GOP lining up against jobs plan

Maybe after their constituents at home told them to work together across the isle, they have decided to compromise.

How about an isthmus? Do they have to work across those too?

I draw the line at Penninsulas

:lol:

:lol:

Maybe after their constituents at home told them to work together across the isle, they have decided to compromise.

How about an isthmus? Do they have to work across those too?

Leaving out peninsulas?

RACIST!!

oops

:redface:

Political showdown shaping up over Obama's 'American Jobs Act' - CNN.com

Of course they are! The worse thing in the world for the GOP would be for the economy to improve before November 2012. They are very happy with high unemployment.

where is this plan, what does the CBO say about it?

There is no plan.

And once the unions and congressional Democrats finally put it on paper & present it...it will be three thousand pages...none of them will have read it...and we'll have to pass it licketty split so we can find out what's in it.

hey, as long as no more hurricanes ravage a coast we might even be able to get Cantor to vote to fund it!

So how come I'm watching the GOp applauding some of his plans? Does not look like their 'lining up' against anything that is rational, reasonable, and affordable.

ROFLMAO, Yeah I am sure that is it. Or Maybe it's Because this time most of what Obama said, Actually makes sense and can improve the Job Situation.

So how come I'm watching the GOp applauding some of his plans? Does not look like their 'lining up' against anything that is rational, reasonable, and affordable.

ROFLMAO, Yeah I am sure that is it. Or Maybe it's Because this time most of what Obama said, Actually makes sense and can improve the Job Situation.
what is his plan??:doubt:

Sounds like the speaker sees some compromise and good things in Obama's message. They will be able to work together until the tea baggers throw a wrench in anything that creates jobs.

I wouldn't exactly call more "Free Trade Agreements" reasonable, rational OR affordable. That'll be the death nell of American Manufacturing.

We manufacture more goods here than we ever have. Free trade creates wealth. Barriers to trade create poverty. This is Econ 101. No wonder you failed.

Political showdown shaping up over Obama's 'American Jobs Act' - CNN.com

Of course they are! The worse thing in the world for the GOP would be for the economy to improve before November 2012. They are very happy with high unemployment.

where is this plan, what does the CBO say about it?

There is no plan.

And once the unions and congressional Democrats finally put it on paper & present it...it will be three thousand pages...none of them will have read it...and we'll have to pass it licketty split so we can find out what's in it.

Fortunately this isn't the Pelosi House anymore.
Obama has no proposals. I'll bet the CBO does not score this because they do not score political speeches.

I wouldn't exactly call more "Free Trade Agreements" reasonable, rational OR affordable. That'll be the death nell of American Manufacturing.

We manufacture more goods here than we ever have. Free trade creates wealth. Barriers to trade create poverty. This is Econ 101. No wonder you failed.

tell that to an American truck driver...

:cuckoo:

Who gets the wealth increase? They don't tell you that part.

Who gets the wealth increase? They don't tell you that part.

Greedy scary BIG MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS WITH THEIR CORPORATE JETS. Didn't you get the memo from the DNC? Duh.

"You neeed to pass this now" It's all paid for, pass it now and I'll tell you in a couple weeks how we pay for it. I'll believe it as much as I believe all the promises you made to get elected in the first place. We Republicans aren't as dumb as you democrats, we don't believe much of what obama say's anymore. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

so, shovel ready, which wasn't "as shovel ready as we thought", has now become, shovel ready?

Amazing how Obama can stand up in front of Congress and talk about how people who are unemployed are suffering RIGHT NOW...need help immediately...and then propose more infrastructure jobs that will take a YEAR to get off the ground. He's so totally disconnected to what's going on in the country that it's scary. That isn't a plan to put people back to work NOW...it's a plan to put some back to work next year before the election and keep his buddies in the public sector unions employed for another year while the private sector continues to suffer.

Hell the cons would be against Obama cutting income taxes to zed.

And why on earth would we oppose that?

Because if it helped the economy, you might not be able to get rid of Barry in 2012. Your goal should be to keep the economy in the dumpster. Excellent job so far.

Like Barry "needs" help doing that...

You know that car in the ditch metaphor that Obama LOVES to use so much? Yes, he inherited an economy that was in the ditch but then he hopped in and spun the tires until that car was buried right up to the floor boards in debt. Now the Tea Party is here with a tow truck but Barry says he's he doesn't want a tow...just more gas 'cause he's almost out and wants to run the AC and spin the tires some more.

"That isn't a plan to put people back to work NOW..."

Not according to him- these are jobs held up at the last stage by bloody minded no compromise a-hole Pubs...

Last edited:
He ended the Depression AND the recession, technically. Now he'll bring back jobs, if the propaganda machine stfu and cooperate- looks to me like the folks back home told them to too.... tyvm

Forum List

Back