GOP Presidential candidates some you may never have heard of

You sound like a disgruntled Ron Paul supporter. My advice is "get over it" and/or "move-on". I would vote for BO over Ron Paul. It makes no sense that you whine about the GOP field. Romney is electable, especially if the unemployment rate is above 7%. Last time the GOP sucked, this time the dems suck.

Damn dude you must really hate or fear Ron Paul to jump to such a conclusion from such a meaningless topic.

Winning.

You sound like a disgruntled Ron Paul supporter. My advice is "get over it" and/or "move-on". I would vote for BO over Ron Paul. It makes no sense that you whine about the GOP field. Romney is electable, especially if the unemployment rate is above 7%. Last time the GOP sucked, this time the dems suck.

I'm a disgruntled Republican they gave us George Bush and John McCain to vote for now they have another hand selected group to vote for non of which I can support.

Damn dude you must really hate or fear Ron Paul to jump to such a conclusion from such a meaningless topic.

Winning.
What the fuck are you talking about? Meaningless topic? The GOP wants obama to win or wants Republicans to support an obamush type candidate

Winning.
What the fuck are you talking about? Meaningless topic? The GOP wants obama to win or wants Republicans to support an obamush type candidate

You mean Romney? You're right, the Republicans and the Democrats are going to present two candidates that are ridiculously similar there will be little to no difference between the two of them. Yet they will find pointless things to debate about for months trying to distract from the real issues.

Only thing that we can really do is vote for Ron Paul or let this puppet show continue. It is a puppet show let me guarantee you that, no way in hell this isn't deliberate.

I'm a disgruntled Republican they gave us George Bush and John McCain to vote for now they have another hand selected group to vote for non of which I can support.

Thank you. The OP makes more sense now. Need I remind you:

1. Romney is a very good candidate. I supported him in 2008.
2. Chris Christie would also be very good based on his record in NJ. Probably calculated that 2016 would be an easier race.
3. I can't think of too many other super executives to put up
4. Newt or Santorum would be okay, but not optimum (they know how DC works)
5. Kasich and Scott Walker looked good, but are under siege now, voters are fickle

Who do you want to run??

Thank you. The OP makes more sense now. Need I remind you:

1. Romney is a very good candidate. I supported him in 2008.
2. Chris Christie would also be very good based on his record in NJ. Probably calculated that 2016 would be an easier race.
3. I can't think of too many other super executives to put up
4. Newt or Santorum would be okay, but not optimum (they know how DC works)
5. Kasich and Scott Walker looked good, but are under siege now, voters are fickle

Who do you want to run??

Romney and Newt would be very bad for America because they change with the political winds. They are specter's without changing parties.

If that's what Christie is doing maybe he should never run. Someone should run for president not because they think they can win, but because they know they will be good for America.

I don't know enough about Santorum to say anything about him

Kasich and Walker remains to be seen.
I am of the opinion it doesn't matter who it is the status quo is not going to allow you to vote for someone that will go against the elitist D.C. beltway crowd.

Winning.

You mean Romney? You're right, the Republicans and the Democrats are going to present two candidates that are ridiculously similar there will be little to no difference between the two of them. Yet they will find pointless things to debate about for months trying to distract from the real issues.

Only thing that we can really do is vote for Ron Paul or let this puppet show continue. It is a puppet show let me guarantee you that, no way in hell this isn't deliberate.

No I mean all those on the GOP platform, they allow Ron Paul to remain in the running to keep the more Conservative quite. Ron Paul could have the most votes but he will never be allowed to win.

I can't believe republicans are arguing over scarps given them by the GOP. When what is given to us is just like the other side. obama Romney Newt Perry, Are the front runners from each party. Is their a difference between any of them? My fellow Republicans if you don't want 4 more years of the same shit you better start paying attention to what people have said in the past compared to what they say now. It's all bullshit.

Good lord, Roy Moore? That aside, I do agree there are potentially good candidates that are not being given a fair shake.

This is why I say the GOP is full of shit, the GOP has electable candidates but the GOP only wants us to hear about there hand selected group. Fuck the GOP because I believe it wants obama to win or wants republicans to support an obamush type candidate.

2012 Republican Presidential Candidates

$$$$$$ is a big requirement to run for office. As are political connections. There are some awesome folks out there but if you can't kick start the campaign with money and connections, you're toast. Huntsman, for example, is smart, knowledgeable, experienced, and a pretty moral guy. He's got zero chance at getting the office.

We, as in folks in both parties, complain a lot about who ends up with the nomination. Unfortunately the way the game is structured the number of people that can successfully run is small, and they all tend to be fairly similar folks. Be they "D" or "R".

I don't have a solution to this problem. I'd have thought the internet would have changed the game, but if anything its making the problem worse.

This is why I say the GOP is full of shit, the GOP has electable candidates but the GOP only wants us to hear about there hand selected group. Fuck the GOP because I believe it wants obama to win or wants republicans to support an obamush type candidate.

$$$$$$ is a big requirement to run for office. As are political connections. There are some awesome folks out there but if you can't kick start the campaign with money and connections, you're toast. Huntsman, for example, is smart, knowledgeable, experienced, and a pretty moral guy. He's got zero chance at getting the office.

We, as in folks in both parties, complain a lot about who ends up with the nomination. Unfortunately the way the game is structured the number of people that can successfully run is small, and they all tend to be fairly similar folks. Be they "D" or "R".

I don't have a solution to this problem. I'd have thought the internet would have changed the game, but if anything its making the problem worse.

and the GOP won't support him because he's not part of the GOP political elite.

That's where connections come in. To actually have a chance you have to be an insider OR be fabulously wealth (or have a rich friend :) ) Huntsman isn't connected enough inside his party, he doesn't start the game with huge amounts of money, and so he's toast. Political connections inside the party opens up avenues to fundraiser, publicity, etc, that an outsider just can't compete with unless he has huge stacks of cash.

This cycle, Romney is probably the biggest outsider (next to Ron Paul) in the race. He's famously despised by just about everyone. Back in 2008 talk around the campfire was that McCain got the nomination specifically to stop Romney. However, Romney is rich, so he has a chance.

My suspicion is that Newt's party connections are likely to trump Romney's 3 cubic acres of cash, just like McCain's connections trumped Romney in 2008.

You should probably check out "Game Change". It makes the case that Obama won not because he was an outsider, but because he was well connected in the DNC. Basically both parties picked an insider in 2008 and rejected a figure unpopular in their own circles.

That's where connections come in. To actually have a chance you have to be an insider OR be fabulously wealth (or have a rich friend :) ) Huntsman isn't connected enough inside his party, he doesn't start the game with huge amounts of money, and so he's toast. Political connections inside the party opens up avenues to fundraiser, publicity, etc, that an outsider just can't compete with unless he has huge stacks of cash.

This cycle, Romney is probably the biggest outsider (next to Ron Paul) in the race. He's famously despised by just about everyone. Back in 2008 talk around the campfire was that McCain got the nomination specifically to stop Romney. However, Romney is rich, so he has a chance.

My suspicion is that Newt's party connections are likely to trump Romney's 3 cubic acres of cash, just like McCain's connections trumped Romney in 2008.

You should probably check out "Game Change". It makes the case that Obama won not because he was an outsider, but because he was well connected in the DNC. Basically both parties picked an insider in 2008 and rejected a figure unpopular in their own circles.

The way I look at it the GOP is not going to allow us to vote for anyone outside of the beltway crowd. Nor will the DNC.

Forum List

Back