. You've only managed to make it clear you have no defense of these clowns.

You think that finding some Democratic clown somewhere who compared Bush to Hitler somehow makes what these guys did okay?

You think that if OJ had found someone else who murdered someone the same day he killed those two people that that would have proven OJ innocent?
Ummmmmmmm, only these guys compared themselves to great warriors.

Idiot.

but you do understand similes, right?
i doubt rdean can, but i would assume you do ;)

Yeah, a simile would be, I'm like Patton fighting the Nazis.

Joe Barton's Powerpoint Presentation

Joe Barton's Powerpoint Presentation
The ranking House Energy and Commerce Committee Republican, Rep. Joe Barton (Tex.) is e-mailing a slideshow around to colleagues pledging to do for the administration what Gen. Patton and company did for Germany.

Check out slide 10. Joe Barton, famous for apologizing to BP after their horrendous oil spill, compares himself to General George Patton.

Eric Cantor is "Omar Bradley" and John Boehner is Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Three men who were NEVER in the military comparing themselves to Real American Hero's suggesting they are fighting Barrack "Adolf Hitler" Obama. What's next? Limbaugh's "Magic Negro"?

So go ahead, move this to the Flame Zone, but this is the state of American Politics. Obama and the Democrats thinking they could work with Republicans who are suggesting the Democrats are Nazi's.

Republicans insist only a few "fringe"? No, I don't think so.

Tax breaks for billionaires? Stop unemployment just before Christmas.

And now this. Republicans have clearly drawn the line in a game of class warfare.
All three are chickenhawks comparing themselves to heroes of WW2.

According to wiki:

"Barton revealed during a congressional hearing on video games that he was a video game player."

He probably thinks playing Call of Duty makes him a veteran.

Yeah. Didn't think so.

Idiot.

Great warriors who just so happened to have vanquished the Nazis. :lol:

OK, so I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. We have partisan assholes on this very thread making contemporaneous posts elsewhere on the board proclaiming Obama to be a fascist and referring to him as "Herr". It's a stretch to say the OP was "calling" Obama Hitler, but it's well within the current playbook's code to see an insinuation and it's disingenuous not to see the possibility.

I think if that was the goal it fails, miserably. But then again, I'm not one of the brain dead morons that laps up propaganda and calls it lunch.

Yeah. Didn't think so.

Well, Carb....if OJ had been a Conservative Republican......:eusa_whistle:

Yeah. Didn't think so.

Idiot.

No they compared themselves to generals fighting Adolph Hitler, as you admitted in your post above.

This is just one more example of something I pointed out a long time ago. The rightwing ratcheted up the anti-Obama hysteria so fast and so far a couple years ago that now they have nowhere else to go. Anyone who wants to get attention attacking Obama has to take it to the extreme now.

And keep in mind, Barton was enthusiastically cheered by the wingnuts for apologizing to BP, so good luck trying to reason with any of these morons.

One day Obama is like Hitler the next days he'd like Stalin.

These right wing chickenhawks need to get their Obama epithets coordinated.

Forum List

Back