GOP pounces after news of CIA cable on Libya raid

I'm talking about the bin Sultan airbase which was positioned in Mecca for the express purpose of facilitating the so-called "Gulf War" by H.W. Bush in 1990. When that base was proposed it caused a furor among Saudi radicals who eventually tolerated it because Bush promised to remove it immediately after Iraq was evicted from Kuwait.

G.W. Bush quietly removed the base shortly after the 9/11 attack. He also pressured Sharon to evict the settlers from Gaza. Those are the reasons why there were no further attacks during his presidency. If he had done those things when the warnings of imminent terrorist activity commenced the 9/11 attack would not have happened.

Clinton's "no-fly" activities served to extend radical Moslem tolerance of the airbase subsequent to the "Gulf War," but when that activity ceased at the end of the Clinton Presidency the terrorist warnings began. And Bush ignored them.
Dude, lay off the brown acid.
If these opaquely sarcastic one-liners are your best effort at participating in a serious discussion it would serve your image better to say nothing at all.

Presuming you are capable of intelligible expression, what is "Dude, lay off the brown acid" supposed to mean? If you disagree with what I wrote, why not at least try to frame an adult response? But if you can't do that, then why embarrass yourself in the eyes of anyone with an IQ above 75?

To approximately paraphrase Nancy Reagan, Just say nothing!
The unilaterally imposed "no fly zones" and Iraq sanctions were two of the three rationale that OBL gave for plotting the WTC attack.

Speaking of saying nothing, you really should STFU on this one...

In the aftermath of Operation Desert Fox in December 1998, Iraq announced it would no longer respect the no-fly zones and resumed its efforts in shooting down Allied aircraft. Saddam Hussein offered a $14,000 reward to anyone who could accomplish this task, but no manned aircraft were ever shot down by Iraq. Air strikes by British and American aircraft against Iraqi claimed anti-aircraft and military targets continued weekly over the next few years. In the early 2000s (decade), the U.S. developed a contingency plan, Operation Desert Badger for dealing with pilots shot down over Iraqi no-fly zones.

The operation continued until it transitioned to Operation Southern Focus in June 2002. They began to carry out offensive sorties, not only against targets that had fired on them, but upon installations that had demonstrated no hostile intent. The U.S. claimed that these increased attacks were the result of increasing Iraqi provocations, but later, in July 2005, the British Ministry of Defense released figures showing that the number of provocations had actually dropped dramatically prior to and just after the increase in allied attacks. Their records indicate that in the first seven months of 2001, there had been 370 provocations on the part of Iraq. In the seven months from Oct. 2001 into May 2002, only 32 such provocations were recorded.[6] General Tommy Franks later acknowledged that the dramatic increase in offensive sorties was an attempt to destroy the Iraqi defenses in much the same way as the air strikes at the beginning of the Gulf War had.[7] The U.S. and British operations had the (apparently intended) effect of reducing Iraqi ability to counter air strikes prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.[8])

Iraqi no-fly zones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there weren't any no-fly zones being enforced, why was Saddam offering rewards for shot down aircraft and why was a contingency plan created to rescue pilots shot down in the no-fly zones?

Oh, and lay off the brown acid.

The unilaterally imposed "no fly zones" and Iraq sanctions were two of the three rationale that OBL gave for plotting the WTC attack.

Speaking of saying nothing, you really should STFU on this one...
The only two provocations for the 9/11 attack I can find credible documentation for are, as stated, the bin Sultan airbase in Mecca and our support of Israel. I've posted that documentation often enough that I'm sure you've read it. If not I'll post it again.

As far as bin Laden being provoked by our bombing in Iraq, that makes no sense. Bin Laden and the entire al Qaeda following were (are) fanatical Islamists but Saddam Hussein and almost all Iraqis were secularist, plus Iraq was a long-standing threat to Saudi Arabia (and Kuwait) which accounts for the historical hostility between the two entities. In spite of Bush's bullshit propaganda, Hussein wanted nothing to do with bin Laden or Al Qaeda, which is why I share Greg Hansen's belief as to why Al Qaeda tolerated the bin Sultan airbase during the eight years of bombing in Iraq.

I've tried to find documentation to support your claim that bin Laden issued a fatwah because of the no-fly zone bombings but cannot. If you can point to something credible it will be appreciated.

PS: I realize you are an adolescent but if you can forbear in your need to add ad hominem sarcasms and schoolyard insults to your otherwise intelligent messages they would seem more grown-up, acceptable, and welcome.

Last edited:
Obamination is a criminal.

He is covering up this Libya mess, he covered up the Fast & Furious fiasco, he gave kickback money to political suporters in the Solyndra scandal, etc, etc, etc.

He should be spending the rest of his life in jail if Romney has any balls to send the DoJ after him, Holder, Chu, etc in January.

He is covering up this Libya mess, he covered up the Fast & Furious fiasco, he gave kickback money to political suporters in the Solyndra scandal, etc, etc, etc.

He should be spending the rest of his life in jail if Romney has any balls to send the DoJ after him, Holder, Chu, etc in January.
I won't try to deny there is much to criticize Obama for. But if you are looking for criminal actions to refer for prosecution you need to look more closely at the Bush Administration. In my opinion, the very fact that Obama did not direct his wooden indian Attorney General to investigate and prosecute the Bush crime family is in itself a crime!

It suggests collusion.

Within 24 hours of the deadly attack, the CIA station chief in Libya reported to Washington that there were eyewitness reports that the attack was carried out by militants, officials told The Associated Press. But for days, the Obama administration blamed it on an out-of-control demonstration over an American-made video ridiculing Islam's Prophet Muhammad.

24 hours after the attack? Oh yeah...that was the day Obama went to a party in Vegas. So that means he was abesnt for that security briefing.

Sure, nutjob.

Obamination is a criminal, otherwise he wouldn't be hiding F&F documents from Congress, he wouldn't be lying his ass off about what happened before and after the Libya massacre, he wouldn't be dumping billions down the green energy scams to help friends, etc.

I won't try to deny there is much to criticize Obama for. But if you are looking for criminal actions to refer for prosecution you need to look more closely at the Bush Administration. In my opinion, the very fact that Obama did not direct his wooden indian Attorney General to investigate and prosecute the Bush crime family is in itself a crime!

It suggests collusion.

Well Republicans spying on Democraps and covering it up is worse than lying about getting Americans killed in Libya and covering it up, getting Mexicans and Americans killed along the border then covering it up, etc. Nevermind the criminal activity behind Solyndra and other blackholes that wasted billions of tax dollars while lining the pockets of Democrap supporters.

That is the liberal spin.

Obama should have the same level of honor as Nixon. Just step down.

Stop trying to make this into a fucking issue, this is the most fucking retarded argument ever, right wingers are fucking hacks, name 1 president who didn't have something bad happen on their watch.

Thats not the point,ya its a shit hole,things happen.He did help make it shit hole worse then it was but that beside the point.

Its the spin put on it after the fact that is bad.

Forum List

Back