GOP Rep. Barton Apologizes to BP

Another Corporatist Republican steps in it.

GOP Rep. Barton: 'I Apologize' To BP For 'Tragedy' Of Obama Admin's '$20 Billion Shakedown' (VIDEO) | TPMDC

GOP Rep. Barton: 'I Apologize' To BP For 'Tragedy' Of Obama Admin's '$20 Billion Shakedown' (VIDEO)
Eric Kleefeld | June 17, 2010, 10:47AM

In the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee hearing today on the BP oil spill, Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) said something very remarkable: Amidst a committee slamming BP all around, he apologized to the company for the $20 billion escrow account that the Obama administration asked them to create for paying out damages in the case.

"I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case a $20 billion shakedown," Barton said.
<more>
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

BP is a Foreign Company, Barton was just taking BO's lead by apologizing to all Foreign Entities.

LOL A shakedown! How horrid is that! What are we a nation of sissies today, cannot Obama take a page from FDR, Truman, or even Reagan (I disagree with Ronnie,but he acted). Shake them till they drop dead or do things safely and correctly.

It's a wonder that cons have the brain power to remember to breathe.

You actually admit to asking a baited question, and you still expect me to answer to your dishonesty?

Do republicans lie to the US population?

yes they fucking do.....every fucking time they open their mouths....your turn....

How about conservatives? Do they lie every fucking time they open their mouths?

Hey Harry, Sangha couldn't bring himself to answer your question. :lol:
Shows just how much of a party tool he is.
So much for honesty.

Last edited:
This week was huge politically. For one thing it broke the back of the media's obsession with nitpicking the president on everything he did or didn't do. They've finally moved off that narrative.

And, even more importantly, the Repubilcans aligned themselves with BP, the Democrats aligned themselves with the victims of the disaster.

It's a wonder that cons have the brain power to remember to breathe.

You actually admit to asking a baited question, and you still expect me to answer to your dishonesty?

Do republicans lie to the US population?

yes they fucking do.....every fucking time they open their mouths....your turn....

hey asshole....i answered your question....now answer mine.....DO DEMOCRATS LIE TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC?...

And, even more importantly, the Repubilcans aligned themselves with BP, the Democrats aligned themselves with the victims of the disaster.

hey NY DEAN.....only a handful of assholes aligned themselves with oil companies over the victims....has the Rdean parasite infected that skull of yours too?

You are correct, Harry, only a few were stupid enough to do that. And the Republican leadership immediatly jumped on them. However, Barton's statement was made on Prime time, and will be shown often and endlessly. He did more damage to the Republican Party than I would have thought possible.

Hey Harry, Sangha couldn't bring himself to answer your question. :lol:
Shows just how much of a party tool he is.
So much for honesty.

Learn to read. I already said I don't answer dishonest questions. I'd suggest you try some honesty, but then I remembered that you're a conservative

If you had to be honest, you'd have nothing to say

You are correct, Harry, only a few were stupid enough to do that. And the Republican leadership immediatly jumped on them. However, Barton's statement was made on Prime time, and will be shown often and endlessly. He did more damage to the Republican Party than I would have thought possible.

only to the more stupid amongst us Rocks.....and unfortunately they come in immense numbers...but you do realize that sooner or later the other team will have someone say something that is just as stupid and then the Pendulum swings the other way....such is today's politics....wait for someone to fuck up,and then pile on....if all this energy from both sides was focused on the problems that plague us....we would be a hundred years more advanced than what we are.....

hey asshole....i answered your question....now answer mine.....DO DEMOCRATS LIE TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC?...

Are you stupid?

I already answered your question. You even quoted my answer (above)

you never answered shit fuckhead....WHERE did i quote your answer?.....i answered both of yours.....but you are such a fucking far-left wing hack, to you the Democrats never lie....Conhog is right about you....

Last edited:

Are you stupid?

you never answered shit fuckhead....WHERE did i quote your answer?.....i answered both of yours.....but you are such a fucking far-left wing hack, to you the Democrats never lie....Conhog is right about you....

You're a complete moron, so I'll spell it out for you

I don't answer questions from liars like you. I made that pretty clear in my first response to you, but I realize that most things take a few repetitions before they'll sink into that rock you call a skull

Are you stupid?

I don't answer questions from liars like you. I made that pretty clear in my first response to you, but I realize that most things take a few repetitions before they'll sink into that rock you call a skull

Translation: I can't bring myself to be honest because I'm such a tool for the liberals.

Are you stupid?

dont make us laugh asshole....you know the answer is yes....so instead of admitting your party is the same as the other party,only they wear better suits,you will take the Rdean route and dance all over the fucking place trying to divert everything away from the question...your dishonest piece of shit Sang....no different then the guy who recruited you....you sure dance fast when your backed into a corner.....oh by the way....your a pussy too....

Forum List

Back