GOP mega Donor Says Trump Will Cause Global Depression

Juan de Fuca

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
Well this will create a whole new level of scrutiny of Donald Trump's economic policies. A good thing if one is to believe the criticism starting to emerge over his policies.

"A billionaire hedge fund manager known for contributing huge sums to Republican candidates cautioned Wednesday that Donald Trump’s economic policies effectively guaranteed a depression.

"The most impactful of the economic policies that I recall him coming out for are these anti-trade policies," Paul Singer said during a panel discussion at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado, according to CNBC. "And I think if he actually stuck to those policies and gets elected president, it's close to a guarantee of a global depression, widespread global depression."

Singer is the founder of Elliott Management Corporation, a fund worth $27 billion that specializes in distressed debt acquisitions. A self-described libertarian, he donated $100,000 to the Republican Party in 2015, according to Forbes, and contributed to Sen. Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) failed bid for the presidency.

Singer’s remarks in Aspen came one day after Trump gave two speeches laying out his fervent opposition to international trade agreements and threatening to raise tariffs on the United States’ leading trading partners, including China and Mexico.

According to CNBC, Singer donated $1 million in April to the anti-Trump Our Principles PAC. He said at the conference that he may not vote for anyone in November.

Singer’s criticism of the presumptive GOP nominee shows how Trump has polarized traditional conservative donors." more at the link: GOP Mega-Donor Warns Trump Would Cause ‘Widespread Global Depression’

Just another RINO...

Trump is the only Republican in the whole world.

Well this will create a whole new level of scrutiny of Donald Trump's economic policies. A good thing if one is to believe the criticism starting to emerge over his policies.

"A billionaire hedge fund manager known for contributing huge sums to Republican candidates cautioned Wednesday that Donald Trump’s economic policies effectively guaranteed a depression.

"The most impactful of the economic policies that I recall him coming out for are these anti-trade policies," Paul Singer said during a panel discussion at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado, according to CNBC. "And I think if he actually stuck to those policies and gets elected president, it's close to a guarantee of a global depression, widespread global depression."

Singer is the founder of Elliott Management Corporation, a fund worth $27 billion that specializes in distressed debt acquisitions. A self-described libertarian, he donated $100,000 to the Republican Party in 2015, according to Forbes, and contributed to Sen. Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) failed bid for the presidency.

Singer’s remarks in Aspen came one day after Trump gave two speeches laying out his fervent opposition to international trade agreements and threatening to raise tariffs on the United States’ leading trading partners, including China and Mexico.

According to CNBC, Singer donated $1 million in April to the anti-Trump Our Principles PAC. He said at the conference that he may not vote for anyone in November.

Singer’s criticism of the presumptive GOP nominee shows how Trump has polarized traditional conservative donors." more at the link: GOP Mega-Donor Warns Trump Would Cause ‘Widespread Global Depression’
Sure, of course! Your absolutely right...if the Worldwide Economy tanks Mr. Orange head will buy-up properties...he'll have his pick. Of course he'll pay .30 cents on the dollar.

The entire financial system world wide is about to implode and it has nothing to do with Trump. When you have a debt based system in 99 percent of the countries, they are going to eventually collapse with the banking oligarchs holding all the hard assets because that was the plan all along. We had an incredible opportunity to do a "top to bottom" audit of the Federal Reserve foreign owned central bank last year only to have it blocked by leftards on the Senate banking committee....I bet they got a very handsome pay off.

If Trump is elected, I imagine a lot of depression.

esp among democrats

We have crap for trade agreements,thst needs to change,the left has been singing that for s long time and are right.
Trump wants fair trade,not no trade.
It's amazing how the left used creative reading at every chance, twist,spin lie

The entire financial system world wide is about to implode and it has nothing to do with Trump. When you have a debt based system in 99 percent of the countries, they are going to eventually collapse with the banking oligarchs holding all the hard assets because that was the plan all along. We had an incredible opportunity to do a "top to bottom" audit of the Federal Reserve foreign owned central bank last year only to have it blocked by leftards on the Senate banking committee....I bet they got a very handsome pay off.

Who says we had the opportunity? Got facts...links?

Thank you! I was just reading about that on Huffington Post. Sounds like Singer has a good point. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what Trump means by "economic independence". Is that the same as "isolationism"? Trump is full of shit. He just blows in the wind.

upload_2016-6-29_18-5-26.jpeg

Senate rejects Paul’s push to audit the Fed

Audit the Fed Bill Wins 53-44 Majority in Senate, Blocked by Democrats Filibuster

Just like the GOP House, we have problems with the GOP Senate doncha know.

Just like the GOP House, we have problems with the GOP Senate doncha know.

The problem you have is that you don't understand very much.......you are just one of the sheeple that knows nothing about the foreign owned central bank that decides economic policy and "extends" credit created from nothing.

Forum List

Back