GOP Needs Six Weeks To Debate Health Care Bill That All Republicans Will Oppose

I wonder how much laughing will go on when they realize they might not be taking an entire month off for the Christmas break?

[At least under Democratic leadership, Congress is actually at their desks when in session five days a week. They now start on Mondays, not Tuesdays, and end on Friday evenings, not Thursdays at noon.]

yeah maggie...Im sure that is a huge concern.

Oh, I see. You don't mind paying them full salary for 3/4 time. Then I sure as shit don't want to see you screeching about your taxes paying their salaries and that they work for us, not the other way around. Okay?

OK...I don't complain about it now. I am more concerned about my taxes paying for Jose and Pablo who just snuck over the border. Or for John Q. Lazyass who doesn't want to work.

It's the Huff, but still:

GOP Needs Six Weeks To Debate Health Care Bill That All Republicans Will Oppose

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) argued last Sunday that Republicans deserve at least six additional weeks to consider health care reform before letting the bill come to a vote. But on Friday, his top lieutenant said the entire GOP has already made up its mind on the legislation.

Appearing on Fox News Friday morning, Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) insisted that "every single Republican will oppose" even debating health care reform because "they know it will only get worse."

Discuss.

Better than voting on it immediately when no one except the opposition has read it, no one at all understands it and the majority of Americans don't want it.

:rolleyes:

the gop is only good for useless opposition and laughs. their cries for fiscal responsibility after they watched their boy spent trillions is laughable.
No less laughable than the dems who mewled about exploding deficits during those eight years, only to triple down on them when they got all the stroke.

There are more than enough two-faced douchebags to go around.

This thing will pass. Republicans will go down in history as the ones that oppesed it just like they did wth Medicare, social security, civil rights etc etc.

Republicans will go down in history as the pos they are AGAIN.

Probably so...and in 2010 and 2012, dems will be wondering WTF happened??? How did we lose so much political power??

WHAAAAAAA HAAHHAAAAA....Bush is evil and now we don't have the majority anymore! WAAAAHAAAAA!!!!

So where were the Republicans wrong. Medicare near bankruptcy.
Social Security. Near Bankruptcy.
And I heard stories about some GOP members that had a big part in helping the Civil rights movement.

obama promised open debate on cspan....

h/c won't even start until 2013.....

and you guys complain about 6 weeks....

I believe there was open debate on C-Span2 covering all the committees involved when convened (both House and Senate), and also the floor debate in the House on C-Span. You could have watched the full Senate debate on Saturday on any number of channels intermittently, but most definitely on C-Span.

that is not what obama promised....

and what say you to 2013?

This thing will pass. Republicans will go down in history as the ones that oppesed it just like they did wth Medicare, social security, civil rights etc etc.

Republicans will go down in history as the pos they are AGAIN.

Probably so...and in 2010 and 2012, dems will be wondering WTF happened??? How did we lose so much political power??

WHAAAAAAA HAAHHAAAAA....Bush is evil and now we don't have the majority anymore! WAAAAHAAAAA!!!!

So where were the Republicans wrong. Medicare near bankruptcy.
Social Security. Near Bankruptcy.
And I heard stories about some GOP members that had a big part in helping the Civil rights movement.

I just remember the way the Dems High-fived each other when Bush said Social Security reform was dead.

Let's not call this current legislation healthcare reform shall we? because if you are for real meaningful heathcare reform you would never support a bill that would bankrupt one system for the creation of another. Had this bill had anything at all to do with real healthcare reform then it could have been done in less than 30 pages, with the elimination of the age restrictions on Medicare and creating method by which you allow people who wish to purchase it a means to do so in a sound fiscal way. You do not take an already insolvent Govt. owned healthcare insurance program i.e. Medicare and take 500 Billion dollars from it as seed money to start a new health insurance program that does exactly the same thing and then expect the other one to be viable and call it healthcare reform. The other thing you do not do, is demand states who are already on the brink of bankruptcy come up with additional tens of billions of dollars in unfunded mandates to fund medicade and call that reform. There are many good workable solutions to , A. bringing down the cost of healthcare insurance and making it affordable B. Allowing for those that wish to the ability to purchase into Medicare. ( good example of this would be low cost catastrophic insurance for young people who are otherwise healthy or dont always purchase insurance, and if the wish to do so, can purchase additional coverage for preventative care) C. Allow people to purcahse health insurance anywhere they choose, if you can order peanuts from Georgia and have them shipped to your house, you should be able to purchase health insurance wherever it is best suited for you. D. There are many more, but in the end the bills in the Senate, and in Congress represent none of this and if they did, then why do you suppose the benefits of all those taxes don't kick in till 4 years after you have been paying for them, thats not reform, thats just another tax scheme. We all want healthcare costs to come down , and have it available for those what need it and want it, but lets not call a bill that represents the desires of half or even less than half of Americans as that for all Americans. A REAL healthcare reform bill should have full bi-partisan support and you know somthing, yes Republicans opposed Medicare but to say ALL Republicans opposed it is not correct.

Senate

Democrats 57
Republicans 13

HOUSE

Democrats 237
Republicans 70
Social Security Online

That was the vote tally for the creation of Medicare, and these bills do not even have anything close to that kind of support from both parties. So again, these bills do not represent real healthcare reform and are more about getting an agenda item passed rather than the needs of the American people. Even all of you who once advocated for "single payer" should be outraged by this bill as some Democrats who support "single payer" are. While I will end this here, what you will get with this bill, is a very big tax hike in order to support the massive unfunded mandates or your state will go bankrupt, if thats the reform you wanted then by all means continue to support this bill.

Forum List

Back