GOP Rep Suggests Teachers Should Be Armed With Assault Rifles

The only way to stop a determined madman who is not afraid to die is to slay him when he starts to be a threat. Many shooting incidents have happened in "gun free zones". There's the problem. Such designations did nothing to stop determined madmen not afraid to die. So we must allow teachers who want to be armed to get trained and certified.

Exactly, I can't help but think how many lives the janitor, (or any of the teachers) could've saved with one good shot, rather than running around telling everyone to hide and hope the animal didn't see them.

Damn straight. If "all" the teachers don't feel they're capable of carrying, get training and have the ones that do armed. Maybe next time one of these wigged out little shits will think twice before they even attempt something like this knowing the first person they run into might be the one to blow their fucking head off.

A Republican Congressman suggested that had the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary been armed with assault rifles, they could have prevented Friday’s massacre and saved lives.
Appearing on a special Fox News Sunday dedicated to the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) said that an armed teacher or principal could have taken the killer’s “head off before he can kill those precious kids”:
GOHMERT: Having been a judge and reviewed photographs of these horrific scenes and knowing that children have these defensive wounds, gun shots through their arms and hands as they try to protect themselves, and, hearing the heroic stories of the principal, lunging, trying to protect, Chris, I wish to God she had had an M-4 in her office, locked up so when she heard gunfire, she pulls it out and she didn’t have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands and takes him out and takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids. [...]

GOP Rep Suggests Teachers Should Be Armed With Assault Rifles | ThinkProgress

Adam Lanz would never have gotten to a classroom. He was seen carrying the guns up to the locked front door by closed circuit television. He was seen smashing the window and getting access to the school. He immediately went to the principal's office where he killed all the unarmed people there. Then he went to a classroom. There was plenty of time to stop him had there been available firearms. He would never have gotten past the principal's office. As it is, the latest report is that when he heard the authorities enter the building he knew they were going to kill him and he shot himself. If he knew that he was going to walk into that school and be met with a hail of gunfire maybe he would have killed himself on the doorstep, or never done it at all.

All the right wingers wanting liberal union members armed is funny as hell to me.

And all the lefties accusing all the righties of this crack me up....

Not all of us think teachers should be armed.
I think it's a retarded idea.

I think we as a people need to stop blaming eachother for a few crazies rotten evil behavior.
We should come together as a society and take care of the victims... We can argue about blame later. Lets bury the dead first folks.

The only way to stop a determined madman who is not afraid to die is to slay him when he starts to be a threat. Many shooting incidents have happened in "gun free zones". There's the problem. Such designations did nothing to stop determined madmen not afraid to die. So we must allow teachers who want to be armed to get trained and certified.

Stand up and give your brain some air, sound like the rest of those dumb asses with this suggestion. You see it's easy to say let's arm the teachers rhetoric when you have no skin in the game. Meaning, no kids or other relatives in said school.

And this false argument you and others are trying to throw out there such as "gun free zones" is so fooking ridiculous talking point only works with small minded peeps such as yourself.

Maybe the same argument could be made about kids being touched improperly or snatched from a playground too often because it was designated as a "no pedophile zone"

See how fooking stupid that sounds now?

Stand up and give your brain some air, sound like the rest of those dumb asses with this suggestion. You see it's easy to say let's arm the teachers rhetoric when you have no skin in the game. Meaning, no kids or other relatives in said school.

And this false argument you and others are trying to throw out there such as "gun free zones" is so fooking ridiculous talking point only works with small minded peeps such as yourself.

Maybe the same argument could be made about kids being touched improperly or snatched from a playground too often because it was designated as a "no pedophile zone"

There is no doubt that "Gun Free Zones" are idiotic.

They only deter law abiding citizens whose presence with a gun could save lives.

That's what makes it different from your ridiculous "no pedophile zone" analogy.

We need to ask our schools to do police work too that way we can double cut their pay

You raise a valid point.

We hear cries now for the teachers and cops to do more to stop this.

Yet...its a free market, and to get people willing to do more and more...we must compensate for it.

Republicans now want teachers, already overworked in many places especially non-union places, to take on the duties of a cop, and have to recieve combat training to handle that gun in a chaotic environment?

Our society must COMMIT to stopping this, or ACCEPT it and move on. We cant have our cake and eat it too on this one.

OMG.
back to this..
teacher are overwork especially NON UNION PLACES
good grief

Last edited:

I have kids in public school. I'd be fine with an armed teacher or administrator or several.
And schools and virtually everyplace is a "no pedophile" zone and kids get touched and snatched all the time. So you've proven that laws do not deter those intent on evil. Congratulations, dumbshit.

I guess we were suppose to get our panties in a bunch over the Rep. said?

or what?

If this were a topic on public unions the teachers are incompetent overpaid boobs but on this topic they are competent to spray bullets in an over-crowded class room and keep loaded weapons in close proximity to children. I suppose this is in response to the picture showing what is allegedly an Israeli teacher with an Uzi, Not sure what that picture is but Israeli teachers are not armed but do go on field trips with an armed guard.

If this were a topic on public unions the teachers are incompetent overpaid boobs but on this topic they are competent to spray bullets in an over-crowded class room and keep loaded weapons in close proximity to children. I suppose this is in response to the picture showing what is allegedly an Israeli teacher with an Uzi, Not sure what that picture is but Israeli teachers are not armed but do go on field trips with an armed guard.

so much bs

Forum List

Back