All 31 Pro-Gun Senators Refused Invitations To Appear On ‘Meet The Press’

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
The Sunday morning news shows were dominated by discussion of what can be done after the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which claimed 28 lives on Friday. Several strong gun control advocates, including Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) appeared on the morning shows to push for tighter restrictions and a new assault weapons ban. Their counterparts on the pro-gun side of the aisle, however, categorically refused to appear on MSNBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ to discuss the shooting.
‘Meet the Press’ producer Betsey Fischer Martin tweeted:
Betsy Fischer Martin
✔
@BetsyMTP
BTW, we reached out to ALL 31 pro-gun rights Sens in the new Congress to invite them to share their views on @meetthepress - NO takers.
16 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

The National Rifle Association canceled a country music event this weekend but has yet to release any statement after the school massacre.

All 31 Pro-Gun Senators Refused Invitations To Appear On 'Meet The Press' | ThinkProgress

You need to keep this handy because no doubt a rightwing narrative about anti-gun bias in the media will be in full cry for some time to come.

Maybe we need to treat everyone with comprehensive medical single payer system

We cannot allow NBC, CBS and ABC to continue to broadcast since they abetted in the shooting.

Even on "Elementary" primetime on CBS they showed a man who had his eyes shot out.

Tine to shutdown those who instigate the violence

Maybe you can smear this childrens blood all over you and wear it permenantly so you can keep anyone from EVER dicussing the issue.

The Sunday morning news shows were dominated by discussion of what can be done after the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which claimed 28 lives on Friday. Several strong gun control advocates, including Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) appeared on the morning shows to push for tighter restrictions and a new assault weapons ban. Their counterparts on the pro-gun side of the aisle, however, categorically refused to appear on MSNBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ to discuss the shooting.
Betsy Fischer Martin
✔
@BetsyMTP
BTW, we reached out to ALL 31 pro-gun rights Sens in the new Congress to invite them to share their views on @meetthepress - NO takers.

The National Rifle Association canceled a country music event this weekend but has yet to release any statement after the school massacre.

All 31 Pro-Gun Senators Refused Invitations To Appear On 'Meet The Press' | ThinkProgress

Also broadcast on "Meet the Press" this comment from MIchelle at Law:

"One guy TRIES to use shoe bomb and everyone at the airport now has to take shoes off. 31 school shootings since Columbine, but no change."

Maybe you can smear this childrens blood all over you and wear it permenantly so you can keep anyone from EVER dicussing the issue.

Maybe one day you will learn to let some time pass for families to grieve before you start politicizing their tragedies.

Wait, what am I thinking? YOU will never let that happen.

Betsy Fischer Martin
✔
@BetsyMTP

Also broadcast on "Meet the Press" this comment from MIchelle at Law:

"One guy TRIES to use shoe bomb and everyone at the airport now has to take shoes off. 31 school shootings since Columbine, but no change."

We need to shut the mass media down, they have abused their First Amendment right worse than yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater

ABC, CBS and NBS need to have their broadcast licenses revoked for their constant barrage of violent shows and movies

We cannot allow NBC, CBS and ABC to continue to broadcast since they abetted in the shooting.

Even on "Elementary" primetime on CBS they showed a man who had his eyes shot out.

Now, now frank, try to stop being hysterical (lol, that's like telling a rock to stop being a rock). In fact censorship isn't allowed, have you not read the Constitution of the United States?

Maybe you'd support a Fairness Doctrine? The head of the NRA and all Senators who oppose gun restrictions could appear on the networks you noted and offer a counterpoint.

Kinda like the tobacco CEO's, all 32 members of the Senate could offer this cliché:

"A gun didn't kill those 20 six and seven years old, a madman did"

I'm sure - in your little little world - that would console the moms and dads who went home without their child and today are stricken with a grief I hope none of us - even an asshole like you - never experienced.

Now, now frank, try to stop being hysterical (lol, that's like telling a rock to stop being a rock). In fact censorship isn't allowed, have you not read the Constitution of the United States?

Maybe you'd support a Fairness Doctrine? The head of the NRA and all Senators who oppose gun restrictions could appear on the networks you noted and offer a counterpoint.

Kinda like the tobacco CEO's, all 32 members of the Senate could offer this cliché:

I'm sure - in your little little world - that would console the moms and dads who went home without their child and today are stricken with a grief I hope none of us - even an asshole like you - never experienced.

I'm merely offering a counterpoint to the true madman on the "American" Left who roll around in the blood of the innocents then post online to tell us guns are the problem.

I'm merely offering a counterpoint to the true madman on the "American" Left who roll around in the blood of the innocents then post online to tell us guns are the problem.

Who are these "true madman" on the '"American"' Left - name names or I will continue to believe you're as dumb as rock and as partisan as a demon in your sujpport of evil.

Who are these "true madman" on the '"American"' Left - name names or I will continue to believe you're as dumb as rock and as partisan as a demon in your sujpport of evil.

You
Hazlnut
TM
Midcam
etc

Forum List

Back