GOP Quickly Becoming A Fractured Party. I LOVE IT!!!

Wow... Good point.

And was unanimously among his peers a far greater Senator, statesman, and Christian gentleman than Strom Thurmond. Byrd could repent and make restitution for the past. Thurmond merely ignored and fathered an illegitimate bi-racial daughter.
Wry Catcher had a point, you do live in your own reality...

Besides the fact you've promoted Byrd to a "Grand Wizard" in the Klan when his association was a lot less than that at a time when the Klan was a lot more respectable... It was kind of like a racist rotarian club.

I tend to judge a man on his entire life... and there's a lot to praise and criticize...

Point is, the GOP was still doing Willie Horton ads and shit like that when Byrd had renounced the Klan and all it stood for.

That sanctimonious prick, Robert Byrd was the loudest condemning Clinton - rightfully - on Clinton's marital indiscretions and his besmirching the Oval Office, but when it came to voting he chose to acquit.

BTW he was the last United States Senator who used the word "******" with impunity.

SO WHAT? It was up to the people IN THEIR STATES to decide their fates

I think you miss the point.

In both of those states, the GOP had sensible, main line Republicans who didn't say batshit crazy stuff about rape. Murdouch knocked off a guy who had been one of Reagan's strongest supporters in the Senate because he "wasn't a real conservative".

The problem is, 40 years after this issue had really been decided, you still have the GOP trying to litigate it, and taking some bizarre positions, such as making a woman have her rapist's baby because his spooge has civil rights...

You don't get to decide who or what is "sensible" for a state you don't live in..
If that's the case I think the state who ran and re-elected Alan Grayson are all a bunch of nut jobs, or who ran and elected a former KKK grand wizard for over 30years

But that same state wasn’t made up of ‘nut jobs’ when they elected Alan West.

Gloat all you want now, while you may. In 2012 there was no Democratic primary, because all Democrats were forced into silence at the inevitable charge of RACIST if they ever had the nerve to challenge Obama.

But remember: There will be a democratic primary in 2016, possibly every bit as damaging to them as the 2012 primaries were for the Republicans.

I think that's wishful thinking. If Hillary runs, she'll walk away with it pretty easily.

Just like Jimmy Carter was supposed to beat the "amiable dunce" B-actor?

Just like Purple Heart hero (for self-inflicted scratch) gigolo John Kerry was supposed to beat George W. Bush?

Like I said before gloat while you may and forget that politics run in cycles.

By 2016 Hillary will be a washed up, prune faced antiquity, that does not have the courage of Margaret Thatcher, the integrity of Golda Maier or the looks of Benazir Bhutto.

Only her gender that was forgotten conveniently by her "husband".

You can probably get Dick Morris, Karl Rove and Fox News to agree with you. I mean after all, Romney by a landslide and getting 335 electorals......how in the world could they get any closer than that LOL

Forum List

Back