Gop Members Of Senate Vote Down Attempts To Limits Money In Politics

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
INSTITUTE INDEX After Senate setback movement to limit money in politics marches on

Yes, the GOP has proven they are not for middle America. They are for the big money donors and for the corporations that write checks to get their votes. The GOP has proven their allegiance...And yet so many of you blindly follow them while they gather behind closed doors to laugh at your misplaced loyalty.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

S.J.Res.19 - 113th Congress 2013-2014 A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions and expenditures intended to affect elections. Congress.gov Library of Congress
Summary: S.J.Res.19 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
Introduced in Senate (06/18/2013)
Constitutional Amendment - Grants Congress AND the States the power to REGULATE the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to federal and state elections, respectively.
Regulate does not mean Limit.

INSTITUTE INDEX After Senate setback movement to limit money in politics marches on

Yes, the GOP has proven they are not for middle America. They are for the big money donors and for the corporations that write checks to get their votes. The GOP has proven their allegiance...And yet so many of you blindly follow them while they gather behind closed doors to laugh at your misplaced loyalty.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Damn it, it's not fair that corporations can now compete with unions when it comes to money in politics.

Yes, the Dems have proven they are not for middle America. They are for the big money donors and for the unions that write checks to get their votes. The Dems has proven their allegiance...And yet so many of you blindly follow them while they gather behind closed doors to laugh at your misplaced loyalty.

S.J.Res.19 - 113th Congress 2013-2014 A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions and expenditures intended to affect elections. Congress.gov Library of Congress
Summary: S.J.Res.19 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
Introduced in Senate (06/18/2013)
Constitutional Amendment - Grants Congress AND the States the power to REGULATE the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to federal and state elections, respectively.
Regulate does not mean Limit.

They're already doing both. I'm not sure what Ted Cruz's problem is with this.

I will support limiting or eliminating political contributions to political parties and candidates from corporations when the same rules are applied to unions who's with me?

They already are.

Any subsequent post you make without the words "You're 100% correct, LM, as usual!" needs to have supporting evidence to a specific case of any union or corporation giving directly to a political party or candidate committee, otherwise I have to assume that you don't know the law, don't care to learn the law, and are just embarking on another adventure down Diarrhea of the Mouth creek.

These votes are so meaningless when the body knows before they vote that the measure will not pass

They want to get the vote on record to try and make an election issue out of it. This is not going to spare the Democrats their coming blood bath. They're grasping at straws at this point to try and keep the Senate hoping something will stick.

I will support limiting or eliminating political contributions to political parties and candidates from corporations when the same rules are applied to unions who's with me?

They already are.

Any subsequent post you make without the words "You're 100% correct, LM, as usual!" needs to have supporting evidence to a specific case of any union or corporation giving directly to a political party or candidate committee, otherwise I have to assume that you don't know the law, don't care to learn the law, and are just embarking on another adventure down Diarrhea of the Mouth creek.
You are 100% off your medication again you have proven many times you have no idea what your talking about if your going to respond do that crazy dyslexic typing of yours so you can at least be entertaining otherwise go waste someone else's time.

First George W. Bush's SEC let Wall Street run a derivatives based Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy in 2008.

Then Republicans on the Supreme Court voted to allow unlimited secret campaign contributions in the Citizens United decision.

Then Republicans in the House shut down the government and threatened the country with default.

Why would anyone vote for a party that hates government and continually tries to damage our country?

They already are.

You are 100% off your medication again you have proven many times you have no idea what your talking about if your going to respond do that crazy dyslexic typing of yours so you can at least be entertaining otherwise go waste someone else's time.

So you are full of shit after all. Good to know!

My challenge stands for anyone else not full of shit taking African-Americanhawk's position.

First George W. Bush's SEC let Wall Street run a derivatives based Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy in 2008.

While I appreciate your line of thinking, I don't think you realize exactly what you're talking about.

If you didn't know, the world's derivatives market hasn't yet crashed. As of about two years ago, its total value exceeds the combined amount of all currencies in the world put together. So when it does crash--and it will--then we will have a truly destroyed world economy. What Bush did in 2008 is nothing compared to what he and his elitist string-pulling buddies will do in the future.

Forum List

Back